Re: OT - German Language Humour

  • doriscott20002000
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 31, 2004
      Jes, it's pretti funni, thank you very Much!

      One of the Germans' soul (pleeease no hyphen Doris) qualities
      is "nobility," therefore they treat everybody like God by using the
      capitalized "You."

      Germans also like to see objects as subjects! For example when they
      see a train arriving at the station they cry out happily: "She is
      coming!" instead of saying:"it is coming!"

      The german word for "movie" is "Lichtspiele" (or Licht-Spiele)?

      Do-Gu-ris-ru