Re: Running under the rain

  • vlad_volgograd
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2004
      Hi Oleg!
      Your message is most inspiring. I remembered right away my first
      half a marathon. It was in France a few years ago. After long
      preparation I decided to try. The weather was fine. I was surrounded
      with beautiful nature of small village in the recess of France: cows,
      fields and infrequent dogs:)
      I was full of joy and enthusiasm but in half hour and about 5 km the
      heaviest shower was began. I wetted to the skin at once and after
      short hesitation I decided to run forward and to thank Supreme for
      this powerful purification. In response I received an endless stream
      of Joy, Peace and Gratitude.
      When I almost dry out the rain began again for the second and,
      later, third time.
      It was most joyful experience.
      When I finished, I looked at my watch and was strongly astonished.
      The time was 2:22:22
      From that time I have a special experience when I running at the
      raining weather (remember Skopje 18km)

      Good luck!
      vlad, Volgograd-Russia

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, scrdfire
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > This morning it was all the time raining in Kiev. Nevertheless, I
      was
      > inspired to put my running shoes on, take cap (the main thing that
      > make you feel comfortable while running under water drops) and
      direct
      > my steps towards Goloseevsky forest, that is very near from my
      home.
      > Actually, I'm running there from my childhood. During the rain
      time I
      > have special course on asphalt road – there is a place adjacent to
      > the forest that is known as Expocenter in Kiev. Very beautiful
      > nature, no people at the morning. Exactly at that place we had
      first
      > 12h run on 18 September.
      > Although my current pace is quite slow after 3100 race and I got
      > additional blessing-water from above I had very joyful feeling:
      you
      > are beyond rain and nasty weather. Actually, I was enjoying wet
      > grass, trees, puddles, grey sky like anything. This is so easy:
      just
      > put your running shoes on… and be beyond everything.
      > During my jogging so many inspiring thoughts came as good friends
      > me: to inspire more my family, to be more disciplined in life… and
      > even to write to Inspiration group. I know this secret from my
      school
      > time: if you have problems and know not what and how to do, just
      go
      > running… the answers will come.
      >
      > Have a happy day,
      >
      > Oleg, Kiev-Ukraine
    • igor1406
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2004
        Hi Oleg and thanks for your message which inspires me to run.

        Being involved in swimming all my life, running always made me
        suffer. Running was too difficult for me, even when I was in my best
        swimming shape.

        When I visited meditation classes, I decided to start running. My
        first running session was about 2k, and I felt exhausted. However,
        with practice my running improved.

        As our path is the path of inner and outer progress and self-
        transcendence, I took part in a lot of running competitions. I
        completed a number of half-marathons, and finished a full marathon
        this past August. I've gotten the inspiration to run more than
        before.

        It seems that during the competition we get some blessings from the
        inner world to go beyond our capacity, as well as getting outer
        inspiration from other runners. Probably, we are most receptive when
        we run together.

        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > This morning it was all the time raining in Kiev. Nevertheless, I
        was
        > inspired to put my running shoes on, take cap (the main thing that
        > make you feel comfortable while running under water drops) and
        direct
        > my steps towards Goloseevsky forest, that is very near from my
        home.
        > Actually, I'm running there from my childhood. During the rain
        time I
        > have special course on asphalt road – there is a place adjacent to
        > the forest that is known as Expocenter in Kiev. Very beautiful
        > nature, no people at the morning. Exactly at that place we had
        first
        > 12h run on 18 September.
        > Although my current pace is quite slow after 3100 race and I got
        > additional blessing-water from above I had very joyful feeling:
        you
        > are beyond rain and nasty weather. Actually, I was enjoying wet
        > grass, trees, puddles, grey sky like anything. This is so easy:
        just
        > put your running shoes on… and be beyond everything.
        > During my jogging so many inspiring thoughts came as good friends
        > me: to inspire more my family, to be more disciplined in life… and
        > even to write to Inspiration group. I know this secret from my
        school
        > time: if you have problems and know not what and how to do, just
        go
        > running… the answers will come.
        >
        > Have a happy day,
        >
        > Oleg, Kiev-Ukraine
      • stefanolanzalone
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 12, 2004
          Your message is very inspiring and I thank you deeply and sincerely.
          I read it a few weeks ago… and now I will add something about that
          little line on inspiring your family…
          I want just to say that it does not matter if my parents will
          consciously receive a little glimpse of spiritual inspiration from my
          open or secret attempts, but I will continue to try to inspire them
          as well and often as possible.
          Many times I feel that my mother just refuses any kind of
          inspiration… and sometimes I am a bit "frustrated" and I say to
          myself: "I am losing my energy and time, I am giving up…", but I can
          easily see the *difference*: if for some weeks we do not meditate
          together a few times, if we do not put fresh flowers and burn incense
          in the house and if we do not try to sincerely smile and speak
          soulfully as often as possible, the consciousness of the house, I
          safely say, descends. So inspiration and aspiration –once again-
          can't but work, in a way or another.
          I also have time to time to "remember" and a little bit "force" me to
          inspire and be inspired by my parents and to share –consciously or
          unconsciously- inner good-will and light, and when I do it I do the
          right way, I grow and I am happy and they grow and are happy.

