Never giving up..

  • jayita_2708
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2004
      Tonight, Bernice and I finally got to watch the movie "Touching the
      void". Wow, what an incredible story of courage and determination
      (For those that haven't seen it, its an amazing story of survival on
      the mountain). I was deeply touched by the mans unrelenting
      determination and will-power to keep going despite the adverse
      conditions. What an inspiration to all of us.

      Here are some most beautiful aphorisms by Sri Chinmoy that relate to
      this subject:

      [unofficial versions]

      "Never give up hope, hope ultimately succeeds"

      "Determination covers half of the way to the determination."

      "By taking one step at a time, eventually you will reach your goal."

      "Keep trying! It so often happens that the last key opens the door."

      With love and gratitude,
      Jayita (Canberra)
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2004
        Dear Jayita, are you sure it is not "half the way to the DESTINATION"?

        Kamalakanta

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, jayita_2708
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Tonight, Bernice and I finally got to watch the movie "Touching the
        > void". Wow, what an incredible story of courage and determination
        > (For those that haven't seen it, its an amazing story of survival on
        > the mountain). I was deeply touched by the mans unrelenting
        > determination and will-power to keep going despite the adverse
        > conditions. What an inspiration to all of us.
        >
        > Here are some most beautiful aphorisms by Sri Chinmoy that relate to
        > this subject:
        >
        > [unofficial versions]
        >
        > "Never give up hope, hope ultimately succeeds"
        >
        > "Determination covers half of the way to the determination."
        >
        > "By taking one step at a time, eventually you will reach your goal."
        >
        > "Keep trying! It so often happens that the last key opens the door."
        >
        > With love and gratitude,
        > Jayita (Canberra)
      • jayita_2708
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 2, 2004
          Oh yes, thankyou for that correction Kamalakanta.

          --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, kamalakanta47
          <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > Dear Jayita, are you sure it is not "half the way to the
          DESTINATION"?

          > Kamalakanta
          >

          > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, jayita_2708
          > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > > Tonight, Bernice and I finally got to watch the movie "Touching
          the
          > > void". Wow, what an incredible story of courage and
          determination
          > > (For those that haven't seen it, its an amazing story of
          survival on
          > > the mountain). I was deeply touched by the mans unrelenting
          > > determination and will-power to keep going despite the adverse
          > > conditions. What an inspiration to all of us.
          > >
          > > Here are some most beautiful aphorisms by Sri Chinmoy that
          relate to
          > > this subject:
          > >
          > > [unofficial versions]
          > >
          > > "Never give up hope, hope ultimately succeeds"
          > >
          > > "Determination covers half of the way to the determination."
          > >
          > > "By taking one step at a time, eventually you will reach your
          goal."

          > > "Keep trying! It so often happens that the last key opens the
          door."

          > > With love and gratitude,
          > > Jayita (Canberra)
        • piyasi29
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 2, 2004
            On the subject of Never Giving Up, I would like to share my
            extraordinary experience the first time I went to New York to see
            Sri Chinmoy. This experience is relevant here because it brought
            forward an astonishing quality in myself: the determination to hang
            onto my spiritual life, no matter what.

            I was quite a new student on our spiritual Path and was thrilled by
            every moment at the April Celebrations. I wanted to participate in
            everything! People were talking about some big event called a "12
            Hour Walk." Although I had no idea what I was getting myself into, I
            felt I just had to do it. Now, I was a complete novice to everything
            remotely sporty and did not even have appropriate shoes, but that
            factor did not even cross my mind.

            I was completely blown over by the powerful, intense energy present
            at the track where the Walk took place. The discomfort from my
            unsuitable shoes did not help my physical situation. During the
            walk, I felt in another world, on my own life quest. I experienced
            the whole range of human emotions. Numerous times (actually, maybe
            most of the time!), my body, vital and mind told me I had reached
            the limit of my capacity and should stop. Strangely enough,
            something deep within me that I had discovered through my meditation
            was encouraging me lovingly to continue, continue, continueÂ… This
            was the first time in my life that I experienced a capacity way
            beyond my physical, that kept me going and the first time I was
            aware of ignoring my mind.

            I completed the 12 Hour Walk: the most intense, most difficult
            experience mixed with the deepest joy and gratitude I had ever felt.
            For me, the experience was a metaphor for life, a lesson that we
            must never give up our precious spiritual life in the face of
            difficulties and problems - and there have been many!

            Piyasi