Re: In praise of Dharmaja!

  • sarah_inseattle
    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 1, 2004
      For Anita, Tatiana, --- and Dharmaja,

      It *is* nice to get a response or comment when one has posted a
      message, especially, as Tatiana says, "when you write something
      personal." Definitely there can a vulnerable feeling, posting
      something so heart-felt. And at the same time, I was glad to read
      that Anita felt the process itself, of writing and posting, had been
      helpful.

      I hope you will laugh with me, when I explain that I *also* started
      to post a response to Anita but did not send it!

      That very morning, I had been struggling with a problem that was
      frightening me. I knew that meditation was the medicine, but I just
      couldn't manage it.

      During my "meditation," such as it was, I found myself contemplating
      the idea of soliciting help from the Inspiration Group. I had
      decided I would. But a bit later that morning, after I logged on
      and read all the new posts, I decided not to.

      Just as I was ready to log off, some new posts came in, so I read
      those, too. Anita's was the last one in the group. There it was---
      "my" problem!

      I started to reply to Anita, marveling at the "coincidence."
      However, as I was composing my reply, I lost my internet connection,
      and therefore what I had written!!! The heck with it, I thought.
      Maybe I'll try again later.

      I did log on later. At that time I saw Dharmaja's response. Wow, I
      thought. It was so simple and powerful, and, as you said,
      sympathetic and full of oneness. For Anita, I could not have said
      it better, and for myself, I also was very comforted by Dharmaja's
      words.

      Anita, it seems there were a great many responses to your post in
      the inner worlds, if not at this site!

      Gratitude to you all,
      Sarah
      Seattle

      P.S. What helped me out of my fear that day was realizing God loves
      me and is taking care of me; I need not worry. For the entire day,
      I made sure that Sri Chinmoy's music was playing softly in the
      background all the time at home and in the car. It was a constant,
      gentle, soothing balm, and a reminder.

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, tatiana_thehague
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > Hi Anita
      >

      > Thank you Lord for the Dharmajas in this world, who keep
      encouraging
      > us!
      >
      > Especially when you write something personal, you really give
      > something from yourself. In a way that makes you a bit vulnerable.
      > It is really nice then to see that somebody understood what you
      were
      > trying to say or appreciated the effort.
      >
      > I have to admit that I replied to you surrender message as well. I
      > wrote something like. "I am definitely in your boat. I can only
      hope
      > that there are people here who aren't"
      > But I chickened out, I wasn't brave enough to send it! Silly me!
      >
      > I'll try to be more couragous in the future,
      >
      > Tatiana
      >
      > P.S.: Thank you for all your happiness poems. I really enjoyed
      them!

      > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, anitabusic
      > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > I join in the praises of Dharmaja. For a simple reason, he was
      the
      > > only one who commented my message from Wednesday in which I said
      > > was struggling to surrender. His sympathetic oneness warmed my
      > > heart. I truly felt I wasn't alone in the boat.
      > >
      > > I do like when people comment messages. One feels one has
      > > contributed and given something to others and it was received at
      > > least by someone. That is the purpose of this site anyway: to
      > offer
      > > inspiration to others or to receive it.
      > >
      > > I conclude this message with a poem that inspired me this
      morning.

      > > "The human in me prays for God's Love.
      > > The divine in me prays for God's Victory."
      > >
      > > Why has this poetry-gem of Sri Chinmoy inspired me, is I believe
      > > self-evident. Any commentary would not suffice. So I leave it as
      > it
      > > is.
      > >
      > > Praying for God's Victory,
      > >
      > > Anita

    • sumangali_m
      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 1, 2004
        Yes, BRAVO Dharmaja for your perennial kindness! It seems a
        comforting word is never too much trouble for you.

