Re: 2-Mile Results - Julian Sets NZ Record

  • goldenboat27
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 5, 2004
      Congratulations to Julian -- and all the other fantastic times in
      New Zealand!

      Meanwhile across the Tasman Sea, Sri Chinmoy's Australian students
      were also doing the 2-mile race at a truly fabulous joy weekend,
      organised by Melbourne Centre, and held in the cosy country town of
      Castlemaine, Victoria.

      (The times were all recorded, but presumably not sent to NZ. I wish
      I had them. All I can say is that Tristan came in first, as usual.
      Amalendu was a surprise second-place finisher -- well, a "surprise"
      because he's spent the last few months telling everyone that he
      can't run very well due a sore toe-nail or something equally
      ridiculous. We know now to ignore THAT story!)

      With runners such as Julian and Tristan, it seems fair that - if the
      eighties truly were the golden days of running - the next few years
      might reveal themselves to be the Titanium Days of running!

      While we treasure the nostalgia of the inspiring past, we also look
      forward to the endless possibilities of the future.

      Mark

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, simahin_ausnz