For those wishing to increase their happiness!

  • anitabusic
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2004
      Dear all,

      Though for some it may be boring, I really enjoy reading and sharing
      these happiness-poems by Sri Chinmoy. They are all truly life-
      instructing and self-search-provoking, as you can see from the
      following:

      [unofficial versions]

      Lack of money
      Delays your world-journey.

      Lack of love
      Delays your life-journey.

      Lack of aspiration
      Delays your God-journey.

      Yet if you can remain happy,
      Money-seeds will grow in you,
      Love-river will flow through you,
      Aspiration-mountain will wait for you.

      * * *

      Count your blessings.
      God will take care of
      Your surroundings.

      * * *

      Truth is in all.
      But love is all.

      * * *

      If I have just one aim,
      And if that aim is to be myself,
      Then I am bound to discover joy,
      True joy, eternal joy.

      * * *

      Do you want to be always?
      Then give up fighting for negativity
      And learn the beautiful art
      Of self-encouragement.

      * * *

      You want to end your unhappiness.
      I tell you, there is one way
      To end your unhappiness,
      And that is to end your constant feeling
      Of unpleasant unworthiness.

      * * *

      The problem with fault-finding
      Is that he who finds fault with others
      Is in no way a happy person
      Even after he has successfully
      Accomplished his task.

      * * *

      Wishing you a very happy day indeed!

      Anita
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2004
        Dear Anita, I think you left out a word in the following poem

        Do you want to be always (HAPPY)?
        Then give up fighting for negativity
        And learn the beautiful art
        Of self-encouragement.

        Kamalakanta

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, anitabusic
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Dear all,
        >
        > Though for some it may be boring, I really enjoy reading and sharing
        > these happiness-poems by Sri Chinmoy. They are all truly life-
        > instructing and self-search-provoking, as you can see from the
        > following:
        >
        > [unofficial versions]
        >
        > Lack of money
        > Delays your world-journey.
        >
        > Lack of love
        > Delays your life-journey.
        >
        > Lack of aspiration
        > Delays your God-journey.
        >
        > Yet if you can remain happy,
        > Money-seeds will grow in you,
        > Love-river will flow through you,
        > Aspiration-mountain will wait for you.
        >
        > * * *
        >
        > Count your blessings.
        > God will take care of
        > Your surroundings.
        >
        > * * *
        >
        > Truth is in all.
        > But love is all.
        >
        > * * *
        >
        > If I have just one aim,
        > And if that aim is to be myself,
        > Then I am bound to discover joy,
        > True joy, eternal joy.
        >
        > * * *
        >
        > Do you want to be always?
        > Then give up fighting for negativity
        > And learn the beautiful art
        > Of self-encouragement.
        >
        > * * *
        >
        > You want to end your unhappiness.
        > I tell you, there is one way
        > To end your unhappiness,
        > And that is to end your constant feeling
        > Of unpleasant unworthiness.
        >
        > * * *
        >
        > The problem with fault-finding
        > Is that he who finds fault with others
        > Is in no way a happy person
        > Even after he has successfully
        > Accomplished his task.
        >
        > * * *
        >
        > Wishing you a very happy day indeed!
        >
        > Anita
      • anitabusic
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 4, 2004
          Dear Kamalakanta,

          Thanks for noticing. I realized my mistake as well when I saw that
          the AM wrote [unofficial versions] and I knew that there must be a
          typo somewhere. What an eye our dear AM has. It does take a while to
          read all these messages and see if there are some mistakes,
          ommissions or typos.

          Thank you and the AM for pointing out my ommission.

          Anita

          --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, kamalakanta47