Positive Thinking

  • sundari_one
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 18, 2003
      Sri Chinmoy says,
      "If you do not look for the negative qualities in others,
      automatically the positive qualities come forward.
      At every moment the mind is either thinking of something
      positive and creative or of something negative and destructive.
      So the best thing is to see the positive things in others. If you
      consciously see the positive things, then the negative qualities
      cannot come forward.
      If you can see the divine qualities in others -- if you can see in
      each person a divine child, or a beautiful flower, or a burning
      candle symbolising the ascent of the flame of aspiration -- you
      will be full of joy. If you see inside them somebody praying and
      meditating, or a most luminous, divine child, you will be full of
      joy. If you see the divine in a person, then your strength,
      inspiration and aspiration will increase."

      For more of Sri Chinmoy's writings, please see: Sri Chinmoy
      Library - http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com
    • nayak_ltp
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 27, 2003
        Thanks, Sundari,

        This is one of the simplest yet hardest lessons to learn: see the
        positive, don't criticize. The payoff is that you are a positive
        person--realistically positive, not Pollyanna. Who wants to go around
        shooting barbs? The poison that you share you must first taste
        yourself. No fun. Better to share smiles, concern. I love a song by
        Sri Chinmoy with the words: "Negativity paralises and paralises.
        Positivity divinises and divinises." This is from the Enthusiasm
        songbook, #4, I believe.

        God, You are very nice. Make me just a little bit like You.

        Yours,

        Nayak

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sundari_one
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Sri Chinmoy says,
        > "If you do not look for the negative qualities in others,
        > automatically the positive qualities come forward.
        > At every moment the mind is either thinking of something
        > positive and creative or of something negative and destructive.
        > So the best thing is to see the positive things in others. If you
        > consciously see the positive things, then the negative qualities
        > cannot come forward.
        > If you can see the divine qualities in others -- if you can see in
        > each person a divine child, or a beautiful flower, or a burning
        > candle symbolising the ascent of the flame of aspiration -- you
        > will be full of joy. If you see inside them somebody praying and
        > meditating, or a most luminous, divine child, you will be full of
        > joy. If you see the divine in a person, then your strength,
        > inspiration and aspiration will increase."
        >
        > For more of Sri Chinmoy's writings, please see: Sri Chinmoy
        > Library - http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com
      • bhuvah_nz
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 30, 2003
          Thanks Nayak and Sundari - it is always good to be reminded to be more
          positive! This is also nice thought by Sri Chinmoy:

          "Your mind is your door. You have the authority to open the door or
          keep it closed. In your house you allow only your friends to enter,
          and not your enemies. So when thoughts come to your mental door, allow
          only good thoughts, divine thoughts, to enter. If you allow bad
          thoughts to enter your mind, they will destroy your aspiration and
          ruin your spiritual life. When a thought enters into you, either it is
          from a divine world or it is from an undivine world. If your thoughts
          are in any way disturbing your meditation, that means they are
          undivine thoughts. But when a thought enters into your mind and you
          feel that you are expanding, you can know that it is a divine thought.
          If you see a garden, you are consciously delighted with its outer
          beauty and inner beauty. But you are not bound by the garden. It is
          not capturing you and you are not trying to bind it. While you are
          looking at the garden you are feeling that the fragrance of the
          flowers is spreading all around you. That is what a divine thought is
          like. So whenever a thought wants to enter into you, first see whether
          that thought is going to bind you or whether it is going to enlarge
          you or be enlarged by you. The thought that can bind you or be bound
          by you is an undivine thought, a hostile force. The thought that can
          expand you, and that you can expand with your aspiring consciousness,
          is a divine thought."

          View more inspiration from Sri Chinmoy at

          Links:

          Sri Chinmoy's main site: http://www.srichinmoy.org

          Sri Chinmoy Library - http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com

          Sri Chinmoy Poetry - http://www.srichinmoypoetry.com