New Inspiration

  • agrahaj <agraha@bontempi.net>
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 14, 2002
      Taupo is extremely, extremely beautiful. I have just finished my
      morning meditation and am feeling very grateful to be here with Sri
      Chinmoy and so many aspiring friends from all over the world.

      Sri Chinmoy is soon to complete lifting 100 cows and, of course, he
      has already completed lifting 1000 lambs.

      After lifting the lambs, he said, "The Saviour Christ had a very
      special affection, love and fondness for the lambs...As soon as we
      say lamb, all our divine qualities come forward: innocence,
      softness, tenderness and mildness. Lambs invoke all our own good
      qualities."

      Sri Chinmoy explained that he is lifting cows because, "Cows not
      only give us milk, but make sacrifices right from the dawn of their
      lives." Cows are also the most sacred animal to all Hindus and Sri
      Chinmoy refers to the sacred cow in his song for the cows.

      When Sri Chinmoy lifts, he reveals new worlds of possibility and
      potentiality that are accessible only through our prayers and
      meditations. He also brings forward the oneness of all faiths by
      honouring the animals sacred to different faiths.

      One of Sri Chinmoy's sayings on interfaith harmony I treasure very
      much: "Spirituality is not merely tolerance...Our spiritual life
      firmly and securely establishes the basis of unity in diversity.
      Spirituality is not hospitality to the others' faith in God. It is
      the absolute recognition of the others' faith in God as one's own."

      Fostering loving oneness between the human and the animal kingdom,
      between all the faiths and, indeed, between all of God's creation is
      to me one of Sri Chinmoy's precious contributions through his
      Lifting Up the World With a Oneness-Heart programme.

      Thank you again for this wonderful forum for INSPIRATION!

      Agraha
    • karen_met
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 1, 2003
        Hello everyone!

        It has been such a long time since i have posted anything on this site that I
        totally forgot my sign in details. Half an hour later i'm all set to go with only 10
        minutes to spare before going to work.......

        I have been buisy with new inspirations lately, focussing strongly on music. I
        would never have dreamt that this would be a major focus in my life having
        spent years at school miming songs and been told good singing by the
        teachers!

        A few months ago I got the inspiration to start playing the flute, and it has
        made me realise how all those amazing musicians out there are even more
        incredible than I could ever imagine. I am practice for half an hour a day, and
        cannot tell you how much joy it gives me.

        Newness gives us so much joy, if only we dare to take up the challange

        Grattitude,

        Karen
      • bhuvah_nz
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 2, 2003
          Good going Karen! We are offering a concert this Saturday night - why
          don't you pop across the Tasman with your flute and join us!

          Bhuvah

          --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, karen_met
          <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > Hello everyone!
          >
          > It has been such a long time since i have posted anything on this
          site that I
          > totally forgot my sign in details. Half an hour later i'm all set
          to go with only 10
          > minutes to spare before going to work.......
          >
          > I have been busy with new inspirations lately, focusing strongly on
          music. I
          > would never have dreamt that this would be a major focus in my life
          having
          > spent years at school miming songs and been told good singing by the
          > teachers!
          >
          > A few months ago I got the inspiration to start playing the flute,
          and it has
          > made me realise how all those amazing musicians out there are even more
          > incredible than I could ever imagine. I am practice for half an
          hour a day, and
          > cannot tell you how much joy it gives me.
          >
          > Newness gives us so much joy, if only we dare to take up the challange
          >
          > Grattitude,
          >
          > Karen
        • bhuvah_nz
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 3, 2003
            To back up my invitation...

            Question: There is a feeling at the moment that Australia and New
            Zealand should become one country. How do you feel about this?

            ...the souls of Australia and New Zealand have already established
            their oneness. Even if they do not come together outwardly, their
            souls' oneness will always be there. The souls are always trying to do
            the right thing and see the right thing in everybody and everything.
            Inwardly the souls inspire each other and then the results you see on
            the outer plane.

            Again, the seekers can increase the oneness between these two
            countries. If people who are great in one country-for example, if they
            are great singers or runners-can go to the other country and run or
            sing, it will definitely help, specially if they have some
            spirituality behind them. They do not have to speak about the glory of
            their own country. If they are spiritual, then their very presence
            will help to unite the two countries.

            In this way, if some Australian runners or singers-anybody who is
            great in Australia who is also a seeker-comes to New Zealand, it will
            help tremendously and vice versa. Outwardly they will go to the other
            country as a runner or singer, but inwardly they are uniting not only
            New Zealand and Australia, but the whole world.

            ~Sri Chinmoy

            --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, bhuvah_nz
            <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > Good going Karen! We are offering a concert this Saturday night - why
            > don't you pop across the Tasman with your flute and join us!
            >
            > Bhuvah
            >
            > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, karen_met
            > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > > Hello everyone!
            > >
            > > It has been such a long time since i have posted anything on this
            > site that I
            > > totally forgot my sign in details. Half an hour later i'm all set
            > to go with only 10
            > > minutes to spare before going to work.......
            > >
            > > I have been busy with new inspirations lately, focusing strongly on
            > music. I
            > > would never have dreamt that this would be a major focus in my life
            > having
            > > spent years at school miming songs and been told good singing by the
            > > teachers!
            > >
            > > A few months ago I got the inspiration to start playing the flute,
            > and it has
            > > made me realise how all those amazing musicians out there are even
            more
            > > incredible than I could ever imagine. I am practice for half an
            > hour a day, and
            > > cannot tell you how much joy it gives me.
            > >
            > > Newness gives us so much joy, if only we dare to take up the challange
            > >
            > > Gratitude,
            > >
            > > Karen
          • karen_met
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 8, 2003
              Thanks for the invitation Bhuvah, but I only just got it!
              I was away for the weekend down the coast with Melinda and we spent three
              blissfull days walking, eating and meditating on the Aussie countryside and
              coast. Next time give me a little more warning and I'll be there!

