Re: 3,100 Mile Self-Transcendence Race

  • salil_wilson
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 4, 2003
      Dear Prachar 1,

      Your user name begs the question, is there more than one
      Prachar? I would have thought you were one of a kind.

      Today is July 4th. Totally hot and muggy. Matty, our Canberra
      3100 mile participant is having a rough day with very sore shins.
      I'm sure he would be greatly cheered by a phone call.

      I have it on good authority that the race results will be once again
      making an appearence on http://srichinmoyraces.us

      Salil

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, prachar_1
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > This is an appeal to group members living in New York for
      more
      > insights, perceptions, observations and inspirations from the
      3100
      > mile race currently in progress.
      >
      > We are already receiving information, thanks to the excellent
      > coverage on http://srichinmoyraces.us, which has (almost)
      daily
      > updates on mileage, a brief synopsis of daily progress, history
      of
      > the event, along with write-ups on each runner with a photo,
      and
      > photos taken at the race start (more photos would be nice!).
      >
      > One of our Centre members is participating (in his first ever
      multi-
      > day race), and we're trying to get a feel for as much as possible
      of
      > what he and the other runners are experiencing. We've
      phoned him
      > several times while he's been on the course, and it's great to
      get
      > that immediate sense of presence.
      >
      > You can all help develop our oneness further by posting
      whatever
      > impressions you may have from your visits to the race, the
      weather,
      > the ambience, your inner and outer 'take' on the event.
      >
      > We're eagerly looking forward to your narrative, text, script,
      verse,
      > prose, poetry, musings, jottings, ramblings, postings, mime,
      > pronouncements, announcements, inklings, twinklings,
      reactions,
      > thoughts, feelings, photographs, video, film, audio, interviews,
      > analysis, speculations, recollections, recordings,
      reminiscences,
      > ruminations, meditations, sublimations, observations,
      appreciations,
      > exaltations, eulogies, impressions, expressions, sketches,
      drawings,
      > illustrations, paintings, murals, homilies, testimonials,
      > explanations, elucidations, insights, intuitions, premonitions,
      > predictions, anecdotes, diagrams, songs, pie graphs, pop-up
      graphs, 3-
      > D flow charts, scale models, computer games, virtual race
      sites,
      > holograms, personal perspectives from any angle (however
      tangential),
      > performance art, witty, serious, hilarious, cartoons, tall tales,
      > polemics, plays, puppet shows, parables, fables and
      especially your
      > epics...
      >

      > Oh, and who's doing what out there...
      >

      > And that's just for tomorrow...
      >

      > Thank you
      >
      > Prachar
    • prachar_1
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 5, 2003
        We're often quick to complain when we're not happy with something.

        And some of us have, ever so mildly, expressed some slight
        frustrations over the past few days with our inability to access up-
        to-the-minute results from the 3100-mile Self-Transcendence Race in
        progress in New York.

        Well, if we're going to be quick to complain, we have to be even
        readier with praise and gratitude where it is due.

        The superb race site at
        http://srichinmoyraces.us/ultras/3100_miles/standings, has just come
        out with the fastest ever updates on the web, giving us in addition
        to one-thousandth-of-a-mile daily and progressive splits and
        informed narrative, some stunning action photography of our
        favourite multi-day troopers.

        Congratulations to those associated with this service, and a very
        hearty thank you from all the Australian devotees of this epic event!

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, salil_wilson

      • salil_wilson
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 5, 2003
          Dear Prachar 1

          Re: the 3100mile race site
          http://srichinmoyraces.us/ultras/3100_miles/standings

          Ahh the praise. Indeed it is a wonderful thing.

          Hopefully we will have some video soon.

          Salil Wilson

          <no_reply@y...> wrote:
> [...]
          > > reminiscences,
          > > > ruminations, meditations, sublimations, observations,
          > > appreciations,
          > > > exaltations, eulogies, impressions, expressions, sketches,
          > > drawings,
          > > > illustrations, paintings, murals, homilies, testimonials,
          > > > explanations, elucidations, insights, intuitions,
          premonitions,
          > > > predictions, anecdotes, diagrams, songs, pie graphs,
          pop-up
          > > graphs, 3-
          > > > D flow charts, scale models, computer games, virtual race
          > > sites,
          > > > holograms, personal perspectives from any angle
          (however
          > > tangential),
          > > > performance art, witty, serious, hilarious, cartoons, tall
          > tales,
          > > > polemics, plays, puppet shows, parables, fables and

        • ckgaparajita
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 5, 2003
            >This is an appeal to group members living in New York for more
            >insights, perceptions, observations and inspirations from the 3100
            >mile race currently in progress.

