Inspiring others

  • erika2713
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1 2:46 PM
      It is wonderful how our teacher and we as students from our
      meditations, aspirations, running and service are all playing our
      part in helping others to aspire in their own way.

      [unofficial versions]

      "One conscious soul is more than enough
      To arouse countless unconcious souls
      From a comatose life of dark amnesia."

      "One concious soul
      Is God's representative
      In God's unprecedented way."

      Sri Chinmoy.
    • melinda_geelong
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 25, 2005
        Sri Chinmoy writes

        "My life without fail
        Tremendously improves
        When I inspire others"

        My Christmas-New Year-Vacation-Aspiration-Prayers part 25.15

        (unofficial)

        I was reflecting on this after meeting a school Mum on her way to school the other
        morning. Jenny is someone on whom we set our watch because she is the only other
        person to be later than I am in getting the kids to school. So she is my hero!
        She is much more of a hero that I had imagined as I discovered recently

        There is a bit of a rise up to the school crossing which some mornings can feel like a
        real hill. I can always tell when I've had a late night because even this albeit short
        steep gradient can really get my heart thumping.
        I was walking back down this one day and Jenny was coming up and I remembered
        thinking how old she looked. (She is not much older than I am). She was walking very
        slowly and deliberately.
        On this particular day we exchanged more than polite greetings as I engaged her in a
        deeper conversation. As it transpires she has been having chemotherapy for a year
        and wears a beanie because her hair has fallen out. She told me that she needed to
        walk her son to school for two reasons. One was to give her some exercise and the
        other was because she needed to keep an eye on him because he sometimes has fits
        on the way to school.
        Boy! what a way to make you feel Gratitude. I felt what little I had to worry or think
        about in my life compared to some.
        I couldn't help thinking how many people in the world face such enormous difficulties
        every day of their lives
        I also felt immense pride for her efforts and her cheerful attitude to life and wish that
        Gurus aphorism could really become a prayer for her so that her life can improve
        Tremendously on the strength of the Inspiration she gives others.