A new rose

  • maria_latinova
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 31, 2004
      The Rose

      Today we were given a postcard by hand with a picture of roses.
      The roses in the picture are a new variety in a pale yellow
      colour, created by one of Sri Chinmoy's students and called the
      Sri Chinmoy Rose. It is a very gentle and beautiful variety.
    • putrima21
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 31, 2004
        The Sri Chinmoy Rose in the pictures looks so gentle, pure and
        divinely beautiful. I can't wait to plant some of these roses in the
        garden, and then enjoy seeing them and smelling them.

        Putrima

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, maria_latinova
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > The Rose
        >
        > Today we were given a postcard by hand with a picture of roses.
        > The roses in the picture are a new variety in a pale yellow
        > colour, created by one of Sri Chinmoy's students and called the
        > Sri Chinmoy Rose. It is a very gentle and beautiful variety.
      • nayaknayaknayak
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 31, 2004
          The creation of this rose (below) comes from the Scottish students
          of Sri Chinmoy. He wanted to be sure that Scotland got the credit
          for this beautiful achievement. Scotland plays a special soulful
          role on this path. From time to time we have the opportunity to hear
          the Scottish singers in our group perform a famous song that has the
          phrase "Scotland the brave." It is very stirring.

          Sri Chinmoy likes all of his students to be proud of the special
          qualities of their country. I remember one year when he asked
          students from each country represented at the August Celebration to
          come up before us and sing their national anthem. It was stirring to
          hear the feeling that everyone put into the banner song of their
          country. Part of the memory of the Celebration is the many
          nationalities present. (I believe that we hade at least 50 nations
          with us this time).

          I personally feel very proud of my America. I am not speaking about
          politics at all. I am not speaking for or against any political
          position or candidate. What I am speaking about is the America that
          you feel when you travel around and meet the good people, when you
          feel their dynamism and optimism, their willingness to help, and
          when you see the many beautiful places of the country. That is my
          America. So, Scotland, I do love your rose achievement, and I am
          very proud of my Master for wanting to give you and your country
          full credit for this innovation and for the beautiful natural yellow
          rose with an indescribable and delicate blend of colors.

          I hope that the Scottish students of Sri Chinmoy will share some of
          their thoughts and feelings about this rose event.

          Yours,

          Nayak

          --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, putrima21
          <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > The Sri Chinmoy Rose in the pictures looks so gentle, pure and
          > divinely beautiful. I can't wait to plant some of these roses in
          > the garden, and then enjoy seeing them and smelling them.
          >
          > Putrima
          >
          > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, maria_latinova
          > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > > The Rose
          > >
          > > Today we were given a postcard by hand with a picture of roses.
          > > The roses in the picture are a new variety in a pale yellow
          > > colour, created by one of Sri Chinmoy's students and called the
          > > Sri Chinmoy Rose. It is a very gentle and beautiful variety.
        • abadnego2000
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 1, 2004
            Wow! Now that's something we can sell at Onesess-Fragrance-Glow.
            Wouldn't that be great if the rose farms in Equador could start
            producing this variety. Then it could be distributed to the whole
            world! I would take great pleasure in that. Imagine this; a client
            phones us at Oneness-Fragrance-Glow, "Do you have 200 stems of 50cm
            Sri Chinmoy roses?" I would reply, "You want Sri Chinmoy? Boy, have
            YOU come to the right place!"

            One of the farms we deal with in Equador liked Pavaka's name
            (manager of Oneness-Frangrance-Glow in Montreal), and thought that
            it was a good name for a rose. Nothing came of it though.

            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 1, 2004
              "Is there any place
              Where we can find God
              Easily?"

              "We can easily find God
              In the beauty-smile
              Of the morning flowers."

              -Sri Chinmoy (77,000 Service-Trees, no. 9,649, no. 9,650)

              What a wonderful inspiring offering. The Sri Chinmoy Rose. Long
              live Scotland!

              Sharani Robins
              Rhode Island, USA

              <no_reply@y...> wrote:
              > The Rose
              >
              > Today we were given a postcard by hand with a picture of roses.
              > The roses in the picture are a new variety in a pale yellow
              > colour, created by one of Sri Chinmoy's students and called the
              > Sri Chinmoy Rose. It is a very gentle and beautiful variety.
            • bha15257
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 1, 2004
                My thanks to whoever it was who explained that the rose shown on the
                postcard is actually a new rose that was created by someone in
                Scotland. I got the postcard and love it, but I didn't know the
                story behind it.

                Bhadra

                --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, nayaknayaknayak

              • anitabusic
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 2, 2004
                  [From Anita]

                  Okay, when was this photo handed out? I was at the Celebrations, but
                  I don't have it. I wonder how I could have missed it. And roses
                  happen to be one of my most favourite flowers and fragrances. Can
                  anyone illumine me?

