Make my day

  • ed_silverton
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2004
      Someone made my day today, and it wasn't even 9 a.m.
      Cycling to work, I caught up a fellow cyclist who had a little girl
      seated on the back in one of those plastic seats that is mounted on
      top of the rear wheel. As I approached them, she turned round to see
      who was coming, and so I waved. All she did was smile and wave back,
      but in that moment, in the middle of the rush-hour traffic, I was
      overwhelmed by the beauty and naturalness of her action. I read a
      while ago one of Sri Chinmoy's poems about the special nature of a
      young child's smile, and ever since, I treasure these smiles as
      coming straight from God.

      Ed