Re: Running under the rain

  • igor1406
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2004
      Hi Oleg and thanks for your message which inspires me to run.

      Being involved in swimming all my life, running always made me
      suffer. Running was too difficult for me, even when I was in my best
      swimming shape.

      When I visited meditation classes, I decided to start running. My
      first running session was about 2k, and I felt exhausted. However,
      with practice my running improved.

      As our path is the path of inner and outer progress and self-
      transcendence, I took part in a lot of running competitions. I
      completed a number of half-marathons, and finished a full marathon
      this past August. I've gotten the inspiration to run more than
      before.

      It seems that during the competition we get some blessings from the
      inner world to go beyond our capacity, as well as getting outer
      inspiration from other runners. Probably, we are most receptive when
      we run together.

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, scrdfire
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > This morning it was all the time raining in Kiev. Nevertheless, I
      was
      > inspired to put my running shoes on, take cap (the main thing that
      > make you feel comfortable while running under water drops) and
      direct
      > my steps towards Goloseevsky forest, that is very near from my
      home.
      > Actually, I'm running there from my childhood. During the rain
      time I
      > have special course on asphalt road – there is a place adjacent to
      > the forest that is known as Expocenter in Kiev. Very beautiful
      > nature, no people at the morning. Exactly at that place we had
      first
      > 12h run on 18 September.
      > Although my current pace is quite slow after 3100 race and I got
      > additional blessing-water from above I had very joyful feeling:
      you
      > are beyond rain and nasty weather. Actually, I was enjoying wet
      > grass, trees, puddles, grey sky like anything. This is so easy:
      just
      > put your running shoes on… and be beyond everything.
      > During my jogging so many inspiring thoughts came as good friends
      > me: to inspire more my family, to be more disciplined in life… and
      > even to write to Inspiration group. I know this secret from my
      school
      > time: if you have problems and know not what and how to do, just
      go
      > running… the answers will come.
      >
      > Have a happy day,
      >
      > Oleg, Kiev-Ukraine
    • stefanolanzalone
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 12, 2004
        Your message is very inspiring and I thank you deeply and sincerely.
        I read it a few weeks ago… and now I will add something about that
        little line on inspiring your family…
        I want just to say that it does not matter if my parents will
        consciously receive a little glimpse of spiritual inspiration from my
        open or secret attempts, but I will continue to try to inspire them
        as well and often as possible.
        Many times I feel that my mother just refuses any kind of
        inspiration… and sometimes I am a bit "frustrated" and I say to
        myself: "I am losing my energy and time, I am giving up…", but I can
        easily see the *difference*: if for some weeks we do not meditate
        together a few times, if we do not put fresh flowers and burn incense
        in the house and if we do not try to sincerely smile and speak
        soulfully as often as possible, the consciousness of the house, I
        safely say, descends. So inspiration and aspiration –once again-
        can't but work, in a way or another.
        I also have time to time to "remember" and a little bit "force" me to
        inspire and be inspired by my parents and to share –consciously or
        unconsciously- inner good-will and light, and when I do it I do the
        right way, I grow and I am happy and they grow and are happy.

        Stefano L.
        Rome

        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > This morning it was all the time raining in Kiev. Nevertheless, I
        was
        > inspired to put my running shoes on, take cap (the main thing that
        > make you feel comfortable while running under water drops) and
        direct
        > my steps towards Goloseevsky forest, that is very near from my
        home.
        > Actually, I'm running there from my childhood. During the rain time
        > have special course on asphalt road – there is a place adjacent to
        > the forest that is known as Expocenter in Kiev. Very beautiful
        > nature, no people at the morning. Exactly at that place we had
        first
        > 12h run on 18 September.
        > Although my current pace is quite slow after 3100 race and I got
        > additional blessing-water from above I had very joyful feeling: you
        > are beyond rain and nasty weather. Actually, I was enjoying wet
        > grass, trees, puddles, grey sky like anything. This is so easy:
        just
        > put your running shoes on… and be beyond everything.
        > During my jogging so many inspiring thoughts came as good friends
        > me: to inspire more my family, to be more disciplined in life… and
        > even to write to Inspiration group. I know this secret from my
        school
        > time: if you have problems and know not what and how to do, just go
        > running… the answers will come.
        >
        > Have a happy day,
        >
        > Oleg, Kiev-Ukraine
      • vidyutonnati
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 13, 2004
          Hi Stefano

          You are so right to have a "never give up" attitude, because as Sri
          Chinmoy says, he does not only accept the student but also his or
          her dear ones. For me the best example is my own parents. When I
          began my studies with Sri Chinmoy, they never were negative but just
          accepted it - although they did not fully understand it. From time
          to time they were a little critical or had the opinion that I
          visited New York too often, but they never made a big deal of it.
          After some years they sometimes came to a lecture or a concert by
          students of Sri Chinmoy; and they somehow sensed that it was
          definitely something good which their son was doing.

          It was my great desire to bring them to one of Sri Chinmoy's
          concerts one day, to see the master personally. When I tried 2 years
          ago, when Sri Chinmoy was in Munich and Zurich, I desperately failed
          - because for them to drive a few hours to see a Yogi was absolutely
          too much. When I released my CD this year, they liked it soo much
          that they really started distributing it among their friends and
          relatives, although it had my spiritual name on it (which would have
          created a problem years ago). I just gave them a small article about
          the meaning of a spiritual name, and the benefits that come from
          receiving it.

          My next inspiration was to invite them to another concert Sri
          Chinmoy gave - this time in Austria, and what a surprise: there was
          no resistance, they just agreed! On their drive from city to city
          (300 km) they even had to turn around after half an hour because
          they had forgotten their documents. So it took them four and a half
          hours to arrive at exactly the time when the concert started. They
          had great seats in the very first row in front of the stage. After
          the concert they were really happy, very impressed by the master's
          appearance.

          So you see, things always change, no matter how much time it takes.
          Just the constant contact with a spiritual person moves one obstacle
          after the other, even if we are not immediately aware or it.

          Keep inspiring,
          Vidyutonnati

          --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, stefanolanzalone