        Anita, I felt for you when I read your message #7926 but did not know
        what to say at the time. Your message below reminded me of a poem I
        submitted to Panorama in April, so I am offering it here as a
        means of contribution. I wrote it at a time when I was facing a bit
        of an uncomfortable patch myself (a little more than just my tea
        going cold, distressing though that is). At that time, everyone else
        seemed to be going through their own stuff. They therefore were
        (understandably) not in a position to give me the outer human support
        which can be so comforting sometimes, and which I felt I needed.

        Notes:

        The capital "Y" in "You" is because I am speaking to
        the Supreme, and not to a German.

        The word "ARE" is in capitals because it's not possible
        to underline or italicise anything here. That sad fact has already
        got me into a bit of a scrape, so I thought I would explain ahead of
        time ;-)

        If this was a Monty Python film, the next sentence would be:

        "Get ON with it!"

        So here's the poem already:

        All of them know if I have not been fed,
        Or I did not go early enough to bed.
        Everyone hears if my tea has gone cold,
        Or that thing which my customer wants has been sold.
        Still I bundle it up, and take it to You,
        Though I know You have always got lots to do.

        The sky's still unpainted, the daisies still closed,
        The dawn's on the boil, blackbird's song half-composed,
        Yet with rapt attention You lovingly stand,
        With a broadening Smile, and a brush in one Hand.
        As if it were Your only important Task,
        "How ARE you?" You earnestly, eagerly ask.

        With love from
        Sumangali
        :oD

        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > I join in the praises of Dharmaja. For a simple reason, he was the
        > only one who commented my message from Wednesday in which I said I
        > was struggling to surrender. His sympathetic oneness warmed my
        > heart. I truly felt I wasn't alone in the boat.
        >
        > I do like when people comment messages. One feels one has
        > contributed and given something to others and it was received at
        > least by someone. That is the purpose of this site anyway: to offer
        > inspiration to others or to receive it.
        >
        > I conclude this message with a poem that inspired me this morning.
        >
        > "The human in me prays for God's Love.
        > The divine in me prays for God's Victory."
        >
        > Why has this poetry-gem of Sri Chinmoy inspired me, is I believe
        > self-evident. Any commentary would not suffice. So I leave it as it
        > is.
        >
        > Praying for God's Victory,
        >
        > Anita
        >
        > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, rogerfromcardiff
        > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > > Dear Dharmaja,
        > >
        > > I love your postings here and whenever I see your name I remember
        > the
        > > first celebrations musical performance I was ever in - April 94
        > was
        > > the time, and the group was.....Dharmaja's International Group!
        > >
        > > As with the first time you see your master, he first time you
        > > complete a marathon, and all those other firsts, the feeling of
        > that
        > > first time you get to sing in a group at celebrations is
        > > unforgettable.
        > >
        > > The outer details are harder to recall; I think we sang Jibaner
        > Majhe
        > > and Sundara Madhumoy, while Fran (who was also in a group for the
        > > first time) thinks we did Phule Phule. I also clearly remember
        > > singing Diye Jai with you one time, but perhaps that was later?
        > Its
        > > all a haze in terms of the detail, but the memory of how it felt,
        > > practising in the park and at sports day, singing in front of
        > > Sri Chinmoy, all that is crystal clear.
        > >
        > > I hope I thanked you at the time for bringing all those people
        > > together from so many different countries in a single
        performance,
        > > but thanks again anyway. Your guitar style is so nice to sing
        > with;
        > > subtle chord backing while at the same time picking out the
        melody
        > > with strong rhythmic accents to help us all keep in time - superb.
        > >
        > > I hope you're still picking that guitar!
        > >
        > > Roger
        > > Cardiff
        > > Wales
        > > UK
      • tatiana_thehague
        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 2, 2004
          Dear Sarah,

          Your posting just warmed my heart. So did your posting the other day
          about the homeopathic compassion miracle!

          Since we are talking about encouragement, here a few lines from the
          book Encouragement by Sri Chinmoy:

          Encouragement
          is the helper
          of enlightenment.

