More about good thoughts

  • sundari_one
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2003
      Thank you Bhuvah for your quotes from Sri Chinmoy about positive thinking.
      Here is another one:

      "At every moment I am assailed by bad thoughts or inspired by good thoughts.
      When I am assailed by a bad thought, I will try to discard it. When I am
      inspired by a good thought, I will try to develop and enlarge it. When I start
      meditating early in the morning, if one good thought comes, I will try to
      enlarge it. Let us say it is a thought of divine love -- not human, emotional
      love, but divine, universal love -- 'I love God, I love God's entire creation.' This
      thought can be expanded. I can think of love as my ideal, as my ultimate
      Goal. In this way, if I think of divine love, universal love, transcendental love,
      then I am identifying myself with The Goal itself."

      I love this philosophy of Sri Chinmoy's. At every moment it is up to us to make
      the choice between uplifting, positive thoughts and discouraging, unaspiring
      thoughts. That is our job and that is our power. Our whole consciousness
      depends on the choice we make at every single moment of our day. And Sri
      Chinmoy makes it so much easier for us to choose positive thoughts by giving
      us such a wonderful spiritual family to be a part of. For this and for his selfless
      love and guidance I am so so grateful.

      --Sundari

      --Sundari