Re: In Praise of Dharmaja (and Anita's Solace)

  • sumangali_m
    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 1, 2004
      Yes, BRAVO Dharmaja for your perennial kindness! It seems a
      comforting word is never too much trouble for you.

      Anita, I felt for you when I read your message #7926 but did not know
      what to say at the time. Your message below reminded me of a poem I
      submitted to Panorama in April, so I am offering it here as a
      means of contribution. I wrote it at a time when I was facing a bit
      of an uncomfortable patch myself (a little more than just my tea
      going cold, distressing though that is). At that time, everyone else
      seemed to be going through their own stuff. They therefore were
      (understandably) not in a position to give me the outer human support
      which can be so comforting sometimes, and which I felt I needed.

      Notes:

      The capital "Y" in "You" is because I am speaking to
      the Supreme, and not to a German.

      The word "ARE" is in capitals because it's not possible
      to underline or italicise anything here. That sad fact has already
      got me into a bit of a scrape, so I thought I would explain ahead of
      time ;-)

      If this was a Monty Python film, the next sentence would be:

      "Get ON with it!"

      So here's the poem already:

      All of them know if I have not been fed,
      Or I did not go early enough to bed.
      Everyone hears if my tea has gone cold,
      Or that thing which my customer wants has been sold.
      Still I bundle it up, and take it to You,
      Though I know You have always got lots to do.

      The sky's still unpainted, the daisies still closed,
      The dawn's on the boil, blackbird's song half-composed,
      Yet with rapt attention You lovingly stand,
      With a broadening Smile, and a brush in one Hand.
      As if it were Your only important Task,
      "How ARE you?" You earnestly, eagerly ask.

      With love from
      Sumangali
      :oD

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, anitabusic

    • tatiana_thehague
      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 2, 2004
        Dear Sarah,

        Your posting just warmed my heart. So did your posting the other day
        about the homeopathic compassion miracle!

        Since we are talking about encouragement, here a few lines from the
        book Encouragement by Sri Chinmoy:

        Encouragement
        is the helper
        of enlightenment.

        When we
        encourage others,
        we increase
        our own divine
        qualities.

        Encouragement-givers
        are the choice
        instruments
        of God.

        Through
        encouragement,
        we offer our
        divinity to mankind.

        Encouragement
        is the heart
        in tune
        with God's
        appreciation.

        Each time
        I encourage
        the world,
        God helps me
        to run faster,
        dive deeper
        and fly higher.

        Encouragement
        radiates love,
        concern and
        the feeling of
        oneness.
        ~Sri Chinmoy

        In oneness,

        Tatiana

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sarah_inseattle
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > For Anita, Tatiana, --- and Dharmaja,
        >
        > It *is* nice to get a response or comment when one has posted a
        > message, especially, as Tatiana says, "when you write something
        > personal." Definitely there can a vulnerable feeling, posting
        > something so heart-felt. And at the same time, I was glad to read
        > that Anita felt the process itself, of writing and posting, had
        been
        > helpful.
        >
        > I hope you will laugh with me, when I explain that I *also*
        started
        > to post a response to Anita but did not send it!
        >
        > That very morning, I had been struggling with a problem that was
        > frightening me. I knew that meditation was the medicine, but I
        just
        > couldn't manage it.
        >
        > During my "meditation," such as it was, I found myself
        contemplating
        > the idea of soliciting help from the Inspiration Group. I had
        > decided I would. But a bit later that morning, after I logged on
        > and read all the new posts, I decided not to.
        >
        > Just as I was ready to log off, some new posts came in, so I read
        > those, too. Anita's was the last one in the group. There it was--
        -
        > "my" problem!
        >
        > I started to reply to Anita, marveling at the "coincidence."
        > However, as I was composing my reply, I lost my internet
        connection,
        > and therefore what I had written!!! The heck with it, I thought.
        > Maybe I'll try again later.
        >
        > I did log on later. At that time I saw Dharmaja's response. Wow,
        > thought. It was so simple and powerful, and, as you said,
        > sympathetic and full of oneness. For Anita, I could not have said
        > it better, and for myself, I also was very comforted by Dharmaja's
        > words.
        >
        > Anita, it seems there were a great many responses to your post in
        > the inner worlds, if not at this site!
        >
        > Gratitude to you all,
        > Sarah
        > Seattle
        >
        > P.S. What helped me out of my fear that day was realizing God
        loves
        > me and is taking care of me; I need not worry. For the entire
        day,
        > I made sure that Sri Chinmoy's music was playing softly in the
        > background all the time at home and in the car. It was a
        constant,
        > gentle, soothing balm, and a reminder.