                  Thanks,

                  Anita

                  --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, bha15257

                • richard13_oxford
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 3, 2004
                    The "Sri Chinmoy" rose really looks very beautiful on the card.
                    Janani from Scotland told us that the grower was really impressed
                    with this particular rose. He described it as having a beautiful,
                    ethereal quality. Janani also told us that quite a rich lady came to
                    the grower to choose a flower that would be named after herself.
                    After looking at many different plants she chose the rose "Sri
                    Chinmoy." The lady said, "This is the rose that I really want." The
                    grower told her that unfortunately it was already named after Sri
                    Chinmoy. The lady then said, that was fine then. (The Scots have a
                    wit all their own.)

                    Sri Chinmoy said quite a few times how grateful he was to his
                    Scottish students. Jokingly Sri Chinmoy said "This is a Scottish
                    grown rose, don't let the English take any credit." I happened to be
                    sitting next to my two Scottish friends Janaka and Uranta. We all
                    found this very enjoyable. Janaka, the Edinburgh centre leader, was
                    in the seventh heaven of delight. After giving the rose photo to the
                    Scots, Sri Chinmoy then called all the English to come and receive a
                    photo. Sri Chinmoy had a big broad smile on his face; it was a very
                    pleasant occasion.

                    With admiration for my Scottish oneness friends,

                    Yours,

                    Richard Pettinger,
                    Oxford, England, Great Britain, UK, British Isles, etc.

                    *ethereal = otherworldly, spiritual

                    <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                    > The creation of this rose (below) comes from the Scottish students
                    > of Sri Chinmoy. He wanted to be sure that Scotland got the credit
                    > for this beautiful achievement. Scotland plays a special soulful
                    > role on this path. From time to time we have the opportunity to hear
                    > the Scottish singers in our group perform a famous song that has the
                    > phrase "Scotland the brave." It is very stirring.
                    >
                    > Sri Chinmoy likes all of his students to be proud of the special
                    > qualities of their country. I remember one year when he asked
                    > students from each country represented at the August Celebration to
                    > come up before us and sing their national anthem. It was stirring to
                    > hear the feeling that everyone put into the banner song of their
                    > country. Part of the memory of the Celebration is the many
                    > nationalities present. (I believe that we hade at least 50 nations
                    > with us this time).
                    >
                    > I personally feel very proud of my America. I am not speaking about
                    > politics at all. I am not speaking for or against any political
                    > position or candidate. What I am speaking about is the America that
                    > you feel when you travel around and meet the good people, when you
                    > feel their dynamism and optimism, their willingness to help, and
                    > when you see the many beautiful places of the country. That is my
                    > America. So, Scotland, I do love your rose achievement, and I am
                    > very proud of my Master for wanting to give you and your country
                    > full credit for this innovation and for the beautiful natural yellow
                    > rose with an indescribable and delicate blend of colors.
                    >
                    > I hope that the Scottish students of Sri Chinmoy will share some of
                    > their thoughts and feelings about this rose event.
                    >
                    > Yours,
                    >
                    > Nayak
                    >
                    > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, putrima21
                    > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                    > > The Sri Chinmoy Rose in the pictures looks so gentle, pure and
                    > > divinely beautiful. I can't wait to plant some of these roses in
                    > > the garden, and then enjoy seeing them and smelling them.
                    > >
                    > > Putrima
                    > >
                    > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, maria_latinova
                    > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                    > > > The Rose
                    > > >
                    > > > Today we were given a postcard by hand with a picture of roses.
                    > > > The roses in the picture are a new variety in a pale yellow
                    > > > colour, created by one of Sri Chinmoy's students and called the
                    > > > Sri Chinmoy Rose. It is a very gentle and beautiful variety.
                  • sunamitalim
                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 4, 2004
                      The heart that loves
                      Is as beautiful, fresh,
                      Charming and inspiring
                      As a morning rose. ~ Sri Chinmoy

                      [#4311, Seventy-Seven Thousand Services-Trees]

                      Your heartfelt reporting transported me to the event itself, Richard.
                      I could not help but be engulfed in the blessings of the ethereal Sri
                      Chinmoy Rose as I read your post.

                      Would Janaka like to share its purity-fragrance and ethereal beauty
                      by offering the Sri Chinmoy Rose for sale in various horticultural
                      catalogs purveying seeds and plantings from around the world? It's
                      quite a challenge to consider, but there again, our oneness-
                      willingness efforts can and will rise to the occasion!

                      Ending with another of Sri Chinmoy's garden aphorisms:

                      God plants the seed
                      Of unshakable faith
                      In each seeker's heart.

                      Thanks very much,