          When we
          encourage others,
          we increase
          our own divine
          qualities.

          Encouragement-givers
          are the choice
          instruments
          of God.

          Through
          encouragement,
          we offer our
          divinity to mankind.

          Encouragement
          is the heart
          in tune
          with God's
          appreciation.

          Each time
          I encourage
          the world,
          God helps me
          to run faster,
          dive deeper
          and fly higher.

          Encouragement
          radiates love,
          concern and
          the feeling of
          oneness.
          ~Sri Chinmoy

          In oneness,

          Tatiana

          --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sarah_inseattle

          Message 4 of 19 , Oct 3, 2004
            Dear Tatiana,

            Ah, yes! It is sweetness to get a reply - thank you!

            What wonderful "encouragement" aphorisms. I cannot recall ever
            seeing Sri Chinmoy's book on Encouragement. Now I will be on a
            mission to find it in our centre library and/or the online library.
            I'm so glad you mentioned it.

            In oneness,
            Sarah
            Seattle

            Message 5 of 19 , Oct 3, 2004
              Hello Sumangali and Everyone,

              For years I wrote short newspaper articles and e-mailed them to my
              editor in the body of the e-mail (not as attachments - long story).
              When I used the title of a book or needed to emphasize a word, she
              advised me to use asterisks, instead of capital letters, underlines,
              or italics, So, a book title appeared as, *My Life's Soul-
              Journey*. If I needed to *emphasize* a *word* this is how I would do
              it.

              I have noticed my edition of Microsoft Word automatically converts a
              word such as *this* to a bold "this", so perhaps her advice reflects
              some kind of standard. (I do not know the mechanics of how my
              asterisks were converted to italics before they went to press.)

              In any case, I think asterisks are an aesthetically pleasing
              alternative and wonder if it would be helpful to use them.

              In oneness,
              Sarah
              Seattle

              --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sumangali_m
              <no_reply@y...> wrote:

              <big snip>

              > The word "ARE" is in capitals because it's not possible
              > to underline or italicise anything here. That sad fact has already
              > got me into a bit of a scrape, so I thought I would explain ahead
              of
              > time ;-)

              <big snip>

              > With love from
              > Sumangali
              > :oD

              <big snip>
            • anitabusic
              Message 6 of 19 , Oct 4, 2004
                Dear Tatiana, Sarah and Sumangali,

                Thank you very much for your replies. I especially liked the part
                where you (Tatiana & Sarah) confessed you wanted to reply but were
                hesitant and in the last minute chickened out. This just shows how
                truly human we all still are.

                It is not easy to confess, one is having a hard time with one's
                nature, to oneself or especially to someone else. Many people deem
                it a weakness, I on the contrary, deem it to be a strength. Once one
                can accept one has a problem, and you clearly understand its
                underlying context, you are half way through to the solution. Then
                comes the other half - dynamic, persistent action to bring about the
                solution.

                Thank you all for your encouragement. Tatiana, your selection of
                encouragement-poems is truly beautiful and they sat quite nicely in
                my heart; thank you. Sarah, I appreciated you sympathetic oneness
                very much. And Sumangali, the newly discovered author, and may I add
                poet as well, your poem truly transferred me into your enterprise
                and I could just feel the hustle and bustle of what you must be
                dealing with on a daily basis. You have painted a nice picture for
                all of us.

                I am grateful, truly grateful for having such kind spiritual
                brothers and sisters in our spiritual family,

                Anita

                <no_reply@y...> wrote:

> [...]
                > > > thought. It was so simple and powerful, and, as you said,
                > > > sympathetic and full of oneness. For Anita, I could not have
                > said
                > > > it better, and for myself, I also was very comforted by
                > Dharmaja's
                > > > words.
                > > >
                > > > Anita, it seems there were a great many responses to your post
                > in
                > > > the inner worlds, if not at this site!
                > > >
                > > > Gratitude to you all,
                > > > Sarah
                > > > Seattle
                > > >
                > > > P.S. What helped me out of my fear that day was realizing God
                > > loves
                > > > me and is taking care of me; I need not worry. For the entire
                > > day,
                > > > I made sure that Sri Chinmoy's music was playing softly in the
                > > > background all the time at home and in the car. It was a

              • stefanolanzalone
                Message 7 of 19 , Oct 5, 2004
                  Got!
                  Thanks!
                  Stefano L.

