Happiness!

  • vaskoji
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 30, 2004
      Happiness is not something
      That we can give to the world.
      Happiness is not something
      That we can get from the world.
      Happiness is something
      That we can get only from the Supreme.
      Happiness is something
      That we can give only to the Supreme.

      Sri Chinmoy
    • anitabusic
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 4, 2004
        Wow Vaskoji,

        This is one gem I didn't have in my collection. I am sure to add it.
        Thanks a lot!

        Anita

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, vaskoji
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Happiness is not something
        > That we can give to the world.
        > Happiness is not something
        > That we can get from the world.
        > Happiness is something
        > That we can get only from the Supreme.
        > Happiness is something
        > That we can give only to the Supreme.
        >
        > Sri Chinmoy
      • srichinmoyinspiration
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 22, 2004
          [From Petronev]

          I do not understand why the world is separated from the Supreme.

          <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > Happiness is not something
          > That we can give to the world.
          > Happiness is not something
          > That we can get from the world.
          > Happiness is something
          > That we can get only from the Supreme.
          > Happiness is something
          > That we can give only to the Supreme.
          >
          > Sri Chinmoy
        • tatiana_thehague
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 22, 2004
            Hi Petronev,

            Interesting question! Of course like you I don't have a clue, but
            here is what I am guessing:

            In reality there is no separation between God and his creation, the
            world. There is no atom to be found that doesn't consist of his
            consciousness. Only we are not aware of it! As long as we feel
            separation between us and the rest of the world, feel a separation
            between us and God, we won't find Happiness in this world. We will
            find Happiness only with our Lord Beloved Supreme. That is the
            situation for now, until the moment we fully realize that we our
            self are our Lord Beloved Supreme and his creation. All in one.

            Tatiana

            -- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, srichinmoyinspiration
            <no_reply@y...> wrote:

            > [From Petronev]
            >
            > I do not understand why the world is separated from the Supreme.
            >

            > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, vaskoji
            > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > > Happiness is not something
            > > That we can give to the world.
            > > Happiness is not something
            > > That we can get from the world.
            > > Happiness is something
            > > That we can get only from the Supreme.
            > > Happiness is something
            > > That we can give only to the Supreme.
            > >
            > > Sri Chinmoy
          • vaskoji
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 22, 2004
              Hi Petronev. If you are asking me, I can tell you this:

              If you care for the Supreme only, then you will get happiness and He
              will be happy, because His other name is Happiness. Other name of
              the world is not happiness. So, you can't do that with the world.
              The world has too many people. Here is only one Person. It's easy to
              make that person happy, and make yourself happy if you love that
              Person. So, if everybody does that, everybody will be happy. And
              that happiness is coming from the Supreme and it's going to the
              Supreme. There is no "world" without us. We are the world. So, we
              are not separated from the Supreme. That means the world is not
              separated from the Supreme.

              Thanks
              Vasko

              <no_reply@y...> wrote:

              > [From Petronev]
              >
              > I do not understand why the world is separated from the Supreme.
              >

              > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, vaskoji
              > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
              > > Happiness is not something
              > > That we can give to the world.
              > > Happiness is not something
              > > That we can get from the world.
              > > Happiness is something
              > > That we can get only from the Supreme.
              > > Happiness is something
              > > That we can give only to the Supreme.
              > >
              > > Sri Chinmoy
            • arpan_deangelo
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 22, 2004
                --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com,
                srichinmoyinspiration <no_reply@y...> wrote:

                > [From Petronev]
                >
                > I do not understand why the world is separated from the Supreme.

                (From Arpan)
                Ignorance