Re: In praise of Dharmaja!

  • anitabusic
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 30, 2004
      I join in the praises of Dharmaja. For a simple reason, he was the
      only one who commented my message from Wednesday in which I said I
      was struggling to surrender. His sympathetic oneness warmed my
      heart. I truly felt I wasn't alone in the boat.

      I do like when people comment messages. One feels one has
      contributed and given something to others and it was received at
      least by someone. That is the purpose of this site anyway: to offer
      inspiration to others or to receive it.

      I conclude this message with a poem that inspired me this morning.

      "The human in me prays for God's Love.
      The divine in me prays for God's Victory."

      Why has this poetry-gem of Sri Chinmoy inspired me, is I believe
      self-evident. Any commentary would not suffice. So I leave it as it
      is.

      Praying for God's Victory,

      Anita

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, rogerfromcardiff
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > Dear Dharmaja,
      >
      > I love your postings here and whenever I see your name I remember
      the
      > first celebrations musical performance I was ever in - April 94
      was
      > the time, and the group was.....Dharmaja's International Group!
      >
      > As with the first time you see your master, he first time you
      > complete a marathon, and all those other firsts, the feeling of
      that
      > first time you get to sing in a group at celebrations is
      > unforgettable.
      >
      > The outer details are harder to recall; I think we sang Jibaner
      Majhe
      > and Sundara Madhumoy, while Fran (who was also in a group for the
      > first time) thinks we did Phule Phule. I also clearly remember
      > singing Diye Jai with you one time, but perhaps that was later?
      Its
      > all a haze in terms of the detail, but the memory of how it felt,
      > practising in the park and at sports day, singing in front of
      > Sri Chinmoy, all that is crystal clear.
      >
      > I hope I thanked you at the time for bringing all those people
      > together from so many different countries in a single performance,
      > but thanks again anyway. Your guitar style is so nice to sing
      with;
      > subtle chord backing while at the same time picking out the melody
      > with strong rhythmic accents to help us all keep in time - superb.
      >
      > I hope you're still picking that guitar!
      >
      > Roger
      > Cardiff
      > Wales
      > UK
    • tatiana_thehague
      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 1, 2004
        Hi Anita

        Thank you Lord for the Dharmajas in this world, who keep encouraging
        us!

        Especially when you write something personal, you really give
        something from yourself. In a way that makes you a bit vulnerable.
        It is really nice then to see that somebody understood what you were
        trying to say or appreciated the effort.

        I have to admit that I replied to you surrender message as well. I
        wrote something like. "I am definitely in your boat. I can only hope
        that there are people here who aren't"
        But I chickened out, I wasn't brave enough to send it! Silly me!

        I'll try to be more couragous in the future,

        Tatiana

        P.S.: Thank you for all your happiness poems. I really enjoyed them!

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, anitabusic
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > I join in the praises of Dharmaja. For a simple reason, he was the
        > only one who commented my message from Wednesday in which I said I
        > was struggling to surrender. His sympathetic oneness warmed my
        > heart. I truly felt I wasn't alone in the boat.
        >
        > I do like when people comment messages. One feels one has
        > contributed and given something to others and it was received at
        > least by someone. That is the purpose of this site anyway: to
        offer
        > inspiration to others or to receive it.
        >
        > I conclude this message with a poem that inspired me this morning.
        >
        > "The human in me prays for God's Love.
        > The divine in me prays for God's Victory."
        >
        > Why has this poetry-gem of Sri Chinmoy inspired me, is I believe
        > self-evident. Any commentary would not suffice. So I leave it as
        it
        > is.
        >
        > Praying for God's Victory,
        >
        > Anita

      • rogerfromcardiff
        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 1, 2004
          Dharmaja,

          A sitar-guitar sounds amazing. I'm also a great lover of those
          primal sounds such as the drone, be it on the humble harmonium (like
          a root note and a "5th") or the tambura.

          Your new project sounds like a real real fusion of East and West.

          Let us know what the finished product sounds like - a sound file of
          some kind on your web site maybe? Who knows, I might get inspired to
          fit a sitar bridge on my bouzouki!

          I'm sure many musical insruments only came into being through this
          kind of modification. For example in Wales we have the crwth. This
          instrument started out as a classical lyre (the ancient greek harp-
          like instrument). Someone had the idea of fitting a neck and frets
          so more complex melodies could be played. Years later someone else
          started playing it with a bow. Now it bears little resemblance to
          the lyre and sounds totally unique.