                  <no_reply@y...> wrote:

                  > Hello Sumangali and Everyone,
                  >
                  > For years I wrote short newspaper articles and e-mailed them to my
                  > editor in the body of the e-mail (not as attachments - long
                  story).
                  > When I used the title of a book or needed to emphasize a word, she
                  > advised me to use asterisks, instead of capital letters,
                  underlines,
                  > or italics, So, a book title appeared as, *My Life's Soul-
                  > Journey*. If I needed to *emphasize* a *word* this is how I would
                  do
                  > it.
                  >
                  > I have noticed my edition of Microsoft Word automatically converts
                  > word such as *this* to a bold "this", so perhaps her advice
                  reflects
                  > some kind of standard. (I do not know the mechanics of how my
                  > asterisks were converted to italics before they went to press.)
                  >
                  > In any case, I think asterisks are an aesthetically pleasing
                  > alternative and wonder if it would be helpful to use them.
                  >

                  > In oneness,
                  > Sarah
                  > Seattle
                  >
                  > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sumangali_m
                  > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                  >
                  > <big snip>
                  >
                  > > The word "ARE" is in capitals because it's not possible
                  > > to underline or italicise anything here. That sad fact has
                  already
                  > > got me into a bit of a scrape, so I thought I would explain
                  ahead
                  > of
                  > > time ;-)
                  >
                  > <big snip>
                  >
                  > > With love from
                  > > Sumangali
                  > > :oD
                  > >

                  > <big snip>
                • assistantmummer
                  Message 8 of 19 , Oct 22, 2007
                    Great poem, Utpal! Please keep them coming, if you are inspired.

                    Doris, Suchana, and Abhinabha: You know I love poetry, so you know how
                    happy I am to see you writing so beautifully, even under such sad
                    circumstances.

                    I am thrilled to see (and hear) a post from Priyadarshan! Many people
                    agree that since Sri Chinmoy has been freed from the cage of the
                    physical, he can work more powerfully and effectively.

                    Thank you so much to everyone else who is posting: Kamalakanta, Arpan,
                    Sumangali, Mahiruha, Sharada, Sharani, Sarah, Tejvan, Abhijit,
                    Melinda, Shane, Johnji, and Smarana. (Please forgive me if I've left
                    anyone out.)

                    I don't want to clog the bandwidth by writing twenty thank-you notes,
                    but I've read every posting and I love all the poetry and tributes. I
                    also love the posts that just say "I'm here!"

                    Some of us are writers by habit (or you can say "addiction"). We try
                    and put on a little show with language. But you don't have to be like
                    that to post. If you're still struggling with feelings you can't put
                    into words, and you'd like to feel connected to our informal
                    poetry/tribute/grieving circle, just "ring the bell" to say hi.

                    I'm especially touched when I feel in my heart that someone who was
                    struggling to find the words succeeded. That's happening a lot now. I
                    really feel for people who lead quiet, humble, unassuming lives, and
                    for whom Sri Chinmoy was everything, everything, everything! I feel in
                    my heart that some people are experiencing a sense of loss that no
                    words can touch. But maybe you'd like to let us know you're reading.
                    If so, just sign in and "ring the bell."

                    Kamalakanta, please keep teaching me about gratitude so one day I
                    understand it! If it's too hard to put together a real orchestra,
                    maybe you can work with Sukhdev, who has such a great collection of
                    orchestral samples.

