Running under the rain

  • scrdfire
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 30, 2004
      This morning it was all the time raining in Kiev. Nevertheless, I was
      inspired to put my running shoes on, take cap (the main thing that
      make you feel comfortable while running under water drops) and direct
      my steps towards Goloseevsky forest, that is very near from my home.
      Actually, I'm running there from my childhood. During the rain time I
      have special course on asphalt road – there is a place adjacent to
      the forest that is known as Expocenter in Kiev. Very beautiful
      nature, no people at the morning. Exactly at that place we had first
      12h run on 18 September.
      Although my current pace is quite slow after 3100 race and I got
      additional blessing-water from above I had very joyful feeling: you
      are beyond rain and nasty weather. Actually, I was enjoying wet
      grass, trees, puddles, grey sky like anything. This is so easy: just
      put your running shoes on… and be beyond everything.
      During my jogging so many inspiring thoughts came as good friends to
      me: to inspire more my family, to be more disciplined in life… and
      even to write to Inspiration group. I know this secret from my school
      time: if you have problems and know not what and how to do, just go
      running… the answers will come.

      Have a happy day,

      Oleg, Kiev-Ukraine
    • vlad_volgograd
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2004
        Hi Oleg!
        Your message is most inspiring. I remembered right away my first
        half a marathon. It was in France a few years ago. After long
        preparation I decided to try. The weather was fine. I was surrounded
        with beautiful nature of small village in the recess of France: cows,
        fields and infrequent dogs:)
        I was full of joy and enthusiasm but in half hour and about 5 km the
        heaviest shower was began. I wetted to the skin at once and after
        short hesitation I decided to run forward and to thank Supreme for
        this powerful purification. In response I received an endless stream
        of Joy, Peace and Gratitude.
        When I almost dry out the rain began again for the second and,
        later, third time.
        It was most joyful experience.
        When I finished, I looked at my watch and was strongly astonished.
        The time was 2:22:22
        From that time I have a special experience when I running at the
        raining weather (remember Skopje 18km)

        Good luck!
        vlad, Volgograd-Russia

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, scrdfire
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > This morning it was all the time raining in Kiev. Nevertheless, I
        was
        > inspired to put my running shoes on, take cap (the main thing that
        > make you feel comfortable while running under water drops) and
        direct
        > my steps towards Goloseevsky forest, that is very near from my
        home.
        > Actually, I'm running there from my childhood. During the rain
        time I
        > have special course on asphalt road – there is a place adjacent to
        > the forest that is known as Expocenter in Kiev. Very beautiful
        > nature, no people at the morning. Exactly at that place we had
        first
        > 12h run on 18 September.
        > Although my current pace is quite slow after 3100 race and I got
        > additional blessing-water from above I had very joyful feeling:
        you
        > are beyond rain and nasty weather. Actually, I was enjoying wet
        > grass, trees, puddles, grey sky like anything. This is so easy:
        just
        > put your running shoes on… and be beyond everything.
        > During my jogging so many inspiring thoughts came as good friends
        > me: to inspire more my family, to be more disciplined in life… and
        > even to write to Inspiration group. I know this secret from my
        school
        > time: if you have problems and know not what and how to do, just
        go
        > running… the answers will come.
        >
        > Have a happy day,
        >
        > Oleg, Kiev-Ukraine
      • igor1406
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 1, 2004
          Hi Oleg and thanks for your message which inspires me to run.

          Being involved in swimming all my life, running always made me
          suffer. Running was too difficult for me, even when I was in my best
          swimming shape.

          When I visited meditation classes, I decided to start running. My
          first running session was about 2k, and I felt exhausted. However,
          with practice my running improved.

          As our path is the path of inner and outer progress and self-
          transcendence, I took part in a lot of running competitions. I
          completed a number of half-marathons, and finished a full marathon
          this past August. I've gotten the inspiration to run more than
          before.

          It seems that during the competition we get some blessings from the
          inner world to go beyond our capacity, as well as getting outer
          inspiration from other runners. Probably, we are most receptive when
          we run together.

