Spirit of the Celebrations

  • hiddetangerman
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 30, 2004
      I just wanted to say what a beautiful and thrilling experience-
      journey our Celebrations are.

      Coming off the plane yesterday morning, I had such a wonderful
      silent experience of light and I felt our Master's presence so
      vividly in the quiet Sunday morning city, that a deep sense of
      gratitude and enthusiasm for being on this path, with this Guru,
      emerged from my heart.

      The Celebrations are like a huge, rolling wave, carrying our life-
      boat fast towards the Golden Shore. So many new and old friends to
      delight in, so many elevating experiences to experience, both in the
      inner world and in the outer world, so many songs to sing, so much
      joy to share.

      I have come back from New York with a heart full of dreams, a mind
      full of hope and a life full of promises. I would like to close with
      a favourite spiritual aphorism:

      "The way to become happy
      Is to think and feel
      That the very best is yet to come."

      - Sri Chinmoy
    • rogerfromcardiff
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 31, 2004
        hiddetangerman wrote:

        > Coming off the plane yesterday morning, I had such a wonderful
        > silent experience of light and I felt our Master's presence so
        > vividly in the quiet Sunday morning city, that a deep sense of
        > gratitude and enthusiasm for being on this path, with this Guru,
        > emerged from my heart.

        Likewise Hidde, I arrived home today on the crest of a wave of
        inspiration and enthusiasm. Before I had attended celebrations (I
        first went in 1994) I was expecting it to be some kind of "meditation
        retreat" with lots of silence and little action. I discovered instead
        a vortex of activity (musical, creative, sporting, dramatic, you name
        it!) in addition to the profound meditations that we share with our
        teacher.

        Now I have been to 22 of these gatherings, and with each year that
        passes the thrill I get from the unique mix of activities and
        experiences keeps on growing.

        This really was the best celebrations ever. Hang on, didn't I say
        that last time?

        Roger
        Cardiff
        Wales
        UK
      • piyasi29
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 31, 2004
          Every Celebration turns out to be unique, even though the kind of
          activities we do are the same. It is impossible to convey to an
          outsider, like my nice friends at work, what the experience of being
          at our Celebrations is really like.

          I have found that when I first return home, it feels like I have
          been to another world on a very high plane of consciousness and for
          a while, I see everything around me from a higher perspective, the
          kind of "big picture" of this world. I feel a real sense of purpose
          in our lives.

          Sometimes it can take some time for your feet to touch the ground
          again! I guess we just have to try and maintain our connection with
          both "worlds" through our meditation and service and the ample
          guidance of Sri Chinmoy.

          Piyasi29

          --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, rogerfromcardiff
          <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > hiddetangerman wrote:
          >
          > > Coming off the plane yesterday morning, I had such a wonderful
          > > silent experience of light and I felt our Master's presence so
          > > vividly in the quiet Sunday morning city, that a deep sense of
          > > gratitude and enthusiasm for being on this path, with this Guru,
          > > emerged from my heart.
          >
          > Likewise Hidde, I arrived home today on the crest of a wave of
          > inspiration and enthusiasm. Before I had attended celebrations (I
          > first went in 1994) I was expecting it to be some kind of
          > "meditation retreat" with lots of silence and little action. I
          > discovered instead a vortex of activity (musical, creative,
          > sporting, dramatic, you name it!) in addition to the profound
          > meditations that we share with our teacher.
          >
          > Now I have been to 22 of these gatherings, and with each year that
          > passes the thrill I get from the unique mix of activities and
          > experiences keeps on growing.
          >
          > This really was the best celebrations ever. Hang on, didn't I say
          > that last time?
          >

          > Roger
          > Cardiff
          > Wales
          > UK
        • asthaloy
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 1, 2004
            Hidde,

            I do agree. Is there any fate better than ours?

