About The SCMT 3100 Miles

  • suchanajai
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 28, 2003
      We are so inspired by this incredible feat our sister and
      brothers runners are manifesting in New York!

      ¨The human life is a difficult
      Cross-country run.

      The divine life is an easy, charming
      And Heaven-enjoying Fun-Run.¨

      Sri Chinmoy

      Some other beautiful sites about Sri Chinmoy and Sri Chinmoy´s
      activities:

      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com

      http://www.srichinmoypoetry.com

      http://www.srichinmoyraces.org
    • bhuvah_nz
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2003
        I came across this really nice excerpt by Sri Chinmoy expressing his
        views on physical fitness I thought you might be interested in:

        "I am a seeker and a God-lover. God is trying to inspire humanity in a
        new way in and through me. The spiritual Masters of the hoary past
        thought the inner life and the outer life could not go together. In
        India some of them think this even today. Our spiritual Masters, in
        order to realise God, used to live in the Himalayan caves or in one
        solitary room for 20, 30 or 40 years. They were afraid of entering
        into society. They said that the outer life could never be transformed
        because they felt that inner inspiration or aspiration did not
        function in the outer life. But my Beloved Supreme—who is my Lord, who
        is your Lord, who is everybody's Lord—feels that if we neglect the
        body, the outer life, then how are we going to be perfect in every
        aspect of life and how are we going to manifest Him? The body is the
        temple and the soul is the shrine. If we neglect the temple and do not
        keep it in good condition, what will happen to the shrine? If we pay
        attention only to the shrine, then how can the temple do something for
        God?"

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, suchanajai

        http://www.srichinmoy.org