"The Kitchens"

  • ahelee_sf
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 4, 2003
      Recently I moved to San Francisco and have had the honor of serving
      in our beautiful restaurant, Ananda Fuara. Those who know me, giggle
      about my lack of restaurant experience and apprehension of working
      with food... It has only been a few weeks, but as promised the
      customers provide endless inspiring and sweet moments.

      One evening a young woman sat in my area. She ordered her dinner and
      then I served her tea. She looked up at me and said, "Do you know
      what my favorite restaurant is?" Of course, I thought she was going
      to say it was Ananda Fuara. When I smiled back at her and shook my
      head, she said, "Silence-Heart-Nest!" I laughed and asked her if she
      was from Seattle and if she knew our friends who worked there. She
      told me all about the wonderful food and people there. But she moved
      to San Francisco and was then thrilled to find another of Sri
      Chinmoy's restaurants in her new city. Shortly after I served her
      dinner.

      When I checked back a little later, the woman said to me, "This food
      is so delicious! It is the same as Silence-Heart-Nest! What is it
      about Chinmoy kitchens? The food is just divine. I am a chef in a
      Buddist kitchen. I constantly try to maintain a pure environment in
      our kitchen. It is so quiet and very clean where I work, but our food
      never tastes like this!"
      Of course I am not a cook... but I explained to her that our kitchen
      was very clean but far from quiet!

      Sri Chinmoy has given us many standards to maintain in our kitchen
      and restaurant. One especially is a very high consiousness at all
      times. All the small difficulties that can happen, anger, frustration
      and problems affect our consiousness and in turn, the food! Another
      secret is a smile. There is nothing like a sincere smile to melt away
      a customer's stress and bring forward our own good qualities.

      In the end our customer said she would be back for more of the
      Chinmoy Kitchen experience since these restaurants were the only
      places to find such wonderful food and an oasis atmosphere!
    • jadranka11
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 5, 2003
        This is really beautiful story.

        I used to work as a cook in Sri Chinmoy restaurants over last ten
        years and I know exactly what this lady talks about. We do not have a
        restaurant in Yugoslavia yet, and when I spent time at home I cooked
        a lot for Sri Chinmoy students in different occassions, but I have
        always missed our restaurants.

        No matter what was going on inside ourselves during the work or even
        among all the people who work in restaruants we were always protected
        by Sri Chinmoy and through our meditation and willingness to overcome
        problems somehow our food tastes extremely good.

        The whole atmosphere in restaruants with his beautiful smiling
        pictures, birds, wiegthlifting and running photoes and specially
        music and videos about his work make the restaurants real temples
        where people can not only enjoy our food but also relax, read his
        writings and be in the consiousness that he is spreading throug all
        of us.

        I read once that he said we were serving our customers in our food
        light that is inside ourselves and that we get from our spiritual
        lives. I wish we have many more restaurants all over the world that
        we can spread his light to each and every corner of the globe.

        Deeply greatful to Sri Chinmoy and all his students who serve the
        world through our restaurants.

        Jadranka
        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, ahelee_sf