            Asthaloy Nyman,
            Seattle

            --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, hiddetangerman
            <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > I just wanted to say what a beautiful and thrilling experience-
            > journey our Celebrations are.
            >
            > Coming off the plane yesterday morning, I had such a wonderful
            > silent experience of light and I felt our Master's presence so
            > vividly in the quiet Sunday morning city, that a deep sense of
            > gratitude and enthusiasm for being on this path, with this Guru,
            > emerged from my heart.
            >
            > The Celebrations are like a huge, rolling wave, carrying our
            > life- boat fast towards the Golden Shore. So many new and old
            > friends to delight in, so many elevating experiences to
            > experience, both in the inner world and in the outer world, so
            > many songs to sing, so much joy to share.
            >
            > I have come back from New York with a heart full of dreams, a
            > mind full of hope and a life full of promises. I would like to
            > close with a favourite spiritual aphorism:
            >

            > "The way to become happy
            > Is to think and feel
            > That the very best is yet to come."
            >
            > - Sri Chinmoy
          • bha15257
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 1, 2004
              [From Bhadra]

              Dear Hidde,

              Thank you for your beautiful message. We really are privileged and
              honored to be able to participate in the Celebrations.

              The day of Sri Chinmoy's birthday, itself, was the most bountiful
              highlight, especially Sri Chinmoy's offering of a concert on three
              instruments, the piano, the sitar and the esraj. When he was playing
              the esraj, I felt as if he were drawing his bow across the strings of
              my own heart.

              Bhadra

              <no_reply@y...> wrote:
              > I just wanted to say what a beautiful and thrilling experience-
              > journey our Celebrations are.
              >
              > Coming off the plane yesterday morning, I had such a wonderful
              > silent experience of light and I felt our Master's presence so
              > vividly in the quiet Sunday morning city, that a deep sense of
              > gratitude and enthusiasm for being on this path, with this Guru,
              > emerged from my heart.
              >
              > The Celebrations are like a huge, rolling wave, carrying our life-
              > boat fast towards the Golden Shore. So many new and old friends to
              > delight in, so many elevating experiences to experience, both in the
              > inner world and in the outer world, so many songs to sing, so much
              > joy to share.
              >
              > I have come back from New York with a heart full of dreams, a mind
              > full of hope and a life full of promises. I would like to close with
              > a favourite spiritual aphorism:
              >

              > "The way to become happy
              > Is to think and feel
              > That the very best is yet to come."
              >
              > - Sri Chinmoy
            • tilottama_di
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 2, 2004
                Dear Hidde,

                Thank you for your sweet message on the spirit of the graceful and
                sunlit Celebrations which every year are being unconditionally
                showered on us by our Guru. It is overwhelmingly incredible that so
                many Truth-seekers and God-lovers from all over the world are able
                to participate and to derive great spiritual benefits from these
                Celebrations, so that they can continue faster on their path to the
                Goal.

                During these Celebrations, I feel that we, the students of Sri
                Chinmoy, are being unconditionally blessed to receive many of God's
                inner and outer Smiles - through our Guru, through our beautiful
                friends, through incidentally passing persons... May we all be
                receptive to the love, peace and delight coming from these, God's
                Smiles, and be able to preserve them in our hearts and lives.

                Tilottama

                --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, hiddetangerman
                > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                > > I just wanted to say what a beautiful and thrilling experience-
                > > journey our Celebrations are.
                > >
                > > Coming off the plane yesterday morning, I had such a wonderful
                > > silent experience of light and I felt our Master's presence so
                > > vividly in the quiet Sunday morning city, that a deep sense of
                > > gratitude and enthusiasm for being on this path, with this Guru,
                > > emerged from my heart.
                > >
                > > The Celebrations are like a huge, rolling wave, carrying our
                > > life-boat fast towards the Golden Shore. So many new and old
                > > friends to delight in, so many elevating experiences to
                > > experience, both in the inner world and in the outer world, so
                > > many songs to sing, so much joy to share.
                > >
                > > I have come back from New York with a heart full of dreams, a
                > > mind full of hope and a life full of promises. I would like to
                > > close with a favourite spiritual aphorism:
                > >
                > > "The way to become happy
                > > Is to think and feel
                > > That the very best is yet to come."
                > >
                > > - Sri Chinmoy
              • tatiana_thehague
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 3, 2004
                  Hi Hidde,

                  For the first time I was flying on my own, but I felt completely
                  safe, loved and protected during the whole flight.

                  It was like the whole airplane was filled with light from the first
                  until the last minute.....

                  We can never be grateful enough for this beautiful path of ours.....

                  Tatiana