Poems

  • Corradini
    Message 1 of 9 , May 4 1:12 PM
      "You are a tree,
      Yet you bear no fruits.

       You are a flower,
      Yet you are devoid of fragrance.

       You are God,
      Yet you never care for God."
                                  (4832)

      "Unless a seeker soulfully prays
       And selflessly meditates,
       His ignorance-bound life
       Will return like the revolving years."
                                  (8696)

      "When divine beauty
       penetrates the world,
       Truth reveals
       Its all-perfecting wings".
                              (8700)
      (From 10.000 Flower-Flames)
    • ckglotus
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 10, 2003
        First of all, thanks for all the stories that have been posted lately. i saw nayak's
        message asking Jogyata for a story, and Matt's thank you note. I am getting inspired
        to write some stories, too.
        Here is a little running anecdote:
        Once, many years ago, in Puerto Rico, I used to run a lot. sukhendu and I used to go
        running together quite often. From our meditation Centre to Old san Juan it was 5
        miles, so out and back it was 10. Most of the route was by the ocean. It is really a
        beautiful run,and as I write this I long to be there again, running! The air is nice and
        fresh, and there is always a nice breeze. If you ran at noon, for example, the hottest
        part of the day, then there were places were you could drink water and also douse
        yourself with water on the way there, therefore avoiding heatstroke, while at the same
        time getting a god tan, keeping in shape and pleasing God with your joy and self-
        discipline. Who could ask for anything more? Anyhow, on this particular day I wanted
        to run bbetween twenty and twenty four miles. Now, at the five mile point was the
        entrance to El Morro, a spanish Colonial fort overlooking the Old San Juan Bay. when
        the Americans took over, they converted the inside of the fort into a golf course. So it
        has nice,low grass. But now it is a historical monument, a great turist attraction. It is
        very majestic, as it sits on top of a hill overlooking the ocean. Great for meditation!
        This particular day I ran there, and then started doing loops around the inside of the
        fort, which measures about 1 mile. It has two hills, one which was quite steep, about
        200 meters long (I called this one the humility hill, for it always humbled me) and
        another, gentler grain, around 300 meters long. Very undulating course. After each
        loop you could use the facilities at the tourist centre, with restrooms and nice, cold
        water from the fountain. So up and down I kept going, around and around, enjoying a
        lot my run. There was a gardener who was working there, and he saw me going
        around quite a few times, in the blazing heat. After 10 or more laps, he suddenly
        stopped me and said: "Excuse me, do you ever get tired?"
        Right now I am a shadow of that runner, but have not given up, and will continue until
        I reach and surpass that level of fitness. I just have to have patience and
        perseverance. Likewise, in the spiritual life there will be times when we are not doing
        as well as we used to, or as well as we think. But we must not lose heart, because God
        the supreme is inside of us, and he is invincible, infinite, eternal and immortal! How
        about that? So here are a few poems on patience, which I downloaded form the library
        link at sri chinmoy's official website, <srichinmoy.org>

        ********

        My Lord says to me,
        "My child, patience, patience, patience!
        You are not going to fail me indefinitely.
        There shall come a time
        When you will most surprisingly
        Plese Me in My own Way.
        Patience, my child, patience."

        Patience, increasing patience,
        Is all we need
        To be victorious
        In the battlefield of life.

        God has not run out of
        Forgiveness.
        God has not run out of
        Compassion.
        it is we who have run out of
        Patience.

        Patience is
        The sacred and secret wealth
        Of spiritual Masters.

        Patience
        Brings forth peace
        In abundant measure.

        ***********

        Joy to all!
        Kamalakanta
      • doriscott20002000
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 7, 2004
          "My Lord,
          After you created the world,
          Did You ever think of war?

          "My child,
          I have infinitely better things
          To think of:
          Love, oneness and peace."

          "My Lord,
          If I dislike someone vehemently,
          What is the best way to deal with
          That person?

          "My child,
          There is not just one,
          But there are many ways
          To deal with that person:

          "First,
          Do not express
          Your volcanic anger.

          "Second,
          Think and feel
          That you have the capacity
          To mould and shape that person
          Into a perfectly lovely human being.

          "Third,
          Discard all your preconceived ideas
          And judgements about the person,
          For if you cherish hostile attitudes
          Toward any person,
          Then your own hostility
          Will devour you.

          "Next,
          Just imagine that right now
          Your so-called enemy is having
          Nice thoughts about you.
          Not only that,
          To your wide surprise,your enemy
          Is speaking highly of you
          To others.

          "Finally,
          Ask your mind to be a peace-maker.
          Ask your heart to be a peace-lover.
          Ask yourself to be a peace-observer
          Here and everywhere
          In the Eternal Now."

          -Sri Chinmoy

          In God's Oneness-Heart

          Doris
        • nanditahappy
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 21, 2004
            I pray to God:
            "My Lord Beloved Supreme,
            Do innundate my earth-existence
            With an indomitable spirit,
            So that I can manifest You fully
            Here on earth."
            God tells me:
            "My child, first take Blessings
            From My Heart,
            Then take Blessings
            From My Feet
            And, finally, take Blessings
            From My Eye."