              Karen

              no_reply@y...> wrote:
              > To back up my invitation...
              >
              > Question: There is a feeling at the moment that Australia and New
              > Zealand should become one country. How do you feel about this?
              >
              > ...the souls of Australia and New Zealand have already established
              > their oneness. Even if they do not come together outwardly, their
              > souls' oneness will always be there. The souls are always trying to do
              > the right thing and see the right thing in everybody and everything.
              > Inwardly the souls inspire each other and then the results you see on
              > the outer plane.
              >
              > Again, the seekers can increase the oneness between these two
              > countries. If people who are great in one country-for example, if they
              > are great singers or runners-can go to the other country and run or
              > sing, it will definitely help, specially if they have some
              > spirituality behind them. They do not have to speak about the glory of
              > their own country. If they are spiritual, then their very presence
              > will help to unite the two countries.
              >
              > In this way, if some Australian runners or singers-anybody who is
              > great in Australia who is also a seeker-comes to New Zealand, it will
              > help tremendously and vice versa. Outwardly they will go to the other
              > country as a runner or singer, but inwardly they are uniting not only
              > New Zealand and Australia, but the whole world.
              >
              > ~Sri Chinmoy
              >
              > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, bhuvah_nz
              > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
              > > Good going Karen! We are offering a concert this Saturday night - why
              > > don't you pop across the Tasman with your flute and join us!
              > >
              > > Bhuvah
              > >
              > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, karen_met
              > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
              > > > Hello everyone!
              > > >
              > > > It has been such a long time since i have posted anything on this
              > > site that I
              > > > totally forgot my sign in details. Half an hour later i'm all set
              > > to go with only 10
              > > > minutes to spare before going to work.......
              > > >
              > > > I have been busy with new inspirations lately, focusing strongly on
              > > music. I
              > > > would never have dreamt that this would be a major focus in my life
              > > having
              > > > spent years at school miming songs and been told good singing by the
              > > > teachers!
              > > >
              > > > A few months ago I got the inspiration to start playing the flute,
              > > and it has
              > > > made me realise how all those amazing musicians out there are even
              > more
              > > > incredible than I could ever imagine. I am practice for half an
              > > hour a day, and
              > > > cannot tell you how much joy it gives me.
              > > >
              > > > Newness gives us so much joy, if only we dare to take up the challange
              > > >
              > > > Gratitude,
              > > >
              > > > Karen
            • abadnego2000
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 1, 2004
                [unofficial version]

                God deeply appreciates
                My heart's eagerness
                and my minds enthusiasm.

                -Sri Chinmoy

                Words to live by.

                David
                Montreal
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 5 2:36 AM
                  Hi, everyone! Looking for "new inspiration", I found this!:

                  Mutual Inspiration

                  "Old seekers and new seekers
                  Have much to offer one another.
                  The old ones should encourage the new ones
                  At every moment.
                  Indeed, they must make sacrifice after sacrifice
                  For their younger brothers and sisters.
                  The freshness and eagerness
                  Of the new ones
                  Will give the old ones
                  Boundless joy and enthusiasm.
                  It is mutual inspiration
                  Founded upon true family-oneness."

                  Sri Chinmoy, Ten Thousand Flower-Flames, Part 64, Agni Press, 1983.
                  http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0535/6

                  with gratitude,

                  Kamalakanta
                • arpan_deangelo
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 30, 2014

                    I am so glad to have some time to come back to this site and regain some of the inspiration to read some posts here and try to contribute once more as I used to for many years in the past.

                    Some people have been contributing on a regular basis while many others just read and derive great inspiration and benefit from that even though they may not want to contribute a post themselves.

                    One must be able to take the time to focus on this aspect of manifestation in a virtual way but many people can not get past just the joy of reading what others spend time and effort sharing in print.

                    We are so grateful to those like Mahiruha, Doris and many other regular contributors who keep on inspiring us with their posts, musings and news.

                    I am just starting to get back my focus in coming to this site and now would like to contribute some inspiration myself. Instead of getting to wordy right now I want to offer some links to some sites of recent events that are quite inspiring. I saw some of the links of the redent athletic achievements of some disciples  which inspired me to send a few links to a few more recent events.

                    Here are some inspiring photos by Prabahakar from the recent ultramarathon races in Ottawa, Canada last weekend. This race was the 34 th annual 24 hour race held by the Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team in Ottawa, the longest running regular annual 24 hour race in the world. The 12 and 6 hour races were added recently, in the past 6 years or so. There were 10 disciples of Sri Chinmoy running in the events, the most ever in these races in Ottawa, with 63 runners in all. For actual results of the race please go to http://ca.srichinmoyraces.org/results

                    6, 12 and 24 Hour Race - Ottawa - pjtstreet

                    Enjoy the links with more inspiring running news to come.

                    Gratefully,

                    Arpan

                  • sri_chinmoy_inspiration
                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 2, 2014

                      Thanks for your post. Also very inspiring to us "out there".

                      [Posted on behalf of 'pupinthesky' - Thanks for your post. But, if you could please hide your email address to ensure safe posting.]  Joining the Sri Chinmoy Inspiration Group