          You don't hear the crwth played often, but one of our local crwth
          players will be apearing in a multicultural concert soon at which I
          hope to organise a performance of Sri Chinmoy's music, possibly by
          Ananda. If all goes according to plan I'll post something here
          afterwards as it promises to be an unusal and memorable concert.

          Roger
          Cardiff
          Wales
          UK
        • sarah_inseattle
          Message 4 of 19 , Oct 1, 2004
            For Anita, Tatiana, --- and Dharmaja,

            It *is* nice to get a response or comment when one has posted a
            message, especially, as Tatiana says, "when you write something
            personal." Definitely there can a vulnerable feeling, posting
            something so heart-felt. And at the same time, I was glad to read
            that Anita felt the process itself, of writing and posting, had been
            helpful.

            I hope you will laugh with me, when I explain that I *also* started
            to post a response to Anita but did not send it!

            That very morning, I had been struggling with a problem that was
            frightening me. I knew that meditation was the medicine, but I just
            couldn't manage it.

            During my "meditation," such as it was, I found myself contemplating
            the idea of soliciting help from the Inspiration Group. I had
            decided I would. But a bit later that morning, after I logged on
            and read all the new posts, I decided not to.

            Just as I was ready to log off, some new posts came in, so I read
            those, too. Anita's was the last one in the group. There it was---
            "my" problem!

            I started to reply to Anita, marveling at the "coincidence."
            However, as I was composing my reply, I lost my internet connection,
            and therefore what I had written!!! The heck with it, I thought.
            Maybe I'll try again later.

            I did log on later. At that time I saw Dharmaja's response. Wow, I
            thought. It was so simple and powerful, and, as you said,
            sympathetic and full of oneness. For Anita, I could not have said
            it better, and for myself, I also was very comforted by Dharmaja's
            words.

            Anita, it seems there were a great many responses to your post in
            the inner worlds, if not at this site!

            Gratitude to you all,
            Sarah
            Seattle

            P.S. What helped me out of my fear that day was realizing God loves
            me and is taking care of me; I need not worry. For the entire day,
            I made sure that Sri Chinmoy's music was playing softly in the
            background all the time at home and in the car. It was a constant,
            gentle, soothing balm, and a reminder.

            --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, tatiana_thehague
            <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > Hi Anita
            >

            > Thank you Lord for the Dharmajas in this world, who keep
            encouraging
            > us!
            >
            > Especially when you write something personal, you really give
            > something from yourself. In a way that makes you a bit vulnerable.
            > It is really nice then to see that somebody understood what you
            were
            > trying to say or appreciated the effort.
            >
            > I have to admit that I replied to you surrender message as well. I
            > wrote something like. "I am definitely in your boat. I can only
            hope
            > that there are people here who aren't"
            > But I chickened out, I wasn't brave enough to send it! Silly me!
            >
            > I'll try to be more couragous in the future,
            >
            > Tatiana
            >
            > P.S.: Thank you for all your happiness poems. I really enjoyed
            them!

            > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, anitabusic
            > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > > I join in the praises of Dharmaja. For a simple reason, he was
            the
            > > only one who commented my message from Wednesday in which I said
            > > was struggling to surrender. His sympathetic oneness warmed my
            > > heart. I truly felt I wasn't alone in the boat.
            > >
            > > I do like when people comment messages. One feels one has
            > > contributed and given something to others and it was received at
            > > least by someone. That is the purpose of this site anyway: to
            > offer
            > > inspiration to others or to receive it.
            > >
            > > I conclude this message with a poem that inspired me this
            morning.

            > > "The human in me prays for God's Love.
            > > The divine in me prays for God's Victory."
            > >
            > > Why has this poetry-gem of Sri Chinmoy inspired me, is I believe
            > > self-evident. Any commentary would not suffice. So I leave it as
            > it
            > > is.
            > >
            > > Praying for God's Victory,
            > >
            > > Anita

          • sumangali_m
            Message 5 of 19 , Oct 1, 2004
              Yes, BRAVO Dharmaja for your perennial kindness! It seems a
              comforting word is never too much trouble for you.

              Anita, I felt for you when I read your message #7926 but did not know
              what to say at the time. Your message below reminded me of a poem I
              submitted to Panorama in April, so I am offering it here as a
              means of contribution. I wrote it at a time when I was facing a bit
              of an uncomfortable patch myself (a little more than just my tea
              going cold, distressing though that is). At that time, everyone else
              seemed to be going through their own stuff. They therefore were
              (understandably) not in a position to give me the outer human support
              which can be so comforting sometimes, and which I felt I needed.

              Notes:

              The capital "Y" in "You" is because I am speaking to
              the Supreme, and not to a German.