            Well, I have been spending a lot of time studying the deeper inner
            and outer meaning of this race, as I am filming again this year with the intention of
            doing a long documentary. Along the way there will be many several short pieces
            which will go online.

            The more I enter into the consciousness of the race, the more I feel that this race is a
            microcosm of the human existence, played out in the space of a mere 7 weeks. And
            out of this play comes many, many valuable life lessons that will be of tremendous
            benefit to the entire humanity when it comes to know of the race more broadly.

            Hopefully these lessons -- as well as the experience of the race -- will be captured in
            the videos to come.

            More on this later.

            3100 Mile Race: http://srichinmoyraces.us

            - Aparajita
          • natabara7
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 5, 2003
              I just watched Abichal's 15 minutes of fame on the online video and it really brings
              you there. The Tamil World Games going on in the background was quite a nice
              touch.

              Here in New York we see and talk to these runners a lot, but for someone to go on
              the web and see and experience these people and the event is quite remarkable.
              Hopefully there will be more videos from around the world being posted.

              -Natabara

              --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, ckgaparajita <no_reply@y...>
              wrote:
              > >This is an appeal to group members living in New York for more
              > >insights, perceptions, observations and inspirations from the 3100
              > >mile race currently in progress.
              >
              > Well, I have been spending a lot of time studying the deeper inner
              > and outer meaning of this race, as I am filming again this year with the intention of
              > doing a long documentary. Along the way there will be many several short pieces
              > which will go online.
              >
              > The more I enter into the consciousness of the race, the more I feel that this race is
              > microcosm of the human existence, played out in the space of a mere 7 weeks. And
              > out of this play comes many, many valuable life lessons that will be of tremendous
              > benefit to the entire humanity when it comes to know of the race more broadly.
              >
              > Hopefully these lessons -- as well as the experience of the race -- will be captured
              in
              > the videos to come.
              >
              > More on this later.
              >
              > 3100 Mile Race: http://srichinmoyraces.us
              >
              > - Aparajita
            • salil_wilson
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 6, 2003
                Dear one and all,

                If anyone wants to send a message to the runners you can by
                emailing info@... or click on
                http://www.srichinmoyraces.us/contact

                These messages will then be posted on the day we receive
                them. We will also give a printed copy to the race headquarters
                for the runners.

                Thanks for your support.

                Salil Wilson

                ps I've got some great photos so keep watching the site.

                --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, natabara7

              • johnji_nz
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 7, 2003
                  I'd just like to add my voice to Prachar's request for further info and insghts about the
                  3100 mile race. I'm watching the progress of all of the runners in this immortal race
                  with avid interest, and would love to see more info and insights into the runners and
                  their progress - and particuarly more photos. Maybe the great Natabara might be
                  able to find the time to add some more excellent pictures to his already impressive
                  portfolio :)

                  Thanks in advance,

                  John

                  "Harmony shall liberate the world from the web of complexities."
                  -Sri Chinmoy

                  A site dedicated to the poetry of Sri Chinmoy:
                  http://www.srichinmoypoetry.com
                • adhiratha
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 11, 2003
                    I went out to see the runners and want to report that after 7:00 AM,
                    Australian Matt was two miles away from 1200 Miles. When he was at
                    about 500 miles and we were chating he mentioned that we have the
                    same birthday. There is a 30 year difference. It turns out on that
                    day in 1973 when Matt was being born and I had just been around Sri
                    Chinmoy and his students in Jamaica for a short time. On that day I
                    received a special Gift in my awareness for my birthday. At any rate
                    Matt and I were discussing these things as we walked or jogged along.
                    It also was noted that my longest distance for running any event was
                    50 miles. I mententioed to Matt that he was 30 years later than me
                    comming to this world but as of that date at 500 miles he was already
                    10 times better. In his own Self Transcendence race today he passed
                    the 1200 mile mark and therefore in our shared oneness transcendence
                    world is now "30 years later - 22 times better." Congrats Matt,
                    Prachar, Salil and the Australian oneness support team.
                    - Adhiratha Keefe