Re: Never giving up..

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2004
      Dear Jayita, are you sure it is not "half the way to the DESTINATION"?

      Kamalakanta

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, jayita_2708
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > Tonight, Bernice and I finally got to watch the movie "Touching the
      > void". Wow, what an incredible story of courage and determination
      > (For those that haven't seen it, its an amazing story of survival on
      > the mountain). I was deeply touched by the mans unrelenting
      > determination and will-power to keep going despite the adverse
      > conditions. What an inspiration to all of us.
      >
      > Here are some most beautiful aphorisms by Sri Chinmoy that relate to
      > this subject:
      >
      > [unofficial versions]
      >
      > "Never give up hope, hope ultimately succeeds"
      >
      > "Determination covers half of the way to the determination."
      >
      > "By taking one step at a time, eventually you will reach your goal."
      >
      > "Keep trying! It so often happens that the last key opens the door."
      >
      > With love and gratitude,
      > Jayita (Canberra)
    • jayita_2708
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2004
        Oh yes, thankyou for that correction Kamalakanta.

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, kamalakanta47
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Dear Jayita, are you sure it is not "half the way to the
        DESTINATION"?

        > Kamalakanta
        >

        > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, jayita_2708
        > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > > Tonight, Bernice and I finally got to watch the movie "Touching
        the
        > > void". Wow, what an incredible story of courage and
        determination
        > > (For those that haven't seen it, its an amazing story of
        survival on
        > > the mountain). I was deeply touched by the mans unrelenting
        > > determination and will-power to keep going despite the adverse
        > > conditions. What an inspiration to all of us.
        > >
        > > Here are some most beautiful aphorisms by Sri Chinmoy that
        relate to
        > > this subject:
        > >
        > > [unofficial versions]
        > >
        > > "Never give up hope, hope ultimately succeeds"
        > >
        > > "Determination covers half of the way to the determination."
        > >
        > > "By taking one step at a time, eventually you will reach your
        goal."

        > > "Keep trying! It so often happens that the last key opens the
        door."

        > > With love and gratitude,
        > > Jayita (Canberra)
      • piyasi29
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 2, 2004
          On the subject of Never Giving Up, I would like to share my
          extraordinary experience the first time I went to New York to see
          Sri Chinmoy. This experience is relevant here because it brought
          forward an astonishing quality in myself: the determination to hang
          onto my spiritual life, no matter what.

          I was quite a new student on our spiritual Path and was thrilled by
          every moment at the April Celebrations. I wanted to participate in
          everything! People were talking about some big event called a "12
          Hour Walk." Although I had no idea what I was getting myself into, I
          felt I just had to do it. Now, I was a complete novice to everything
          remotely sporty and did not even have appropriate shoes, but that
          factor did not even cross my mind.

          I was completely blown over by the powerful, intense energy present
          at the track where the Walk took place. The discomfort from my
          unsuitable shoes did not help my physical situation. During the
          walk, I felt in another world, on my own life quest. I experienced
          the whole range of human emotions. Numerous times (actually, maybe
          most of the time!), my body, vital and mind told me I had reached
          the limit of my capacity and should stop. Strangely enough,
          something deep within me that I had discovered through my meditation
          was encouraging me lovingly to continue, continue, continueÂ… This
          was the first time in my life that I experienced a capacity way
          beyond my physical, that kept me going and the first time I was
          aware of ignoring my mind.

          I completed the 12 Hour Walk: the most intense, most difficult
          experience mixed with the deepest joy and gratitude I had ever felt.
          For me, the experience was a metaphor for life, a lesson that we
          must never give up our precious spiritual life in the face of
          difficulties and problems - and there have been many!

          Piyasi