                    Arpan, your story was so moving. Sri Chinmoy was always trying to
                    bring more heart to the running, weightlifting, and bodybuilding
                    communities. You are the embodiment of that heart, and your running
                    mates know it.

                    The time of Sri Chinmoy's Mahasamadhi is a very intense time when many
                    people are demonstrating through their work, their prayer, their
                    gratitude, and their words how much they love him. It may take another
                    year to assimilate all the tributes that have been composed in his
                    honour in just one week - by you, the children of his Heart-Boat.
                    Thank you.

                    Michael
                  • abhinabha
                    Message 9 of 19 , Oct 23, 2007
                      Dear Michael,

                      Look at Sri Chinmoy's influence beyond the grave: he is bringing all
                      us inspiration-group 'veterans' together again! I've been away from
                      this forum far too long. It feels good to be back. And it is truly a
                      joy to have you in our midst again.
                      I am really sorry to have missed you at Aspiration-Ground - I had no
                      idea you were there. Hopefully there will be another time...

                      Alo Devi's words the day after the funeral ceremony really ring true
                      to me. "You have to start your new life", she said. And it feels just
                      like that - a totally new life. It's not just a new chapter, it's a
                      whole different book altogether.

                      We all thought Sri Chinmoy was going to stay with us at least for
                      another ten years, so the shock of his departure is natural. Yet I
                      also feel exactly like Priyadarshan, Vasanti, Purnakama, Kedar, Sopan
                      and Prachar - he is more alive than ever. This is also what I wrote in
                      the little message book outside Aspiration-Ground. "Stronger than
                      ever, more alive than ever."

                      What touched me very deeply during the week of vigil in New York is
                      the family feeling that we all have. Sri Chinmoy has kind of glued us
                      together with his spiritual glue. And now that he has gone, we see
                      that we are still being kept together. Maybe even stronger than ever.
                      The glue is strong, because it is made of love. It holds throughout
                      eternity. (just don't pour any boiling water over it)

                      Our time here on earth is so limited, although sometimes it seems like
                      a long road. But as Sri Chinmoy himself always said, life is actually
                      really short. Let us make the best of the years ahead of us, keeping
                      together as the loving, spiritual family we are and making our own
                      unique contributions to the world.

                      Best wishes and much love,

                      --Abhinabha

                      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, assistantmummer

                      Message 10 of 19 , Oct 23, 2007
                        Dear Assitant Mummer, how can I teach you about gratitude, when I
                        myself have yet to blossom fully?

                        May I someday develop the necessary gratitude to make satisfactory
                        progress....

                        Kamalakanta

                        <no_reply@...> wrote:

                        > Great poem, Utpal! Please keep them coming, if you are inspired.
                        >
                        > Doris, Suchana, and Abhinabha: You know I love poetry, so you know how
                        > happy I am to see you writing so beautifully, even under such sad
                        > circumstances.
                        >
                        > I am thrilled to see (and hear) a post from Priyadarshan! Many people
                        > agree that since Sri Chinmoy has been freed from the cage of the
                        > physical, he can work more powerfully and effectively.
                        >
                        > Thank you so much to everyone else who is posting: Kamalakanta, Arpan,
                        > Sumangali, Mahiruha, Sharada, Sharani, Sarah, Tejvan, Abhijit,
                        > Melinda, Shane, Johnji, and Smarana. (Please forgive me if I've left
                        > anyone out.)
                        >
                        > I don't want to clog the bandwidth by writing twenty thank-you notes,
                        > but I've read every posting and I love all the poetry and tributes. I
                        > also love the posts that just say "I'm here!"
                        >
                        > Some of us are writers by habit (or you can say "addiction"). We try
                        > and put on a little show with language. But you don't have to be like
                        > that to post. If you're still struggling with feelings you can't put
                        > into words, and you'd like to feel connected to our informal
                        > poetry/tribute/grieving circle, just "ring the bell" to say hi.
                        >
                        > I'm especially touched when I feel in my heart that someone who was
                        > struggling to find the words succeeded. That's happening a lot now. I
                        > really feel for people who lead quiet, humble, unassuming lives, and
                        > for whom Sri Chinmoy was everything, everything, everything! I feel in
                        > my heart that some people are experiencing a sense of loss that no
                        > words can touch. But maybe you'd like to let us know you're reading.
                        > If so, just sign in and "ring the bell."
                        >
                        > Kamalakanta, please keep teaching me about gratitude so one day I
                        > understand it! If it's too hard to put together a real orchestra,
                        > maybe you can work with Sukhdev, who has such a great collection of
                        > orchestral samples.
                        >
                        > Arpan, your story was so moving. Sri Chinmoy was always trying to
                        > bring more heart to the running, weightlifting, and bodybuilding
                        > communities. You are the embodiment of that heart, and your running
                        > mates know it.
                        >
                        > The time of Sri Chinmoy's Mahasamadhi is a very intense time when many
                        > people are demonstrating through their work, their prayer, their
                        > gratitude, and their words how much they love him. It may take another
                        > year to assimilate all the tributes that have been composed in his
                        > honour in just one week - by you, the children of his Heart-Boat.
                        > Thank you.
                        >
                        > Michael