              The word "ARE" is in capitals because it's not possible
              to underline or italicise anything here. That sad fact has already
              got me into a bit of a scrape, so I thought I would explain ahead of
              time ;-)

              If this was a Monty Python film, the next sentence would be:

              "Get ON with it!"

              So here's the poem already:

              All of them know if I have not been fed,
              Or I did not go early enough to bed.
              Everyone hears if my tea has gone cold,
              Or that thing which my customer wants has been sold.
              Still I bundle it up, and take it to You,
              Though I know You have always got lots to do.

              The sky's still unpainted, the daisies still closed,
              The dawn's on the boil, blackbird's song half-composed,
              Yet with rapt attention You lovingly stand,
              With a broadening Smile, and a brush in one Hand.
              As if it were Your only important Task,
              "How ARE you?" You earnestly, eagerly ask.

              With love from
              Sumangali
              :oD

              <no_reply@y...> wrote:
              > I join in the praises of Dharmaja. For a simple reason, he was the
              > only one who commented my message from Wednesday in which I said I
              > was struggling to surrender. His sympathetic oneness warmed my
              > heart. I truly felt I wasn't alone in the boat.
              >
              > I do like when people comment messages. One feels one has
              > contributed and given something to others and it was received at
              > least by someone. That is the purpose of this site anyway: to offer
              > inspiration to others or to receive it.
              >
              > I conclude this message with a poem that inspired me this morning.
              >
              > "The human in me prays for God's Love.
              > The divine in me prays for God's Victory."
              >
              > Why has this poetry-gem of Sri Chinmoy inspired me, is I believe
              > self-evident. Any commentary would not suffice. So I leave it as it
              > is.
              >
              > Praying for God's Victory,
              >
              > Anita
              >
              > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, rogerfromcardiff
              > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
              > > Dear Dharmaja,
              > >
              > > I love your postings here and whenever I see your name I remember
              > the
              > > first celebrations musical performance I was ever in - April 94
              > was
              > > the time, and the group was.....Dharmaja's International Group!
              > >
              > > As with the first time you see your master, he first time you
              > > complete a marathon, and all those other firsts, the feeling of
              > that
              > > first time you get to sing in a group at celebrations is
              > > unforgettable.
              > >
              > > The outer details are harder to recall; I think we sang Jibaner
              > Majhe
              > > and Sundara Madhumoy, while Fran (who was also in a group for the
              > > first time) thinks we did Phule Phule. I also clearly remember
              > > singing Diye Jai with you one time, but perhaps that was later?
              > Its
              > > all a haze in terms of the detail, but the memory of how it felt,
              > > practising in the park and at sports day, singing in front of
              > > Sri Chinmoy, all that is crystal clear.
              > >
              > > I hope I thanked you at the time for bringing all those people
              > > together from so many different countries in a single
              performance,
              > > but thanks again anyway. Your guitar style is so nice to sing
              > with;
              > > subtle chord backing while at the same time picking out the
              melody
              > > with strong rhythmic accents to help us all keep in time - superb.
              > >
              > > I hope you're still picking that guitar!
              > >
              > > Roger
              > > Cardiff
              > > Wales
              > > UK
            • tatiana_thehague
              Message 6 of 19 , Oct 2, 2004
                Dear Sarah,

                Your posting just warmed my heart. So did your posting the other day
                about the homeopathic compassion miracle!

                Since we are talking about encouragement, here a few lines from the
                book Encouragement by Sri Chinmoy:

                Encouragement
                is the helper
                of enlightenment.

                When we
                encourage others,
                we increase
                our own divine
                qualities.

                Encouragement-givers
                are the choice
                instruments
                of God.

                Through
                encouragement,
                we offer our
                divinity to mankind.

                Encouragement
                is the heart
                in tune
                with God's
                appreciation.

                Each time
                I encourage
                the world,
                God helps me
                to run faster,
                dive deeper
                and fly higher.

                Encouragement
                radiates love,
                concern and
                the feeling of
                oneness.
                ~Sri Chinmoy

                In oneness,

                Tatiana

                --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sarah_inseattle

                Message 7 of 19 , Oct 3, 2004
                  Dear Tatiana,

                  Ah, yes! It is sweetness to get a reply - thank you!

                  What wonderful "encouragement" aphorisms. I cannot recall ever
                  seeing Sri Chinmoy's book on Encouragement. Now I will be on a
                  mission to find it in our centre library and/or the online library.
                  I'm so glad you mentioned it.

