A new rose--thanks to Scotland

  • nayaknayaknayak
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 31, 2004
      The creation of this rose (below) comes from the Scottish students
      of Sri Chinmoy. He wanted to be sure that Scotland got the credit
      for this beautiful achievement. Scotland plays a special soulful
      role on this path. From time to time we have the opportunity to hear
      the Scottish singers in our group perform a famous song that has the
      phrase "Scotland the brave." It is very stirring.

      Sri Chinmoy likes all of his students to be proud of the special
      qualities of their country. I remember one year when he asked
      students from each country represented at the August Celebration to
      come up before us and sing their national anthem. It was stirring to
      hear the feeling that everyone put into the banner song of their
      country. Part of the memory of the Celebration is the many
      nationalities present. (I believe that we hade at least 50 nations
      with us this time).

      I personally feel very proud of my America. I am not speaking about
      politics at all. I am not speaking for or against any political
      position or candidate. What I am speaking about is the America that
      you feel when you travel around and meet the good people, when you
      feel their dynamism and optimism, their willingness to help, and
      when you see the many beautiful places of the country. That is my
      America. So, Scotland, I do love your rose achievement, and I am
      very proud of my Master for wanting to give you and your country
      full credit for this innovation and for the beautiful natural yellow
      rose with an indescribable and delicate blend of colors.

      I hope that the Scottish students of Sri Chinmoy will share some of
      their thoughts and feelings about this rose event.

      Yours,

      Nayak

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, putrima21

      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 1, 2004
        "Is there any place
        Where we can find God
        Easily?"

        "We can easily find God
        In the beauty-smile
        Of the morning flowers."

        -Sri Chinmoy (77,000 Service-Trees, no. 9,649, no. 9,650)

        What a wonderful inspiring offering. The Sri Chinmoy Rose. Long
        live Scotland!

        Sharani Robins
        Rhode Island, USA

        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > The Rose
        >
        > Today we were given a postcard by hand with a picture of roses.
        > The roses in the picture are a new variety in a pale yellow
        > colour, created by one of Sri Chinmoy's students and called the
        > Sri Chinmoy Rose. It is a very gentle and beautiful variety.
      • bha15257
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 1, 2004
          My thanks to whoever it was who explained that the rose shown on the
          postcard is actually a new rose that was created by someone in
          Scotland. I got the postcard and love it, but I didn't know the
          story behind it.

          Bhadra

          --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, nayaknayaknayak

        • anitabusic
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 2, 2004
            [From Anita]

            Okay, when was this photo handed out? I was at the Celebrations, but
            I don't have it. I wonder how I could have missed it. And roses
            happen to be one of my most favourite flowers and fragrances. Can
            anyone illumine me?

            Thanks,

            Anita

            --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, bha15257

          • richard13_oxford
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 3, 2004
              The "Sri Chinmoy" rose really looks very beautiful on the card.
              Janani from Scotland told us that the grower was really impressed
              with this particular rose. He described it as having a beautiful,
              ethereal quality. Janani also told us that quite a rich lady came to
              the grower to choose a flower that would be named after herself.
              After looking at many different plants she chose the rose "Sri
              Chinmoy." The lady said, "This is the rose that I really want." The
              grower told her that unfortunately it was already named after Sri
              Chinmoy. The lady then said, that was fine then. (The Scots have a
              wit all their own.)

              Sri Chinmoy said quite a few times how grateful he was to his
              Scottish students. Jokingly Sri Chinmoy said "This is a Scottish
              grown rose, don't let the English take any credit." I happened to be
              sitting next to my two Scottish friends Janaka and Uranta. We all
              found this very enjoyable. Janaka, the Edinburgh centre leader, was
              in the seventh heaven of delight. After giving the rose photo to the
              Scots, Sri Chinmoy then called all the English to come and receive a
              photo. Sri Chinmoy had a big broad smile on his face; it was a very
              pleasant occasion.

              With admiration for my Scottish oneness friends,

              Yours,

              Richard Pettinger,
              Oxford, England, Great Britain, UK, British Isles, etc.

              *ethereal = otherworldly, spiritual

              <no_reply@y...> wrote:
              > The creation of this rose (below) comes from the Scottish students
              > of Sri Chinmoy. He wanted to be sure that Scotland got the credit
              > for this beautiful achievement. Scotland plays a special soulful
              > role on this path. From time to time we have the opportunity to hear
              > the Scottish singers in our group perform a famous song that has the
              > phrase "Scotland the brave." It is very stirring.
              >
              > Sri Chinmoy likes all of his students to be proud of the special
              > qualities of their country. I remember one year when he asked
              > students from each country represented at the August Celebration to
              > come up before us and sing their national anthem. It was stirring to
              > hear the feeling that everyone put into the banner song of their
              > country. Part of the memory of the Celebration is the many
              > nationalities present. (I believe that we hade at least 50 nations
              > with us this time).
              >
              > I personally feel very proud of my America. I am not speaking about
              > politics at all. I am not speaking for or against any political
              > position or candidate. What I am speaking about is the America that
              > you feel when you travel around and meet the good people, when you
              > feel their dynamism and optimism, their willingness to help, and
              > when you see the many beautiful places of the country. That is my
              > America. So, Scotland, I do love your rose achievement, and I am
              > very proud of my Master for wanting to give you and your country
              > full credit for this innovation and for the beautiful natural yellow
              > rose with an indescribable and delicate blend of colors.
              >
              > I hope that the Scottish students of Sri Chinmoy will share some of
              > their thoughts and feelings about this rose event.
              >
              > Yours,
              >
              > Nayak
              >
              > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, putrima21
              > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
              > > The Sri Chinmoy Rose in the pictures looks so gentle, pure and
              > > divinely beautiful. I can't wait to plant some of these roses in
              > > the garden, and then enjoy seeing them and smelling them.
              > >
              > > Putrima
              > >
              > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, maria_latinova
              > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
              > > > The Rose
              > > >
              > > > Today we were given a postcard by hand with a picture of roses.
              > > > The roses in the picture are a new variety in a pale yellow
              > > > colour, created by one of Sri Chinmoy's students and called the
              > > > Sri Chinmoy Rose. It is a very gentle and beautiful variety.
            • sunamitalim
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 4, 2004
                The heart that loves
                Is as beautiful, fresh,
                Charming and inspiring
                As a morning rose. ~ Sri Chinmoy

                [#4311, Seventy-Seven Thousand Services-Trees]

                Your heartfelt reporting transported me to the event itself, Richard.
                I could not help but be engulfed in the blessings of the ethereal Sri
                Chinmoy Rose as I read your post.

                Would Janaka like to share its purity-fragrance and ethereal beauty
                by offering the Sri Chinmoy Rose for sale in various horticultural
                catalogs purveying seeds and plantings from around the world? It's
                quite a challenge to consider, but there again, our oneness-
                willingness efforts can and will rise to the occasion!

                Ending with another of Sri Chinmoy's garden aphorisms:

                God plants the seed
                Of unshakable faith
                In each seeker's heart.

                Thanks very much,