                      • kedarvideo
                        Message 11 of 19 , Oct 23, 2007
                          "An eternal traveller, indeed, this is my earhtly name. An immortal observer,
                          indeed this is my heavenly name.

                          To travel all over the world is to be aware of the universal frailties and foibles of
                          human nature and at the same time, to get tremendous opportunity to become
                          more patient, more understanding and more forgiving."

                          Extract from Sri Chinmoy's "Silver Thought-Waves" This is what gives me
                          strenght. I also ring the bell ...

                          Nirmala

                          no_reply@...> wrote:

                          > Great poem, Utpal! Please keep them coming, if you are inspired.
                          >
                          > Doris, Suchana, and Abhinabha: You know I love poetry, so you know how
                          > happy I am to see you writing so beautifully, even under such sad
                          > circumstances.
                          >
                          > I am thrilled to see (and hear) a post from Priyadarshan! Many people
                          > agree that since Sri Chinmoy has been freed from the cage of the
                          > physical, he can work more powerfully and effectively.
                          >
                          > Thank you so much to everyone else who is posting: Kamalakanta, Arpan,
                          > Sumangali, Mahiruha, Sharada, Sharani, Sarah, Tejvan, Abhijit,
                          > Melinda, Shane, Johnji, and Smarana. (Please forgive me if I've left
                          > anyone out.)
                          >
                          > I don't want to clog the bandwidth by writing twenty thank-you notes,
                          > but I've read every posting and I love all the poetry and tributes. I
                          > also love the posts that just say "I'm here!"
                          >
                          > Some of us are writers by habit (or you can say "addiction"). We try
                          > and put on a little show with language. But you don't have to be like
                          > that to post. If you're still struggling with feelings you can't put
                          > into words, and you'd like to feel connected to our informal
                          > poetry/tribute/grieving circle, just "ring the bell" to say hi.
                          >
                          > I'm especially touched when I feel in my heart that someone who was
                          > struggling to find the words succeeded. That's happening a lot now. I
                          > really feel for people who lead quiet, humble, unassuming lives, and
                          > for whom Sri Chinmoy was everything, everything, everything! I feel in
                          > my heart that some people are experiencing a sense of loss that no
                          > words can touch. But maybe you'd like to let us know you're reading.
                          > If so, just sign in and "ring the bell."
                          >
                          > Kamalakanta, please keep teaching me about gratitude so one day I
                          > understand it! If it's too hard to put together a real orchestra,
                          > maybe you can work with Sukhdev, who has such a great collection of
                          > orchestral samples.
                          >
                          > Arpan, your story was so moving. Sri Chinmoy was always trying to
                          > bring more heart to the running, weightlifting, and bodybuilding
                          > communities. You are the embodiment of that heart, and your running
                          > mates know it.
                          >
                          > The time of Sri Chinmoy's Mahasamadhi is a very intense time when many
                          > people are demonstrating through their work, their prayer, their
                          > gratitude, and their words how much they love him. It may take another
                          > year to assimilate all the tributes that have been composed in his
                          > honour in just one week - by you, the children of his Heart-Boat.
                          > Thank you.
                          >
                          > Michael

