Walking meditation

  • blazejseattle
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1 11:01 AM
      During the August Celebrations, the deepest and most sublime
      experience for me came during my last day when we had a long walking
      meditation. Sri Chinmoy invited 160 people (4 groups of 40) at a
      time to meditate while walking the grounds of the place where we
      meet.

      That morning the air was fresh and cool after an earlier shower, and
      many of us sitting at the tennis court seemed to want to get utmost
      from our last day with Sri Chinmoy. How much I treasured the
      sanctity and soulfulness of that last day!

      I was reviewing the last 25 songs that we were to sing with
      Kailash's group, when Sri Chinmoy asked the first group of 160 women
      to come down and meditate. After them followed the rest of us, 160
      at a time. The atmosphere was most sublime and the meditations long
      (as long as 20-25 minutes per group), fulfilling beyond description.

      Blazej