Why wasn't I born in America?

  • vaskoji
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2004
      Very often, I think about about why I wasn't born in America, and
      how can I be "closer" to my spiritual teacher, and how can I enjoy
      his physical presence. But 2 weeks ago, with prasad (blessed food) I
      was handed a little magnetic picture with text:

      "God has chosen the
      conditions under which
      you are living your present
      life. It is like a play. The
      stage is set and the curtain
      has been raised for you to
      perform your part and
      advance along the spiritual
      path. Your present conditions
      are the best possible ones
      for your advancement."

      Sri Chinmoy

      Vasko
      Macedonia
    • sakshama1
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2004
        Hi Vasko!

        Beautiful aphorism. I put mine next to the door where it reminds me
        of this profound truth.

        Sakshama

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, vaskoji
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Very often, I think about about why I wasn't born in America, and
        > how can I be "closer" to my spiritual teacher, and how can I enjoy
        > his physical presence. But 2 weeks ago, with prasad (blessed food)
        > I was handed a little magnetic picture with text:
        >
        > "God has chosen the
        > conditions under which
        > you are living your present
        > life. It is like a play. The
        > stage is set and the curtain
        > has been raised for you to
        > perform your part and
        > advance along the spiritual
        > path. Your present conditions
        > are the best possible ones
        > for your advancement."
        >
        > Sri Chinmoy
        >
        > Vasko
        > Macedonia
      • anitabusic
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 2, 2004
          Dear Vaskoji,

          You are not alone in that boat. I too am one of those who wonder why
          on Earth would my soul choose the parents I have, why this, why
          that, and I even would wonder has my soul any wisdom, but one thing
          always silences my questioning mind: the fact is undeniable, this
          soul of mine has brought me to my spiritual Teacher.

          As soon as I remember this fact, my heart overflows with love and
          gratitude, and then I think, although my mind does not quite
          understand why, but all the events of my life, no matter how
          difficult, have led me to the one and only person who loves me
          unreservedly, unconditionally the way I am - my Guru, as we all like
          to call him.

          It is such a wonderful feeling of not having to do something or be
          something than what you are to be accepted and loved for what you
          already are. Such love surpasses even the love of the mother, for
          while mother's love stays with us for only this incarnation (who
          knows who will be our mother in the next?), the love of the
          spiritual Master for his spiritual children is eternal, immortal,
          infinite, beyond all cycles of life, beyond anything you have ever
          experienced before.

          Sometimes people think because I lead a chaste life, that I am
          lonely - if not now, then later on in my older age. But, I never
          feel alone. The presence of my Inner Pilot fills my heart to the
          brim and sweeps through my body like a tidal wave whenever I care to
          just pay attention to this presence. I always feel this watchful
          gaze over me.

          And this is no hallucination or imagination. It is a reality which
          is hard to express to anyone who has never felt it. We have all felt
          guided by this inner voice, the voice of our soul, the voice of our
          Inner Pilot, the voice that responds to us with our own voice, the
          voice of our highest self leading us in our lives.

          So, Vaskoji, do not regret being born in Macedonia; it is a most
          beautiful country which your soul chose to progress the most and to
          spread the Supreme's Light the most. Concentrate on your inner
          voice, the voice of your soul, and you will know why you were born
          where you were, and what is it you are meant to achieve there.

          May you be fulfilled in the Light of the Supreme,

          Anita

          <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > Very often, I think about about why I wasn't born in America, and
          > how can I be "closer" to my spiritual teacher, and how can I enjoy
          > his physical presence. But 2 weeks ago, with prasad (blessed food)
          > I was handed a little magnetic picture with text:
          >
          > "God has chosen the
          > conditions under which
          > you are living your present
          > life. It is like a play. The
          > stage is set and the curtain
          > has been raised for you to
          > perform your part and
          > advance along the spiritual
          > path. Your present conditions
          > are the best possible ones
          > for your advancement."
          >
          > Sri Chinmoy
          >
          > Vasko
          > Macedonia
        • tejal_light01
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 3, 2004
            Dear Vasko,

            We are in the same boat :) But, we are so fortunate to see Sri
            Chinmoy a few times during the year, so this is a great blessing.

            Also when we are far - physically, we have a chance to feel his
            timeless and spaceless love and concern, and strengthen our
            connection. This connection really matters the most.

            Thank you for your beautiful poem.

            Love from Tejal

            <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > Very often, I think about about why I wasn't born in America, and
            > how can I be "closer" to my spiritual teacher, and how can I enjoy
            > his physical presence. But 2 weeks ago, with prasad (blessed food)
            > I was handed a little magnetic picture with text:
            >
            > "God has chosen the
            > conditions under which
            > you are living your present
            > life. It is like a play. The
            > stage is set and the curtain
            > has been raised for you to
            > perform your part and
            > advance along the spiritual
            > path. Your present conditions
            > are the best possible ones
            > for your advancement."
            >
            > Sri Chinmoy
            >
            > Vasko
            > Macedonia
          • jayita_2708
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 3, 2004
              Dear Anita, Vaskoji,

              Thank you both for your beautiful postings.

              As you both say, there is a good reason why we are born in a
              particular place. Our soul knows what conditions are best for our
              spiritual advancement, and the Supreme wouldn't sanction for our
              souls to be born in a place unless if were for our spiritual
              progress.

              Here is an extract that I found in the book "The Soul and the
              Process of Reincarnation" by Sri Chinmoy. It talks more about this.

              Question: What is the relationship of the individul soul to the soul
              of the country that it is born into?

              Sri Chinmoy: There are many countries. Why does a particular soul
              enter into a particular country? There are two basic reasons: either
              the soul has been commanded by the Supreme or the soul has a
              specific preference for that country. Why will a soul care for a
              particular country? It is because the soul has its own inner
              propensities. It feels that it has some inner intuitive capacity or
              other quality which can be easily brought into manifestation if it
              takes incarnation in a particular country. If a particular soul has
              dynamism, it will try to take incarnation in America, not India.
              Again, if it cries for inner harmony and peace, then it will try to
              take incarnation in India. If the soul wants vastness and a
              combination of mind and heart in mental and psychic awakening, then
              it will incarnate in Australia. The individual soul may want a
              particular country, but you have to know that the soul of a country
              also wants a particular type of soul, so that its own reality can be
              manifested. Each soul has something special to offer to its country.
              So, the soul of each country meditates upon the highest Reality to
              get souls which will be of help to it.

              * * *

              Gratitude to you both!

              - Jayita