OT - Re: Harry Potter

  • maria_latinova
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2004
      When this book came out in Bulgaria, I picked it up one evening
      and started reading. I couldn't stop or move my eyes from the page
      except for the times I had to go to the kitchen to get an energy
      boost! This went on all night.

      At dawn I turned the last page, overwhelmed with the magic. If
      the story had finished here, everything would have been allright. But
      when I fell asleep I had the most vivid dream with nuances of a
      nightmare.
      So I don't want to read Harry Potter anymore, it's too
      dangerous for me!
      There is another reason for me not to read books about magic
      anymore. Here in England you can meet witches and wizards at every
      corner, spreading magic around them. You have to be very conscious,
      alert and skilled not to be spellbound...

      Yours in magic and aspiration Maria

      [Maria, I guess this is a reply to the thread that began with
      message #7978. Could you please reply in thread and quote the
      Message" at the bottom of message #7919. Thank you. -Assistant
      Moderator]
    • rathin_31
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2004
        I'd just like to add, for no particular reason, that Harry Potter
        audio books were very popular in the 3100 Mile Race this year. I
        managed to get through The Prisoner of Azkhaban and the Order of the
        Phoenix. The latter book is over 22 hours long in audio format, but
        there's plenty of time for listening in the 3100 Mile Race!
        Ashprihanal became a fan as he was cranking out his last 500 miles to
        victory. And Tusheet, I believe, listened to no less than four books,
        in the space of a week! But, let me just say, Harry Potter fans, the
        terror and dread inspired by Dementors is nothing compared to the
        challenges one faces in the 3100..... :-)

        Rathin

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, maria_latinova