      • sarah_inseattle
        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 3, 2004
          Dear Tatiana,

          Ah, yes! It is sweetness to get a reply - thank you!

          What wonderful "encouragement" aphorisms. I cannot recall ever
          seeing Sri Chinmoy's book on Encouragement. Now I will be on a
          mission to find it in our centre library and/or the online library.
          I'm so glad you mentioned it.

          In oneness,
          Sarah
          Seattle

          --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, tatiana_thehague

          Message 4 of 19 , Oct 3, 2004
            Hello Sumangali and Everyone,

            For years I wrote short newspaper articles and e-mailed them to my
            editor in the body of the e-mail (not as attachments - long story).
            When I used the title of a book or needed to emphasize a word, she
            advised me to use asterisks, instead of capital letters, underlines,
            or italics, So, a book title appeared as, *My Life's Soul-
            Journey*. If I needed to *emphasize* a *word* this is how I would do
            it.

            I have noticed my edition of Microsoft Word automatically converts a
            word such as *this* to a bold "this", so perhaps her advice reflects
            some kind of standard. (I do not know the mechanics of how my
            asterisks were converted to italics before they went to press.)

            In any case, I think asterisks are an aesthetically pleasing
            alternative and wonder if it would be helpful to use them.

            In oneness,
            Sarah
            Seattle

            --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sumangali_m
            <no_reply@y...> wrote:

            <big snip>

            > The word "ARE" is in capitals because it's not possible
            > to underline or italicise anything here. That sad fact has already
            > got me into a bit of a scrape, so I thought I would explain ahead
            of
            > time ;-)

            <big snip>

            > With love from
            > Sumangali
            > :oD

            <big snip>
          • anitabusic
            Message 5 of 19 , Oct 4, 2004
              Dear Tatiana, Sarah and Sumangali,

              Thank you very much for your replies. I especially liked the part
              where you (Tatiana & Sarah) confessed you wanted to reply but were
              hesitant and in the last minute chickened out. This just shows how
              truly human we all still are.

              It is not easy to confess, one is having a hard time with one's
              nature, to oneself or especially to someone else. Many people deem
              it a weakness, I on the contrary, deem it to be a strength. Once one
              can accept one has a problem, and you clearly understand its
              underlying context, you are half way through to the solution. Then
              comes the other half - dynamic, persistent action to bring about the
              solution.

              Thank you all for your encouragement. Tatiana, your selection of
              encouragement-poems is truly beautiful and they sat quite nicely in
              my heart; thank you. Sarah, I appreciated you sympathetic oneness
              very much. And Sumangali, the newly discovered author, and may I add
              poet as well, your poem truly transferred me into your enterprise
              and I could just feel the hustle and bustle of what you must be
              dealing with on a daily basis. You have painted a nice picture for
              all of us.