                  In oneness,
                  Sarah
                  Seattle

                  Message 8 of 19 , Oct 3, 2004
                    Hello Sumangali and Everyone,

                    For years I wrote short newspaper articles and e-mailed them to my
                    editor in the body of the e-mail (not as attachments - long story).
                    When I used the title of a book or needed to emphasize a word, she
                    advised me to use asterisks, instead of capital letters, underlines,
                    or italics, So, a book title appeared as, *My Life's Soul-
                    Journey*. If I needed to *emphasize* a *word* this is how I would do
                    it.

                    I have noticed my edition of Microsoft Word automatically converts a
                    word such as *this* to a bold "this", so perhaps her advice reflects
                    some kind of standard. (I do not know the mechanics of how my
                    asterisks were converted to italics before they went to press.)

                    In any case, I think asterisks are an aesthetically pleasing
                    alternative and wonder if it would be helpful to use them.

                    In oneness,
                    Sarah
                    Seattle

                    --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sumangali_m
                    <no_reply@y...> wrote:

                    <big snip>

                    > The word "ARE" is in capitals because it's not possible
                    > to underline or italicise anything here. That sad fact has already
                    > got me into a bit of a scrape, so I thought I would explain ahead
                    of
                    > time ;-)

                    <big snip>

                    > With love from
                    > Sumangali
                    > :oD

                    <big snip>
                  • anitabusic
                    Message 9 of 19 , Oct 4, 2004
                      Dear Tatiana, Sarah and Sumangali,

                      Thank you very much for your replies. I especially liked the part
                      where you (Tatiana & Sarah) confessed you wanted to reply but were
                      hesitant and in the last minute chickened out. This just shows how
                      truly human we all still are.

                      It is not easy to confess, one is having a hard time with one's
                      nature, to oneself or especially to someone else. Many people deem
                      it a weakness, I on the contrary, deem it to be a strength. Once one
                      can accept one has a problem, and you clearly understand its
                      underlying context, you are half way through to the solution. Then
                      comes the other half - dynamic, persistent action to bring about the
                      solution.

                      Thank you all for your encouragement. Tatiana, your selection of
                      encouragement-poems is truly beautiful and they sat quite nicely in
                      my heart; thank you. Sarah, I appreciated you sympathetic oneness
                      very much. And Sumangali, the newly discovered author, and may I add
                      poet as well, your poem truly transferred me into your enterprise
                      and I could just feel the hustle and bustle of what you must be
                      dealing with on a daily basis. You have painted a nice picture for
                      all of us.

                      I am grateful, truly grateful for having such kind spiritual
                      brothers and sisters in our spiritual family,

                      Anita

                      <no_reply@y...> wrote:

> [...]
                      > > > thought. It was so simple and powerful, and, as you said,
                      > > > sympathetic and full of oneness. For Anita, I could not have
                      > said
                      > > > it better, and for myself, I also was very comforted by
                      > Dharmaja's
                      > > > words.
                      > > >
                      > > > Anita, it seems there were a great many responses to your post
                      > in
                      > > > the inner worlds, if not at this site!
                      > > >
                      > > > Gratitude to you all,
                      > > > Sarah
                      > > > Seattle
                      > > >
                      > > > P.S. What helped me out of my fear that day was realizing God
                      > > loves
                      > > > me and is taking care of me; I need not worry. For the entire
                      > > day,
                      > > > I made sure that Sri Chinmoy's music was playing softly in the
                      > > > background all the time at home and in the car. It was a

                    • stefanolanzalone
                      Message 10 of 19 , Oct 5, 2004
                        Got!
                        Thanks!
                        Stefano L.

                        <no_reply@y...> wrote:

                        > Hello Sumangali and Everyone,
                        >
                        > For years I wrote short newspaper articles and e-mailed them to my
                        > editor in the body of the e-mail (not as attachments - long
                        story).
                        > When I used the title of a book or needed to emphasize a word, she
                        > advised me to use asterisks, instead of capital letters,
                        underlines,
                        > or italics, So, a book title appeared as, *My Life's Soul-
                        > Journey*. If I needed to *emphasize* a *word* this is how I would
                        do
                        > it.
                        >
                        > I have noticed my edition of Microsoft Word automatically converts
                        > word such as *this* to a bold "this", so perhaps her advice
                        reflects
                        > some kind of standard. (I do not know the mechanics of how my
                        > asterisks were converted to italics before they went to press.)
                        >
                        > In any case, I think asterisks are an aesthetically pleasing
                        > alternative and wonder if it would be helpful to use them.
                        >

                        > In oneness,
                        > Sarah
                        > Seattle
                        >
                        > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sumangali_m
                        > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                        >
                        > <big snip>
                        >
                        > > The word "ARE" is in capitals because it's not possible
                        > > to underline or italicise anything here. That sad fact has
                        already
                        > > got me into a bit of a scrape, so I thought I would explain
                        ahead
                        > of
                        > > time ;-)
                        >
                        > <big snip>
                        >
                        > > With love from
                        > > Sumangali
                        > > :oD
                        > >

                        > <big snip>
                      • assistantmummer
                        Message 11 of 19 , Oct 22, 2007
                          Great poem, Utpal! Please keep them coming, if you are inspired.

