Re: The first day back from the Celebrations

  • jkbroderick6
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 31, 2004
      I was very inspired by the running events as well. I had a PR in the
      marathon!

      Jackie

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, blazejseattle
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > It is my first day back from the Celebrations in New York, and I
      > still feel like leaving part of myself there.
      >
      > When I was leaving for the Celebrations on Aug 20th, I just
      > managed to graduate from the University of Washington by having my
      > thesis signed by my reader. The weeks of long and dry intellectual
      > effort leading to this left me even more intensely crying for my
      > spirituality. And coming to the Celebrations brought back to me
      > the feeling of being "at home," in the core of my heart.
      >
      > What is it in particular which gives me such a sense of lasting
      > satisfaction and fulfilment during our semi-annual Celebrations? I
      > cannot attribute it to just a single thing. Being around Sri
      > Chinmoy, whose poised and energetic presence instills many
      > qualities my heart cries for, being with other true
      > seeker-friends, being surrounded by an atmosphere of creativity,
      > dynamism and soulful cheerfulness, and being involved in a
      > multitude of activities - from marathon running to singing to skit
      > practises - that all always seem to bring out the best in me.
      >
      > My highlights this time? Singing 200 songs with Kailash! - plus
      > those moments I always treasure as sacred during each
      > Celebrations: the Self-Transcendence Marathon that rekindled my
      > running training, and the long sublime meditations with Sri
      > Chinmoy on the departure day.
      >
      > How I wish I could carry all the experiences alive with me!
      >
      > Blazej, Seattle
    • lucianbalmer
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2004
        I too find singing the 200 songs to be my highlight! Pratul said to
        me something like "I can't imagine what celebrations would be like
        without our songs!" - and I wholeheartedly agree! The marathon and
        the 47 mile race were also great highlights for me. Now that you are
        done with school, what's next Blazej? --Lucian, San Francisco

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, jkbroderick6
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > I was very inspired by the running events as well. I had a PR in the
        > marathon!
        >
        > Jackie
        >

        > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, blazejseattle
        > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > > It is my first day back from the Celebrations in New York, and I
        > > still feel like leaving part of myself there.
        > >
        > > When I was leaving for the Celebrations on Aug 20th, I just
        > > managed to graduate from the University of Washington by having my
        > > thesis signed by my reader. The weeks of long and dry intellectual
        > > effort leading to this left me even more intensely crying for my
        > > spirituality. And coming to the Celebrations brought back to me
        > > the feeling of being "at home," in the core of my heart.
        > >
        > > What is it in particular which gives me such a sense of lasting
        > > satisfaction and fulfilment during our semi-annual Celebrations? I
        > > cannot attribute it to just a single thing. Being around Sri
        > > Chinmoy, whose poised and energetic presence instills many
        > > qualities my heart cries for, being with other true
        > > seeker-friends, being surrounded by an atmosphere of creativity,
        > > dynamism and soulful cheerfulness, and being involved in a
        > > multitude of activities - from marathon running to singing to skit
        > > practises - that all always seem to bring out the best in me.
        > >
        > > My highlights this time? Singing 200 songs with Kailash! - plus
        > > those moments I always treasure as sacred during each
        > > Celebrations: the Self-Transcendence Marathon that rekindled my
        > > running training, and the long sublime meditations with Sri
        > > Chinmoy on the departure day.
        > >
        > > How I wish I could carry all the experiences alive with me!
        > >
        > > Blazej, Seattle
      • stueywc777
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2004
          I find that after celebrations you have so much enthusiasm and
          energy to participate in projects. It is like I inwardly must
          maintain the intensity of New York by embarking or helping on
          projects. If we remain idle after our homeward return, it is almost
          like we are squandering what we receive in NYC in terms of the
          peace, joy and light that we get at celebrations.

          Gradually enthusiasm levels start to return to normal until our next
          celebrations, and then the cycle begins again!

          <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > I was very inspired by the running events as well. I had a PR in the
          > marathon!
          >
          > Jackie
          >

          > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, blazejseattle
          > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > > It is my first day back from the Celebrations in New York, and I
          > > still feel like leaving part of myself there.
          > >
          > > When I was leaving for the Celebrations on Aug 20th, I just
          > > managed to graduate from the University of Washington by having my
          > > thesis signed by my reader. The weeks of long and dry intellectual
          > > effort leading to this left me even more intensely crying for my
          > > spirituality. And coming to the Celebrations brought back to me
          > > the feeling of being "at home," in the core of my heart.
          > >
          > > What is it in particular which gives me such a sense of lasting
          > > satisfaction and fulfilment during our semi-annual Celebrations? I
          > > cannot attribute it to just a single thing. Being around Sri
          > > Chinmoy, whose poised and energetic presence instills many
          > > qualities my heart cries for, being with other true
          > > seeker-friends, being surrounded by an atmosphere of creativity,
          > > dynamism and soulful cheerfulness, and being involved in a
          > > multitude of activities - from marathon running to singing to skit
          > > practises - that all always seem to bring out the best in me.
          > >
          > > My highlights this time? Singing 200 songs with Kailash! - plus
          > > those moments I always treasure as sacred during each
          > > Celebrations: the Self-Transcendence Marathon that rekindled my
          > > running training, and the long sublime meditations with Sri
          > > Chinmoy on the departure day.
          > >
          > > How I wish I could carry all the experiences alive with me!
          > >
          > > Blazej, Seattle
        • ed_silverton
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 2, 2004
            One of the funny sensations I have returning from celebrations is
            the feeling I've come from a far away place (not just physically)
            but really another world, another realm flooded with an inner
            stillness that is totally, totally dynamic. So returning to the
            outer world, things seem at once restless but also slow. Decisions
            are slow, actions are slow - almost like a mental 'red tape' gets in
            the way of clarity or the heart's insecurity obscures a happy
            spontaneity. Maybe it's like wading through uncertainty-treacle.
            Then I remember that before I left, I didn't notice any of this, and
            I hope next time I go I won't have forgotten once more.

            --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, stueywc777