                        • arpan_deangelo
                          Message 12 of 19 , Oct 23, 2007
                            Dear Michael,
                            Thank you for your kind words. Until recently I have not posted in a
                            while for various reasons. But your encouragement has now inspired me
                            to contribute once more.
                            Sri Chinmoy has taught us many great lessons and even now is teaching
                            us one of the most difficult to understand and grasp, that is if we
                            are using only the mind or body to understand it.

                            But death, however scary it may seem, goes beyond both mind and body.
                            When it had to be accepted, however difficult, Guru did so like a true
                            hero. I am sure that in his passing to the Highest worlds his heroism,
                            so aptly demonstrated in his life and in his death, is now being
                            celebrated most joyously by all the souls that have been waiting
                            patiently for his return there.
                            This past week which started out quite sombre as we attempted to
                            accept and understand his physical death gradually became one of true
                            celebration of his life and light. We still have all of that in his
                            works and his consciousness which is enough for many generations to come.

                            I saw you in the driveway just before you went into Aspiration-Ground
                            but did not have time to say hello as you were somewhat occupied. I
                            also missed you on your way out but was glad to see you for a brief
                            moment. I think we must have met many years ago when you were around.
                            But meeting you in this virtual world is also quite thrilling as you
                            offer so much enthusiasm and creative devotion to this forum.

                            I hope this infusion of energy and comforting light which Sri Chinmoy
                            has been pouring down on all of us can endure and manifest in the
                            midst of all our responsibilities and activities in such a complex and
                            needy world. You have helped us to feel and appreciate this in all
                            your inimitable creative and supportive words.
                            Gratefully,
                            Arpan

                            <no_reply@...> wrote:

                            > Great poem, Utpal! Please keep them coming, if you are inspired.
                            >
                            > Doris, Suchana, and Abhinabha: You know I love poetry, so you know how
                            > happy I am to see you writing so beautifully, even under such sad
                            > circumstances.
                            >
                            > I am thrilled to see (and hear) a post from Priyadarshan! Many people
                            > agree that since Sri Chinmoy has been freed from the cage of the
                            > physical, he can work more powerfully and effectively.
                            >
                            > Thank you so much to everyone else who is posting: Kamalakanta, Arpan,
                            > Sumangali, Mahiruha, Sharada, Sharani, Sarah, Tejvan, Abhijit,
                            > Melinda, Shane, Johnji, and Smarana. (Please forgive me if I've left
                            > anyone out.)
                            >
                            > I don't want to clog the bandwidth by writing twenty thank-you notes,
                            > but I've read every posting and I love all the poetry and tributes. I
                            > also love the posts that just say "I'm here!"
                            >
                            > Some of us are writers by habit (or you can say "addiction"). We try
                            > and put on a little show with language. But you don't have to be like
                            > that to post. If you're still struggling with feelings you can't put
                            > into words, and you'd like to feel connected to our informal
                            > poetry/tribute/grieving circle, just "ring the bell" to say hi.
                            >
                            > I'm especially touched when I feel in my heart that someone who was
                            > struggling to find the words succeeded. That's happening a lot now. I
                            > really feel for people who lead quiet, humble, unassuming lives, and
                            > for whom Sri Chinmoy was everything, everything, everything! I feel in
                            > my heart that some people are experiencing a sense of loss that no
                            > words can touch. But maybe you'd like to let us know you're reading.
                            > If so, just sign in and "ring the bell."
                            >
                            > Kamalakanta, please keep teaching me about gratitude so one day I
                            > understand it! If it's too hard to put together a real orchestra,
                            > maybe you can work with Sukhdev, who has such a great collection of
                            > orchestral samples.
                            >
                            > Arpan, your story was so moving. Sri Chinmoy was always trying to
                            > bring more heart to the running, weightlifting, and bodybuilding
                            > communities. You are the embodiment of that heart, and your running
                            > mates know it.
                            >
                            > The time of Sri Chinmoy's Mahasamadhi is a very intense time when many
                            > people are demonstrating through their work, their prayer, their
                            > gratitude, and their words how much they love him. It may take another
                            > year to assimilate all the tributes that have been composed in his
                            > honour in just one week - by you, the children of his Heart-Boat.
                            > Thank you.
                            >
                            > Michael

