Cycling

  • olaf_hamburg7
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2004
      Being a cyclist myself, this message really inspired me. I could
      very well imagine how it must have felt to cycle these races.

      I always liked the picture in the Smile of the Beyond which shows
      Sri Chinmoy riding a race bike. Now I know where the picture was
      taken.

      Just the other day, there was a World Cup Bike Race here in Hamburg.
      The professionals had to conquer 250km, and they finished in a
      little less then 5 hours. There were also 14,000 non-professionals
      at the starting line, who had to ride 50, 70, 120 or 170 km. I'm
      looking forward to getting one of the rare starting places next
      year.

      Thanks Olaf
    • lucianbalmer
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2004
        Olaf! do you do any races? Bicycle racing is such a different
        experience than running. If you do, I'm sure there are many of us
        who would love to hear about it! -Lucian SF

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, olaf_hamburg7