                          Doris, Suchana, and Abhinabha: You know I love poetry, so you know how
                          happy I am to see you writing so beautifully, even under such sad
                          circumstances.

                          I am thrilled to see (and hear) a post from Priyadarshan! Many people
                          agree that since Sri Chinmoy has been freed from the cage of the
                          physical, he can work more powerfully and effectively.

                          Thank you so much to everyone else who is posting: Kamalakanta, Arpan,
                          Sumangali, Mahiruha, Sharada, Sharani, Sarah, Tejvan, Abhijit,
                          Melinda, Shane, Johnji, and Smarana. (Please forgive me if I've left
                          anyone out.)

                          I don't want to clog the bandwidth by writing twenty thank-you notes,
                          but I've read every posting and I love all the poetry and tributes. I
                          also love the posts that just say "I'm here!"

                          Some of us are writers by habit (or you can say "addiction"). We try
                          and put on a little show with language. But you don't have to be like
                          that to post. If you're still struggling with feelings you can't put
                          into words, and you'd like to feel connected to our informal
                          poetry/tribute/grieving circle, just "ring the bell" to say hi.

                          I'm especially touched when I feel in my heart that someone who was
                          struggling to find the words succeeded. That's happening a lot now. I
                          really feel for people who lead quiet, humble, unassuming lives, and
                          for whom Sri Chinmoy was everything, everything, everything! I feel in
                          my heart that some people are experiencing a sense of loss that no
                          words can touch. But maybe you'd like to let us know you're reading.
                          If so, just sign in and "ring the bell."

                          Kamalakanta, please keep teaching me about gratitude so one day I
                          understand it! If it's too hard to put together a real orchestra,
                          maybe you can work with Sukhdev, who has such a great collection of
                          orchestral samples.

                          Arpan, your story was so moving. Sri Chinmoy was always trying to
                          bring more heart to the running, weightlifting, and bodybuilding
                          communities. You are the embodiment of that heart, and your running
                          mates know it.

                          The time of Sri Chinmoy's Mahasamadhi is a very intense time when many
                          people are demonstrating through their work, their prayer, their
                          gratitude, and their words how much they love him. It may take another
                          year to assimilate all the tributes that have been composed in his
                          honour in just one week - by you, the children of his Heart-Boat.
                          Thank you.

                          Michael
                        • abhinabha
                          Message 12 of 19 , Oct 23, 2007
                            Dear Michael,

                            Look at Sri Chinmoy's influence beyond the grave: he is bringing all
                            us inspiration-group 'veterans' together again! I've been away from
                            this forum far too long. It feels good to be back. And it is truly a
                            joy to have you in our midst again.
                            I am really sorry to have missed you at Aspiration-Ground - I had no
                            idea you were there. Hopefully there will be another time...

                            Alo Devi's words the day after the funeral ceremony really ring true
                            to me. "You have to start your new life", she said. And it feels just
                            like that - a totally new life. It's not just a new chapter, it's a
                            whole different book altogether.

                            We all thought Sri Chinmoy was going to stay with us at least for
                            another ten years, so the shock of his departure is natural. Yet I
                            also feel exactly like Priyadarshan, Vasanti, Purnakama, Kedar, Sopan
                            and Prachar - he is more alive than ever. This is also what I wrote in
                            the little message book outside Aspiration-Ground. "Stronger than
                            ever, more alive than ever."

                            What touched me very deeply during the week of vigil in New York is
                            the family feeling that we all have. Sri Chinmoy has kind of glued us
                            together with his spiritual glue. And now that he has gone, we see
                            that we are still being kept together. Maybe even stronger than ever.
                            The glue is strong, because it is made of love. It holds throughout
                            eternity. (just don't pour any boiling water over it)

                            Our time here on earth is so limited, although sometimes it seems like
                            a long road. But as Sri Chinmoy himself always said, life is actually
                            really short. Let us make the best of the years ahead of us, keeping
                            together as the loving, spiritual family we are and making our own
                            unique contributions to the world.