            Service-Trees 34,259

            Once you receive Blessings
            From God's Heart, from His Feet
            And from His Eye,
            There can be nothing -
            Either here on earth
            Or there in Heaven -
            To bar your supreme Victory.

            Service-Trees 34,260

            -Sri Chinmoy
          • anami2708
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 25, 2004
              Dear poem lovers,

              I was struck by your post, Nandita.
              This so called "Feet-Poems" always transport me to the highest heaven.

              These days I am busy in my freetime to compile a booklet about the
              seeker's devotion towards God - expressed through the inner feeling
              of sitting or dancing at God's Feet.

              Who ever has this intense inner feeling of belonging to God's Feet
              expresses his/her deep, unshakable connection, trust and love and for
              me it is the sweetest golden bond that links the God-lover to God
              directly.
              To feel, that the most important thing is to be, live and breath
              one's own tiny life at the Feet of God is for me the highest and
              deepest sign of God-love. This Feet-poems symbolise the heart's love,
              devotion and surrender which is so difficult to explane in mundane
              words.

              I know that for some people, even seekers, it is not so important,
              but for me it is simply thrilling and ecstatic.

              Maybe you have a favorit poem like this - please let me know. It
              might become part of my booklet.

              Anami

              Here some of my favorites :-)
              Attention please, it might be only fitting for a true Bhakti Yogi!!!

              My Supreme, my Supreme, my Supreme!
              I am able to see You every day.
              This is, indeed, not my highest privilege.
              I am able to speak to You every day.
              This is, indeed, not my highest privilege.
              I am able to sit at Your Feet whenever I want to.
              This is, indeed, not my highest privilege.
              My Supreme, I am able to kiss the dust of Your Feet
              Every day to my heart's content.
              This is, indeed, my highest,
              Absolutely highest privilege.
              My Supreme, my Supreme, my Supreme.

              My life has become infinitely better
              Now that I placed my life
              At the Feet of my Lord Supreme.

              All our imperfections slowly appear
              In our Master's mind.
              All our imperfections quickly disappear
              In our Master's heart.
              All our imperfections slowly, steadily and unerringly
              Are perfected at our Master's Feet.

              My surrender-life
              And the dust of God's Feet
              Have become inseparable friends.

              On our birthday we say to God:
              "God, make us the very dust of Your Feet."
              God says to us:
              "No, my child, I am making you
              The very Breath of my Heart."

              My Lord Beloved Supreme
              Today You have made me immeasurably happy
              By allowing my heartbeat to mingle, sing and dance
              With the dust of your Feet.

              --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, nanditahappy
              <no_reply@y...> wrote:
              > I pray to God:
              > "My Lord Beloved Supreme,
              > Do innundate my earth-existence
              > With an indomitable spirit,
              > So that I can manifest You fully
              > Here on earth."
              > God tells me:
              > "My child, first take Blessings
              > From My Heart,
              > Then take Blessings
              > From My Feet
              > And, finally, take Blessings
              > From My Eye."
              >
              > Service-Trees 34,259
              >

              > Once you receive Blessings
              > From God's Heart, from His Feet
              > And from His Eye,
              > There can be nothing -
              > Either here on earth
              > Or there in Heaven -
              > To bar your supreme Victory.
              >
              > Service-Trees 34,260
              >
              > -Sri Chinmoy
            • bernice131313
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 25, 2004
                Dear Nanditahappy,

                Is there any chance that you could post messages more often?

                Bernice
                Canberra Centre.

                <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                > I pray to God:
                > "My Lord Beloved Supreme,
                > Do innundate my earth-existence
                > With an indomitable spirit,
                > So that I can manifest You fully
                > Here on earth."
                > God tells me:
                > "My child, first take Blessings
                > From My Heart,
                > Then take Blessings
                > From My Feet
                > And, finally, take Blessings
                > From My Eye."
                >
                > Service-Trees 34,259
                >

                > Once you receive Blessings
                > From God's Heart, from His Feet
                > And from His Eye,
                > There can be nothing -
                > Either here on earth
                > Or there in Heaven -
                > To bar your supreme Victory.
                >
                > Service-Trees 34,260
                >
                > -Sri Chinmoy
              • sarah_inseattle
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 27, 2004
                  Dear Anami,

                  Ever since I read this post yesterday, I am finding "Feet-Poems"
                  wherever I look! I am sure there is some cosmic significance
                  happening.

                  Here is the one that particularly speaks to me.

                  My Lord,
                  If you really love me,
                  Then immediately place Your Feet
                  Upon my heart.

                  Service-Trees 27,192

                  I am lost in some wonderful, indescribable, comfort; imagining just
                  what that might feel like.

                  Without typing them out, a few others I came across are:
                  Service Trees #27,194, 27,793
                  Aspiration Plants #23,741

                  What an inspiring project!

                  Gratitude,
                  Sarah
                  Seattle
                • tatiana_thehague
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 28, 2004
                    Dear Anami,

                    Here is one from Silence Speaks, Part 5:

                    "My heart once more
                    Has touched God's Feet today.
                    My life once more
                    Is learning gratitude-play."