              I am grateful, truly grateful for having such kind spiritual
              brothers and sisters in our spiritual family,

              Anita

              <no_reply@y...> wrote:

> [...]
              > > > thought. It was so simple and powerful, and, as you said,
              > > > sympathetic and full of oneness. For Anita, I could not have
              > said
              > > > it better, and for myself, I also was very comforted by
              > Dharmaja's
              > > > words.
              > > >
              > > > Anita, it seems there were a great many responses to your post
              > in
              > > > the inner worlds, if not at this site!
              > > >
              > > > Gratitude to you all,
              > > > Sarah
              > > > Seattle
              > > >
              > > > P.S. What helped me out of my fear that day was realizing God
              > > loves
              > > > me and is taking care of me; I need not worry. For the entire
              > > day,
              > > > I made sure that Sri Chinmoy's music was playing softly in the
              > > > background all the time at home and in the car. It was a

            • stefanolanzalone
              Message 6 of 19 , Oct 5, 2004
                Got!
                Thanks!
                Stefano L.

                <no_reply@y...> wrote:

                > Hello Sumangali and Everyone,
                >
                > For years I wrote short newspaper articles and e-mailed them to my
                > editor in the body of the e-mail (not as attachments - long
                story).
                > When I used the title of a book or needed to emphasize a word, she
                > advised me to use asterisks, instead of capital letters,
                underlines,
                > or italics, So, a book title appeared as, *My Life's Soul-
                > Journey*. If I needed to *emphasize* a *word* this is how I would
                do
                > it.
                >
                > I have noticed my edition of Microsoft Word automatically converts
                > word such as *this* to a bold "this", so perhaps her advice
                reflects
                > some kind of standard. (I do not know the mechanics of how my
                > asterisks were converted to italics before they went to press.)
                >
                > In any case, I think asterisks are an aesthetically pleasing
                > alternative and wonder if it would be helpful to use them.
                >

                > In oneness,
                > Sarah
                > Seattle
                >
                > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sumangali_m
                > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                >
                > <big snip>
                >
                > > The word "ARE" is in capitals because it's not possible
                > > to underline or italicise anything here. That sad fact has
                already
                > > got me into a bit of a scrape, so I thought I would explain
                ahead
                > of
                > > time ;-)
                >
                > <big snip>
                >
                > > With love from
                > > Sumangali
                > > :oD
                > >

                > <big snip>
              • assistantmummer
                Message 7 of 19 , Oct 22, 2007
                  Great poem, Utpal! Please keep them coming, if you are inspired.

                  Doris, Suchana, and Abhinabha: You know I love poetry, so you know how
                  happy I am to see you writing so beautifully, even under such sad
                  circumstances.

                  I am thrilled to see (and hear) a post from Priyadarshan! Many people
                  agree that since Sri Chinmoy has been freed from the cage of the
                  physical, he can work more powerfully and effectively.

                  Thank you so much to everyone else who is posting: Kamalakanta, Arpan,
                  Sumangali, Mahiruha, Sharada, Sharani, Sarah, Tejvan, Abhijit,
                  Melinda, Shane, Johnji, and Smarana. (Please forgive me if I've left
                  anyone out.)

                  I don't want to clog the bandwidth by writing twenty thank-you notes,
                  but I've read every posting and I love all the poetry and tributes. I
                  also love the posts that just say "I'm here!"

                  Some of us are writers by habit (or you can say "addiction"). We try
                  and put on a little show with language. But you don't have to be like
                  that to post. If you're still struggling with feelings you can't put
                  into words, and you'd like to feel connected to our informal
                  poetry/tribute/grieving circle, just "ring the bell" to say hi.

                  I'm especially touched when I feel in my heart that someone who was
                  struggling to find the words succeeded. That's happening a lot now. I
                  really feel for people who lead quiet, humble, unassuming lives, and
                  for whom Sri Chinmoy was everything, everything, everything! I feel in
                  my heart that some people are experiencing a sense of loss that no
                  words can touch. But maybe you'd like to let us know you're reading.
                  If so, just sign in and "ring the bell."

                  Kamalakanta, please keep teaching me about gratitude so one day I
                  understand it! If it's too hard to put together a real orchestra,
                  maybe you can work with Sukhdev, who has such a great collection of
                  orchestral samples.