          <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > This morning it was all the time raining in Kiev. Nevertheless, I
          was
          > inspired to put my running shoes on, take cap (the main thing that
          > make you feel comfortable while running under water drops) and
          direct
          > my steps towards Goloseevsky forest, that is very near from my
          home.
          > Actually, I'm running there from my childhood. During the rain
          time I
          > have special course on asphalt road – there is a place adjacent to
          > the forest that is known as Expocenter in Kiev. Very beautiful
          > nature, no people at the morning. Exactly at that place we had
          first
          > 12h run on 18 September.
          > Although my current pace is quite slow after 3100 race and I got
          > additional blessing-water from above I had very joyful feeling:
          you
          > are beyond rain and nasty weather. Actually, I was enjoying wet
          > grass, trees, puddles, grey sky like anything. This is so easy:
          just
          > put your running shoes on… and be beyond everything.
          > During my jogging so many inspiring thoughts came as good friends
          > me: to inspire more my family, to be more disciplined in life… and
          > even to write to Inspiration group. I know this secret from my
          school
          > time: if you have problems and know not what and how to do, just
          go
          > running… the answers will come.
          >
          > Have a happy day,
          >
          > Oleg, Kiev-Ukraine
        • stefanolanzalone
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 12, 2004
            Your message is very inspiring and I thank you deeply and sincerely.
            I read it a few weeks ago… and now I will add something about that
            little line on inspiring your family…
            I want just to say that it does not matter if my parents will
            consciously receive a little glimpse of spiritual inspiration from my
            open or secret attempts, but I will continue to try to inspire them
            as well and often as possible.
            Many times I feel that my mother just refuses any kind of
            inspiration… and sometimes I am a bit "frustrated" and I say to
            myself: "I am losing my energy and time, I am giving up…", but I can
            easily see the *difference*: if for some weeks we do not meditate
            together a few times, if we do not put fresh flowers and burn incense
            in the house and if we do not try to sincerely smile and speak
            soulfully as often as possible, the consciousness of the house, I
            safely say, descends. So inspiration and aspiration –once again-
            can't but work, in a way or another.
            I also have time to time to "remember" and a little bit "force" me to
            inspire and be inspired by my parents and to share –consciously or
            unconsciously- inner good-will and light, and when I do it I do the
            right way, I grow and I am happy and they grow and are happy.

            Stefano L.
            Rome

            <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > This morning it was all the time raining in Kiev. Nevertheless, I
            was
            > inspired to put my running shoes on, take cap (the main thing that
            > make you feel comfortable while running under water drops) and
            direct
            > my steps towards Goloseevsky forest, that is very near from my
            home.
            > Actually, I'm running there from my childhood. During the rain time
            > have special course on asphalt road – there is a place adjacent to
            > the forest that is known as Expocenter in Kiev. Very beautiful
            > nature, no people at the morning. Exactly at that place we had
            first
            > 12h run on 18 September.
            > Although my current pace is quite slow after 3100 race and I got
            > additional blessing-water from above I had very joyful feeling: you
            > are beyond rain and nasty weather. Actually, I was enjoying wet
            > grass, trees, puddles, grey sky like anything. This is so easy:
            just
            > put your running shoes on… and be beyond everything.
            > During my jogging so many inspiring thoughts came as good friends
            > me: to inspire more my family, to be more disciplined in life… and
            > even to write to Inspiration group. I know this secret from my
            school
            > time: if you have problems and know not what and how to do, just go
            > running… the answers will come.
            >
            > Have a happy day,
            >
            > Oleg, Kiev-Ukraine
          • vidyutonnati
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 13, 2004
              Hi Stefano

              You are so right to have a "never give up" attitude, because as Sri
              Chinmoy says, he does not only accept the student but also his or
              her dear ones. For me the best example is my own parents. When I
              began my studies with Sri Chinmoy, they never were negative but just
              accepted it - although they did not fully understand it. From time
              to time they were a little critical or had the opinion that I
              visited New York too often, but they never made a big deal of it.
              After some years they sometimes came to a lecture or a concert by
              students of Sri Chinmoy; and they somehow sensed that it was
              definitely something good which their son was doing.

              It was my great desire to bring them to one of Sri Chinmoy's
              concerts one day, to see the master personally. When I tried 2 years
              ago, when Sri Chinmoy was in Munich and Zurich, I desperately failed
              - because for them to drive a few hours to see a Yogi was absolutely
              too much. When I released my CD this year, they liked it soo much
              that they really started distributing it among their friends and
              relatives, although it had my spiritual name on it (which would have
              created a problem years ago). I just gave them a small article about
              the meaning of a spiritual name, and the benefits that come from
              receiving it.

              My next inspiration was to invite them to another concert Sri
              Chinmoy gave - this time in Austria, and what a surprise: there was
              no resistance, they just agreed! On their drive from city to city
              (300 km) they even had to turn around after half an hour because
              they had forgotten their documents. So it took them four and a half
              hours to arrive at exactly the time when the concert started. They
              had great seats in the very first row in front of the stage. After
              the concert they were really happy, very impressed by the master's
              appearance.

              So you see, things always change, no matter how much time it takes.
              Just the constant contact with a spiritual person moves one obstacle
              after the other, even if we are not immediately aware or it.

              Keep inspiring,
              Vidyutonnati

              --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, stefanolanzalone