                            Best wishes and much love,

                            --Abhinabha

                            --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, assistantmummer

                            Message 13 of 19 , Oct 23, 2007
                              Dear Assitant Mummer, how can I teach you about gratitude, when I
                              myself have yet to blossom fully?

                              May I someday develop the necessary gratitude to make satisfactory
                              progress....

                              Kamalakanta

                              <no_reply@...> wrote:

                              > Great poem, Utpal! Please keep them coming, if you are inspired.
                              >
                              > Doris, Suchana, and Abhinabha: You know I love poetry, so you know how
                              > happy I am to see you writing so beautifully, even under such sad
                              > circumstances.
                              >
                              > I am thrilled to see (and hear) a post from Priyadarshan! Many people
                              > agree that since Sri Chinmoy has been freed from the cage of the
                              > physical, he can work more powerfully and effectively.
                              >
                              > Thank you so much to everyone else who is posting: Kamalakanta, Arpan,
                              > Sumangali, Mahiruha, Sharada, Sharani, Sarah, Tejvan, Abhijit,
                              > Melinda, Shane, Johnji, and Smarana. (Please forgive me if I've left
                              > anyone out.)
                              >
                              > I don't want to clog the bandwidth by writing twenty thank-you notes,
                              > but I've read every posting and I love all the poetry and tributes. I
                              > also love the posts that just say "I'm here!"
                              >
                              > Some of us are writers by habit (or you can say "addiction"). We try
                              > and put on a little show with language. But you don't have to be like
                              > that to post. If you're still struggling with feelings you can't put
                              > into words, and you'd like to feel connected to our informal
                              > poetry/tribute/grieving circle, just "ring the bell" to say hi.
                              >
                              > I'm especially touched when I feel in my heart that someone who was
                              > struggling to find the words succeeded. That's happening a lot now. I
                              > really feel for people who lead quiet, humble, unassuming lives, and
                              > for whom Sri Chinmoy was everything, everything, everything! I feel in
                              > my heart that some people are experiencing a sense of loss that no
                              > words can touch. But maybe you'd like to let us know you're reading.
                              > If so, just sign in and "ring the bell."
                              >
                              > Kamalakanta, please keep teaching me about gratitude so one day I
                              > understand it! If it's too hard to put together a real orchestra,
                              > maybe you can work with Sukhdev, who has such a great collection of
                              > orchestral samples.
                              >
                              > Arpan, your story was so moving. Sri Chinmoy was always trying to
                              > bring more heart to the running, weightlifting, and bodybuilding
                              > communities. You are the embodiment of that heart, and your running
                              > mates know it.
                              >
                              > The time of Sri Chinmoy's Mahasamadhi is a very intense time when many
                              > people are demonstrating through their work, their prayer, their
                              > gratitude, and their words how much they love him. It may take another
                              > year to assimilate all the tributes that have been composed in his
                              > honour in just one week - by you, the children of his Heart-Boat.
                              > Thank you.
                              >
                              > Michael

                            • kedarvideo
                              Message 14 of 19 , Oct 23, 2007
                                "An eternal traveller, indeed, this is my earhtly name. An immortal observer,
                                indeed this is my heavenly name.

                                To travel all over the world is to be aware of the universal frailties and foibles of
                                human nature and at the same time, to get tremendous opportunity to become
                                more patient, more understanding and more forgiving."

                                Extract from Sri Chinmoy's "Silver Thought-Waves" This is what gives me
                                strenght. I also ring the bell ...

                                Nirmala

                                no_reply@...> wrote:

                                > Great poem, Utpal! Please keep them coming, if you are inspired.
                                >
                                > Doris, Suchana, and Abhinabha: You know I love poetry, so you know how
                                > happy I am to see you writing so beautifully, even under such sad
                                > circumstances.
                                >
                                > I am thrilled to see (and hear) a post from Priyadarshan! Many people
                                > agree that since Sri Chinmoy has been freed from the cage of the
                                > physical, he can work more powerfully and effectively.
                                >
                                > Thank you so much to everyone else who is posting: Kamalakanta, Arpan,
                                > Sumangali, Mahiruha, Sharada, Sharani, Sarah, Tejvan, Abhijit,
                                > Melinda, Shane, Johnji, and Smarana. (Please forgive me if I've left
                                > anyone out.)
                                >
                                > I don't want to clog the bandwidth by writing twenty thank-you notes,
                                > but I've read every posting and I love all the poetry and tributes. I
                                > also love the posts that just say "I'm here!"
                                >
                                > Some of us are writers by habit (or you can say "addiction"). We try
                                > and put on a little show with language. But you don't have to be like
                                > that to post. If you're still struggling with feelings you can't put
                                > into words, and you'd like to feel connected to our informal
                                > poetry/tribute/grieving circle, just "ring the bell" to say hi.
                                >
                                > I'm especially touched when I feel in my heart that someone who was
                                > struggling to find the words succeeded. That's happening a lot now. I
                                > really feel for people who lead quiet, humble, unassuming lives, and
                                > for whom Sri Chinmoy was everything, everything, everything! I feel in
                                > my heart that some people are experiencing a sense of loss that no
                                > words can touch. But maybe you'd like to let us know you're reading.
                                > If so, just sign in and "ring the bell."
                                >
                                > Kamalakanta, please keep teaching me about gratitude so one day I
                                > understand it! If it's too hard to put together a real orchestra,
                                > maybe you can work with Sukhdev, who has such a great collection of
                                > orchestral samples.
                                >
                                > Arpan, your story was so moving. Sri Chinmoy was always trying to
                                > bring more heart to the running, weightlifting, and bodybuilding
                                > communities. You are the embodiment of that heart, and your running
                                > mates know it.
                                >
                                > The time of Sri Chinmoy's Mahasamadhi is a very intense time when many
                                > people are demonstrating through their work, their prayer, their
                                > gratitude, and their words how much they love him. It may take another
                                > year to assimilate all the tributes that have been composed in his
                                > honour in just one week - by you, the children of his Heart-Boat.
                                > Thank you.
                                >
                                > Michael

                              • arpan_deangelo
                                Message 15 of 19 , Oct 23, 2007
                                  Dear Michael,
                                  Thank you for your kind words. Until recently I have not posted in a
                                  while for various reasons. But your encouragement has now inspired me
                                  to contribute once more.
                                  Sri Chinmoy has taught us many great lessons and even now is teaching
                                  us one of the most difficult to understand and grasp, that is if we
                                  are using only the mind or body to understand it.

                                  But death, however scary it may seem, goes beyond both mind and body.
                                  When it had to be accepted, however difficult, Guru did so like a true
                                  hero. I am sure that in his passing to the Highest worlds his heroism,
                                  so aptly demonstrated in his life and in his death, is now being
                                  celebrated most joyously by all the souls that have been waiting
                                  patiently for his return there.
                                  This past week which started out quite sombre as we attempted to
                                  accept and understand his physical death gradually became one of true
                                  celebration of his life and light. We still have all of that in his
                                  works and his consciousness which is enough for many generations to come.

                                  I saw you in the driveway just before you went into Aspiration-Ground
                                  but did not have time to say hello as you were somewhat occupied. I
                                  also missed you on your way out but was glad to see you for a brief
                                  moment. I think we must have met many years ago when you were around.
                                  But meeting you in this virtual world is also quite thrilling as you
                                  offer so much enthusiasm and creative devotion to this forum.

                                  I hope this infusion of energy and comforting light which Sri Chinmoy
                                  has been pouring down on all of us can endure and manifest in the
                                  midst of all our responsibilities and activities in such a complex and
                                  needy world. You have helped us to feel and appreciate this in all
                                  your inimitable creative and supportive words.
                                  Gratefully,
                                  Arpan

                                  <no_reply@...> wrote:

                                  > Great poem, Utpal! Please keep them coming, if you are inspired.
                                  >
                                  > Doris, Suchana, and Abhinabha: You know I love poetry, so you know how
                                  > happy I am to see you writing so beautifully, even under such sad
                                  > circumstances.
                                  >
                                  > I am thrilled to see (and hear) a post from Priyadarshan! Many people
                                  > agree that since Sri Chinmoy has been freed from the cage of the
                                  > physical, he can work more powerfully and effectively.
                                  >
                                  > Thank you so much to everyone else who is posting: Kamalakanta, Arpan,
                                  > Sumangali, Mahiruha, Sharada, Sharani, Sarah, Tejvan, Abhijit,
                                  > Melinda, Shane, Johnji, and Smarana. (Please forgive me if I've left
                                  > anyone out.)
                                  >
                                  > I don't want to clog the bandwidth by writing twenty thank-you notes,
                                  > but I've read every posting and I love all the poetry and tributes. I
                                  > also love the posts that just say "I'm here!"
                                  >
                                  > Some of us are writers by habit (or you can say "addiction"). We try
                                  > and put on a little show with language. But you don't have to be like
                                  > that to post. If you're still struggling with feelings you can't put
                                  > into words, and you'd like to feel connected to our informal
                                  > poetry/tribute/grieving circle, just "ring the bell" to say hi.
                                  >
                                  > I'm especially touched when I feel in my heart that someone who was
                                  > struggling to find the words succeeded. That's happening a lot now. I
                                  > really feel for people who lead quiet, humble, unassuming lives, and
                                  > for whom Sri Chinmoy was everything, everything, everything! I feel in
                                  > my heart that some people are experiencing a sense of loss that no
                                  > words can touch. But maybe you'd like to let us know you're reading.
                                  > If so, just sign in and "ring the bell."
                                  >
                                  > Kamalakanta, please keep teaching me about gratitude so one day I
                                  > understand it! If it's too hard to put together a real orchestra,
                                  > maybe you can work with Sukhdev, who has such a great collection of
                                  > orchestral samples.
                                  >
                                  > Arpan, your story was so moving. Sri Chinmoy was always trying to
                                  > bring more heart to the running, weightlifting, and bodybuilding
                                  > communities. You are the embodiment of that heart, and your running
                                  > mates know it.
                                  >
                                  > The time of Sri Chinmoy's Mahasamadhi is a very intense time when many
                                  > people are demonstrating through their work, their prayer, their
                                  > gratitude, and their words how much they love him. It may take another
                                  > year to assimilate all the tributes that have been composed in his
                                  > honour in just one week - by you, the children of his Heart-Boat.
                                  > Thank you.
                                  >
                                  > Michael

                                • purnakama2000
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Oct 24, 2007
                                    Abhinaba, I feel oneness with you as I too have been away for far
                                    too long, and I am just now realising how much I missed everybody
                                    here.

                                    It's true. I feel a collective coming together and supporting of
                                    each other that I think we must all foster (definitely no boiling
                                    water).
                                    I remember being in NY and finding out that my part of the Christmas
                                    trip was cancelled, and I could not reschedule because of my work.
                                    Already feeling bereft and broken, the idea of no Christmas trip
                                    felt truly final. Guru was really gone. No more early morning riding
                                    meditations in hotel lobbies, no more coming back from adventures to
                                    find Guru in the function room telling stories of His childhood, or
                                    His ashram days.

                                    --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, abhinabha
                                    <no_reply@...> wrote:

> [...]
                                    > > maybe you can work with Sukhdev, who has such a great collection
                                    of
                                    > > orchestral samples.
                                    > >
                                    > > Arpan, your story was so moving. Sri Chinmoy was always trying to
                                    > > bring more heart to the running, weightlifting, and bodybuilding
                                    > > communities. You are the embodiment of that heart, and your
                                    running
                                    > > mates know it.
                                    > >
                                    > > The time of Sri Chinmoy's Mahasamadhi is a very intense time
                                    when many
                                    > > people are demonstrating through their work, their prayer, their
                                    > > gratitude, and their words how much they love him. It may take
                                    another
                                    > > year to assimilate all the tributes that have been composed in
                                    his
                                    > > honour in just one week - by you, the children of his Heart-Boat.

                                  • purnakama2000
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Oct 24, 2007
                                      Abhinaba, I feel oneness with you as I too have been away from this
                                      forum for far too long and have forgotten how much I missed
                                      everybody.
                                      And I'm so happy to see the return of our assistantmummer with his
                                      heartfelt writing and encouragement.

                                      I also agree that there has been a collective bonding that has been
                                      so powerful and helpful for us all. I know that I have friends all
                                      over the world that I can call on for support.

                                      I wanted to share with everybody from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna
                                      about after Sri Ramakrishna's passing.It feels very familiar.

                                      "Sri Ramakrishna passed away on Sunday, August 15th, 1886, plunging
                                      his devotees and disciples into a sea of grief. They were like men
                                      in a shipwreck. But a bond of strong love held them together, and
                                      they found assurance and courage in each other's company. They could
                                      not enjoy the friendship of worldly people and would talk only of
                                      their Master.
                                      ' Shall we behold him again?'
                                      This was the one theme of their thought and the one dream of their
                                      sleep. Alone they wept for him;walking in the streets of Calcutta,
                                      they were engrossed in the thought of him.
                                      The Master had once said to M.,"It becomes difficult for me to give
                                      up the body, when I realise that after my death you will wander
                                      about weeping for me."
                                      Time and again Sri Ramakrishna had told them that God reveals
                                      Himself to His devotees if they yearn for Him and call on Him with
                                      whole-souled devotion. He assured them that God listens to the
                                      prayer of a sincere heart."

                                      Purnakama