                  Arpan, your story was so moving. Sri Chinmoy was always trying to
                  bring more heart to the running, weightlifting, and bodybuilding
                  communities. You are the embodiment of that heart, and your running
                  mates know it.

                  The time of Sri Chinmoy's Mahasamadhi is a very intense time when many
                  people are demonstrating through their work, their prayer, their
                  gratitude, and their words how much they love him. It may take another
                  year to assimilate all the tributes that have been composed in his
                  honour in just one week - by you, the children of his Heart-Boat.
                  Thank you.

                  Michael
                • abhinabha
                  Message 8 of 19 , Oct 23, 2007
                    Dear Michael,

                    Look at Sri Chinmoy's influence beyond the grave: he is bringing all
                    us inspiration-group 'veterans' together again! I've been away from
                    this forum far too long. It feels good to be back. And it is truly a
                    joy to have you in our midst again.
                    I am really sorry to have missed you at Aspiration-Ground - I had no
                    idea you were there. Hopefully there will be another time...

                    Alo Devi's words the day after the funeral ceremony really ring true
                    to me. "You have to start your new life", she said. And it feels just
                    like that - a totally new life. It's not just a new chapter, it's a
                    whole different book altogether.

                    We all thought Sri Chinmoy was going to stay with us at least for
                    another ten years, so the shock of his departure is natural. Yet I
                    also feel exactly like Priyadarshan, Vasanti, Purnakama, Kedar, Sopan
                    and Prachar - he is more alive than ever. This is also what I wrote in
                    the little message book outside Aspiration-Ground. "Stronger than
                    ever, more alive than ever."

                    What touched me very deeply during the week of vigil in New York is
                    the family feeling that we all have. Sri Chinmoy has kind of glued us
                    together with his spiritual glue. And now that he has gone, we see
                    that we are still being kept together. Maybe even stronger than ever.
                    The glue is strong, because it is made of love. It holds throughout
                    eternity. (just don't pour any boiling water over it)

                    Our time here on earth is so limited, although sometimes it seems like
                    a long road. But as Sri Chinmoy himself always said, life is actually
                    really short. Let us make the best of the years ahead of us, keeping
                    together as the loving, spiritual family we are and making our own
                    unique contributions to the world.

                    Best wishes and much love,

                    --Abhinabha

                    --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, assistantmummer

                    Message 9 of 19 , Oct 23, 2007
                      Dear Assitant Mummer, how can I teach you about gratitude, when I
                      myself have yet to blossom fully?

                      May I someday develop the necessary gratitude to make satisfactory
                      progress....

                      Kamalakanta

                      <no_reply@...> wrote:

                      > Great poem, Utpal! Please keep them coming, if you are inspired.
                      >
                      > Doris, Suchana, and Abhinabha: You know I love poetry, so you know how
                      > happy I am to see you writing so beautifully, even under such sad
                      > circumstances.
                      >
                      > I am thrilled to see (and hear) a post from Priyadarshan! Many people
                      > agree that since Sri Chinmoy has been freed from the cage of the
                      > physical, he can work more powerfully and effectively.
                      >
                      > Thank you so much to everyone else who is posting: Kamalakanta, Arpan,
                      > Sumangali, Mahiruha, Sharada, Sharani, Sarah, Tejvan, Abhijit,
                      > Melinda, Shane, Johnji, and Smarana. (Please forgive me if I've left
                      > anyone out.)
                      >
                      > I don't want to clog the bandwidth by writing twenty thank-you notes,
                      > but I've read every posting and I love all the poetry and tributes. I
                      > also love the posts that just say "I'm here!"
                      >
                      > Some of us are writers by habit (or you can say "addiction"). We try
                      > and put on a little show with language. But you don't have to be like
                      > that to post. If you're still struggling with feelings you can't put
                      > into words, and you'd like to feel connected to our informal
                      > poetry/tribute/grieving circle, just "ring the bell" to say hi.
                      >
                      > I'm especially touched when I feel in my heart that someone who was
                      > struggling to find the words succeeded. That's happening a lot now. I
                      > really feel for people who lead quiet, humble, unassuming lives, and
                      > for whom Sri Chinmoy was everything, everything, everything! I feel in
                      > my heart that some people are experiencing a sense of loss that no
                      > words can touch. But maybe you'd like to let us know you're reading.
                      > If so, just sign in and "ring the bell."
                      >
                      > Kamalakanta, please keep teaching me about gratitude so one day I
                      > understand it! If it's too hard to put together a real orchestra,
                      > maybe you can work with Sukhdev, who has such a great collection of
                      > orchestral samples.
                      >
                      > Arpan, your story was so moving. Sri Chinmoy was always trying to
                      > bring more heart to the running, weightlifting, and bodybuilding
                      > communities. You are the embodiment of that heart, and your running
                      > mates know it.
                      >
                      > The time of Sri Chinmoy's Mahasamadhi is a very intense time when many
                      > people are demonstrating through their work, their prayer, their
                      > gratitude, and their words how much they love him. It may take another
                      > year to assimilate all the tributes that have been composed in his
                      > honour in just one week - by you, the children of his Heart-Boat.
                      > Thank you.
                      >
                      > Michael

                    • kedarvideo
                      Message 10 of 19 , Oct 23, 2007
                        "An eternal traveller, indeed, this is my earhtly name. An immortal observer,
                        indeed this is my heavenly name.

                        To travel all over the world is to be aware of the universal frailties and foibles of
                        human nature and at the same time, to get tremendous opportunity to become
                        more patient, more understanding and more forgiving."

                        Extract from Sri Chinmoy's "Silver Thought-Waves" This is what gives me
                        strenght. I also ring the bell ...

                        Nirmala

                        no_reply@...> wrote:

                        > Great poem, Utpal! Please keep them coming, if you are inspired.
                        >
                        > Doris, Suchana, and Abhinabha: You know I love poetry, so you know how
                        > happy I am to see you writing so beautifully, even under such sad
                        > circumstances.
                        >
                        > I am thrilled to see (and hear) a post from Priyadarshan! Many people
                        > agree that since Sri Chinmoy has been freed from the cage of the
                        > physical, he can work more powerfully and effectively.
                        >
                        > Thank you so much to everyone else who is posting: Kamalakanta, Arpan,
                        > Sumangali, Mahiruha, Sharada, Sharani, Sarah, Tejvan, Abhijit,
                        > Melinda, Shane, Johnji, and Smarana. (Please forgive me if I've left
                        > anyone out.)
                        >
                        > I don't want to clog the bandwidth by writing twenty thank-you notes,
                        > but I've read every posting and I love all the poetry and tributes. I
                        > also love the posts that just say "I'm here!"
                        >
                        > Some of us are writers by habit (or you can say "addiction"). We try
                        > and put on a little show with language. But you don't have to be like
                        > that to post. If you're still struggling with feelings you can't put
                        > into words, and you'd like to feel connected to our informal
                        > poetry/tribute/grieving circle, just "ring the bell" to say hi.
                        >
                        > I'm especially touched when I feel in my heart that someone who was
                        > struggling to find the words succeeded. That's happening a lot now. I
                        > really feel for people who lead quiet, humble, unassuming lives, and
                        > for whom Sri Chinmoy was everything, everything, everything! I feel in
                        > my heart that some people are experiencing a sense of loss that no
                        > words can touch. But maybe you'd like to let us know you're reading.
                        > If so, just sign in and "ring the bell."
                        >
                        > Kamalakanta, please keep teaching me about gratitude so one day I
                        > understand it! If it's too hard to put together a real orchestra,
                        > maybe you can work with Sukhdev, who has such a great collection of
                        > orchestral samples.
                        >
                        > Arpan, your story was so moving. Sri Chinmoy was always trying to
                        > bring more heart to the running, weightlifting, and bodybuilding
                        > communities. You are the embodiment of that heart, and your running
                        > mates know it.
                        >
                        > The time of Sri Chinmoy's Mahasamadhi is a very intense time when many
                        > people are demonstrating through their work, their prayer, their
                        > gratitude, and their words how much they love him. It may take another
                        > year to assimilate all the tributes that have been composed in his
                        > honour in just one week - by you, the children of his Heart-Boat.
                        > Thank you.
                        >
                        > Michael