          Stefano L.
          Rome

          <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > This morning it was all the time raining in Kiev. Nevertheless, I
          was
          > inspired to put my running shoes on, take cap (the main thing that
          > make you feel comfortable while running under water drops) and
          direct
          > my steps towards Goloseevsky forest, that is very near from my
          home.
          > Actually, I'm running there from my childhood. During the rain time
          > have special course on asphalt road – there is a place adjacent to
          > the forest that is known as Expocenter in Kiev. Very beautiful
          > nature, no people at the morning. Exactly at that place we had
          first
          > 12h run on 18 September.
          > Although my current pace is quite slow after 3100 race and I got
          > additional blessing-water from above I had very joyful feeling: you
          > are beyond rain and nasty weather. Actually, I was enjoying wet
          > grass, trees, puddles, grey sky like anything. This is so easy:
          just
          > put your running shoes on… and be beyond everything.
          > During my jogging so many inspiring thoughts came as good friends
          > me: to inspire more my family, to be more disciplined in life… and
          > even to write to Inspiration group. I know this secret from my
          school
          > time: if you have problems and know not what and how to do, just go
          > running… the answers will come.
          >
          > Have a happy day,
          >
          > Oleg, Kiev-Ukraine
        • vidyutonnati
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 13, 2004
            Hi Stefano

            You are so right to have a "never give up" attitude, because as Sri
            Chinmoy says, he does not only accept the student but also his or
            her dear ones. For me the best example is my own parents. When I
            began my studies with Sri Chinmoy, they never were negative but just
            accepted it - although they did not fully understand it. From time
            to time they were a little critical or had the opinion that I
            visited New York too often, but they never made a big deal of it.
            After some years they sometimes came to a lecture or a concert by
            students of Sri Chinmoy; and they somehow sensed that it was
            definitely something good which their son was doing.

            It was my great desire to bring them to one of Sri Chinmoy's
            concerts one day, to see the master personally. When I tried 2 years
            ago, when Sri Chinmoy was in Munich and Zurich, I desperately failed
            - because for them to drive a few hours to see a Yogi was absolutely
            too much. When I released my CD this year, they liked it soo much
            that they really started distributing it among their friends and
            relatives, although it had my spiritual name on it (which would have
            created a problem years ago). I just gave them a small article about
            the meaning of a spiritual name, and the benefits that come from
            receiving it.

            My next inspiration was to invite them to another concert Sri
            Chinmoy gave - this time in Austria, and what a surprise: there was
            no resistance, they just agreed! On their drive from city to city
            (300 km) they even had to turn around after half an hour because
            they had forgotten their documents. So it took them four and a half
            hours to arrive at exactly the time when the concert started. They
            had great seats in the very first row in front of the stage. After
            the concert they were really happy, very impressed by the master's
            appearance.

            So you see, things always change, no matter how much time it takes.
            Just the constant contact with a spiritual person moves one obstacle
            after the other, even if we are not immediately aware or it.

            Keep inspiring,
            Vidyutonnati

            --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, stefanolanzalone