                          • purnakama2000
                            Message 13 of 19 , Oct 24, 2007
                              Abhinaba, I feel oneness with you as I too have been away for far
                              too long, and I am just now realising how much I missed everybody
                              here.

                              It's true. I feel a collective coming together and supporting of
                              each other that I think we must all foster (definitely no boiling
                              water).
                              I remember being in NY and finding out that my part of the Christmas
                              trip was cancelled, and I could not reschedule because of my work.
                              Already feeling bereft and broken, the idea of no Christmas trip
                              felt truly final. Guru was really gone. No more early morning riding
                              meditations in hotel lobbies, no more coming back from adventures to
                              find Guru in the function room telling stories of His childhood, or
                              His ashram days.

                              --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, abhinabha
                              <no_reply@...> wrote:

> [...]
                              > > maybe you can work with Sukhdev, who has such a great collection
                              of
                              > > orchestral samples.
                              > >
                              > > Arpan, your story was so moving. Sri Chinmoy was always trying to
                              > > bring more heart to the running, weightlifting, and bodybuilding
                              > > communities. You are the embodiment of that heart, and your
                              running
                              > > mates know it.
                              > >
                              > > The time of Sri Chinmoy's Mahasamadhi is a very intense time
                              when many
                              > > people are demonstrating through their work, their prayer, their
                              > > gratitude, and their words how much they love him. It may take
                              another
                              > > year to assimilate all the tributes that have been composed in
                              his
                              > > honour in just one week - by you, the children of his Heart-Boat.

                            • purnakama2000
                              Message 14 of 19 , Oct 24, 2007
                                Abhinaba, I feel oneness with you as I too have been away from this
                                forum for far too long and have forgotten how much I missed
                                everybody.
                                And I'm so happy to see the return of our assistantmummer with his
                                heartfelt writing and encouragement.

                                I also agree that there has been a collective bonding that has been
                                so powerful and helpful for us all. I know that I have friends all
                                over the world that I can call on for support.

                                I wanted to share with everybody from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna
                                about after Sri Ramakrishna's passing.It feels very familiar.

                                "Sri Ramakrishna passed away on Sunday, August 15th, 1886, plunging
                                his devotees and disciples into a sea of grief. They were like men
                                in a shipwreck. But a bond of strong love held them together, and
                                they found assurance and courage in each other's company. They could
                                not enjoy the friendship of worldly people and would talk only of
                                their Master.
                                ' Shall we behold him again?'
                                This was the one theme of their thought and the one dream of their
                                sleep. Alone they wept for him;walking in the streets of Calcutta,
                                they were engrossed in the thought of him.
                                The Master had once said to M.,"It becomes difficult for me to give
                                up the body, when I realise that after my death you will wander
                                about weeping for me."
                                Time and again Sri Ramakrishna had told them that God reveals
                                Himself to His devotees if they yearn for Him and call on Him with
                                whole-souled devotion. He assured them that God listens to the
                                prayer of a sincere heart."

                                Purnakama