                      • arpan_deangelo
                        Message 11 of 19 , Oct 23, 2007
                          Dear Michael,
                          Thank you for your kind words. Until recently I have not posted in a
                          while for various reasons. But your encouragement has now inspired me
                          to contribute once more.
                          Sri Chinmoy has taught us many great lessons and even now is teaching
                          us one of the most difficult to understand and grasp, that is if we
                          are using only the mind or body to understand it.

                          But death, however scary it may seem, goes beyond both mind and body.
                          When it had to be accepted, however difficult, Guru did so like a true
                          hero. I am sure that in his passing to the Highest worlds his heroism,
                          so aptly demonstrated in his life and in his death, is now being
                          celebrated most joyously by all the souls that have been waiting
                          patiently for his return there.
                          This past week which started out quite sombre as we attempted to
                          accept and understand his physical death gradually became one of true
                          celebration of his life and light. We still have all of that in his
                          works and his consciousness which is enough for many generations to come.

                          I saw you in the driveway just before you went into Aspiration-Ground
                          but did not have time to say hello as you were somewhat occupied. I
                          also missed you on your way out but was glad to see you for a brief
                          moment. I think we must have met many years ago when you were around.
                          But meeting you in this virtual world is also quite thrilling as you
                          offer so much enthusiasm and creative devotion to this forum.

                          I hope this infusion of energy and comforting light which Sri Chinmoy
                          has been pouring down on all of us can endure and manifest in the
                          midst of all our responsibilities and activities in such a complex and
                          needy world. You have helped us to feel and appreciate this in all
                          your inimitable creative and supportive words.
                          Gratefully,
                          Arpan

                          <no_reply@...> wrote:

                          > Great poem, Utpal! Please keep them coming, if you are inspired.
                          >
                          > Doris, Suchana, and Abhinabha: You know I love poetry, so you know how
                          > happy I am to see you writing so beautifully, even under such sad
                          > circumstances.
                          >
                          > I am thrilled to see (and hear) a post from Priyadarshan! Many people
                          > agree that since Sri Chinmoy has been freed from the cage of the
                          > physical, he can work more powerfully and effectively.
                          >
                          > Thank you so much to everyone else who is posting: Kamalakanta, Arpan,
                          > Sumangali, Mahiruha, Sharada, Sharani, Sarah, Tejvan, Abhijit,
                          > Melinda, Shane, Johnji, and Smarana. (Please forgive me if I've left
                          > anyone out.)
                          >
                          > I don't want to clog the bandwidth by writing twenty thank-you notes,
                          > but I've read every posting and I love all the poetry and tributes. I
                          > also love the posts that just say "I'm here!"
                          >
                          > Some of us are writers by habit (or you can say "addiction"). We try
                          > and put on a little show with language. But you don't have to be like
                          > that to post. If you're still struggling with feelings you can't put
                          > into words, and you'd like to feel connected to our informal
                          > poetry/tribute/grieving circle, just "ring the bell" to say hi.
                          >
                          > I'm especially touched when I feel in my heart that someone who was
                          > struggling to find the words succeeded. That's happening a lot now. I
                          > really feel for people who lead quiet, humble, unassuming lives, and
                          > for whom Sri Chinmoy was everything, everything, everything! I feel in
                          > my heart that some people are experiencing a sense of loss that no
                          > words can touch. But maybe you'd like to let us know you're reading.
                          > If so, just sign in and "ring the bell."
                          >
                          > Kamalakanta, please keep teaching me about gratitude so one day I
                          > understand it! If it's too hard to put together a real orchestra,
                          > maybe you can work with Sukhdev, who has such a great collection of
                          > orchestral samples.
                          >
                          > Arpan, your story was so moving. Sri Chinmoy was always trying to
                          > bring more heart to the running, weightlifting, and bodybuilding
                          > communities. You are the embodiment of that heart, and your running
                          > mates know it.
                          >
                          > The time of Sri Chinmoy's Mahasamadhi is a very intense time when many
                          > people are demonstrating through their work, their prayer, their
                          > gratitude, and their words how much they love him. It may take another
                          > year to assimilate all the tributes that have been composed in his
                          > honour in just one week - by you, the children of his Heart-Boat.
                          > Thank you.
                          >
                          > Michael

