Re: 55,680 strokes across the Channel.

  • bernice131313
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 1, 2004
      Karteek, I am so in awe of you and anyone else who is able to swim
      the Channel. Unlike running, swimming has never come easy to me, and
      this feat would have to be one of the most terrifying things that I
      could ever imagine. (Hopefully that doesn't mean that I'm actually
      meant to do it some day.) It was fantastic to read all about it.

      Cheers

      Bernice
      Australia

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, karteekclarke

    • compassionlover1964
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 2, 2004
        Thank you, Karteek for such a wonderful accounting of your swim! It
        brought tears to my eyes. All these self-transcendence feats will
        be of tremendous inspiration to me in my 3-week [ :-) ] marathon
        training program which commences today!

        Terri
        Tampa, Florida

        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
> [...]
        > get a good calm day. I have had such calm days on two prior swims,
        > the one when I did my best time (10hrs 53 mins) and my very first
        > one (11hrs 57mins). Perhaps there was no point in going through
        > that experience again. I felt that Sri Chinmoy had taken away
        > ninety five percent of the power of the weather in the second
        > half, but left just enough for me to fight against to learn the
        > lesson. Of course, then you realise that the five percent is also
        > all Grace.
        >
        > I have made very little mention of my two helpers, Dave and Jozef,
        > who were fearless, inspirational and devoted to the cause from
        > start to finish. More than anything else the Channel is a team
        > effort, and they were perfect team members. Jozef (Slovakia) will
        > be joined by Henrik (Finland) to swim an upcoming tide in August.
        > Vijoya from New York will also swim. Watch this space for more
      • vasudha_sd
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 2, 2004
          Wow, Karteek! What a great account of your incredible achievement!
          It's so good of you to take the time to write in such detail. Those
          of us who are but mere witnesses to these awe-inspiring self-
          transcendence achievements LOVE to hear all the bits of the story.

          Congratulations on your 6th crossing. I'll look forward to next
          year's story!

          Vasudha

          <no_reply@y...> wrote:
> [...]
          > have had such calm days on two prior swims, the one when I did my
          > best time (10hrs 53 mins) and my very first one (11hrs 57mins).
          > Perhaps there was no point in going through that experience again. I
          > felt that Sri Chinmoy had taken away ninety five percent of the
          > power of the weather in the second half, but left just enough for me
          > to fight against to learn the lesson. Of course, then you realise
          > that the five percent is also all Grace.
          >
          > I have made very little mention of my two helpers, Dave and Jozef,
          > who were fearless, inspirational and devoted to the cause from start
          > to finish. More than anything else the Channel is a team effort, and
          > they were perfect team members. Jozef (Slovakia) will be joined by
          > Henrik (Finland) to swim an upcoming tide in August. Vijoya from New
          > York will also swim. Watch this space for more news.
        • jigyasutervo
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 3, 2004
            Congratulations Karteek,
            What an inspiring story, what an incredible victory!
          • prachar_1
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 3, 2004
              Hi Karteek

              Your stories of swimming the Channel and also Lake Windermere are
              beautifully told, living adventures. You have uplifted our community
              by your heroic deeds, your captivating writing and the selfless
              sharing of your illumining experiences. Your body, vital, mind,
              heart and soul are each and together shedding their light on us
              profusely. Thank you.

              I am delighted to invite you to swim the length of our own Lake
              Burley Griffin, in Canberra. The distance for you is a trifling 9.3
              kms (less than 6 miles!) Perhaps you can be the first person to swim
              the lake from end to end and back again!

              Just planting a seed - we can discuss details when next we meet
              (wherever that may be).

              Your aquatic admirer and friend (but not on the running track!)

              Prachar

              --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, bernice131313

            • stueywc777
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 3, 2004
                Great effort Karteek, what an effort! Water that is 14 degrees
                sounds fr..fr.. freezing. There is a fantastic channel swim in West
                Australia not quite as far, and no nasty tides. You will have to
                come and do the Rottnest channel swim some time as a warm up.

                see you soon
                Stuart

                --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, shardul_nz

              • cosmos_aruna
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 3, 2004
                  Hello Karteek,

                  congratulations on your amazing achievement. You sure are a great
                  instrument of the Supreme! A Channel-swim makes the Marathon seem
                  like a relaxing bath in the jacuzzi.

                  I hope I will remember it when my muscles start aching a few weeks
                  from now!

                  Usually I don't really read postings as long as yours because I'm
                  just too lazy, but I did read your inspiring and thrilling story
                  about your experiences. My father said I should, and since I always
                  do what he says(!!!), I did. And he was right, it was totally worth
                  it.

                  Thank you for the inspiration.

                  Greetings Aruna