                        • purnakama2000
                          Message 12 of 19 , Oct 24, 2007
                            Abhinaba, I feel oneness with you as I too have been away for far
                            too long, and I am just now realising how much I missed everybody
                            here.

                            It's true. I feel a collective coming together and supporting of
                            each other that I think we must all foster (definitely no boiling
                            water).
                            I remember being in NY and finding out that my part of the Christmas
                            trip was cancelled, and I could not reschedule because of my work.
                            Already feeling bereft and broken, the idea of no Christmas trip
                            felt truly final. Guru was really gone. No more early morning riding
                            meditations in hotel lobbies, no more coming back from adventures to
                            find Guru in the function room telling stories of His childhood, or
                            His ashram days.

                            --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, abhinabha
                            <no_reply@...> wrote:

> [...]
                            > > maybe you can work with Sukhdev, who has such a great collection
                            of
                            > > orchestral samples.
                            > >
                            > > Arpan, your story was so moving. Sri Chinmoy was always trying to
                            > > bring more heart to the running, weightlifting, and bodybuilding
                            > > communities. You are the embodiment of that heart, and your
                            running
                            > > mates know it.
                            > >
                            > > The time of Sri Chinmoy's Mahasamadhi is a very intense time
                            when many
                            > > people are demonstrating through their work, their prayer, their
                            > > gratitude, and their words how much they love him. It may take
                            another
                            > > year to assimilate all the tributes that have been composed in
                            his
                            > > honour in just one week - by you, the children of his Heart-Boat.

                          • purnakama2000
                            Message 13 of 19 , Oct 24, 2007
                              Abhinaba, I feel oneness with you as I too have been away from this
                              forum for far too long and have forgotten how much I missed
                              everybody.
                              And I'm so happy to see the return of our assistantmummer with his
                              heartfelt writing and encouragement.

                              I also agree that there has been a collective bonding that has been
                              so powerful and helpful for us all. I know that I have friends all
                              over the world that I can call on for support.

                              I wanted to share with everybody from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna
                              about after Sri Ramakrishna's passing.It feels very familiar.

                              "Sri Ramakrishna passed away on Sunday, August 15th, 1886, plunging
                              his devotees and disciples into a sea of grief. They were like men
                              in a shipwreck. But a bond of strong love held them together, and
                              they found assurance and courage in each other's company. They could
                              not enjoy the friendship of worldly people and would talk only of
                              their Master.
                              ' Shall we behold him again?'
                              This was the one theme of their thought and the one dream of their
                              sleep. Alone they wept for him;walking in the streets of Calcutta,
                              they were engrossed in the thought of him.
                              The Master had once said to M.,"It becomes difficult for me to give
                              up the body, when I realise that after my death you will wander
                              about weeping for me."
                              Time and again Sri Ramakrishna had told them that God reveals
                              Himself to His devotees if they yearn for Him and call on Him with
                              whole-souled devotion. He assured them that God listens to the
                              prayer of a sincere heart."

                              Purnakama