Re: Divine Heros

  • sunamitalim
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1 9:24 AM
      Dear Sumangali, Shankara & Everyone,

      Righty-o! Here's a heroic affirmation for us all to believe in from
      Sri Chinmoy's book, "Pioneer-Runners" (Agni Press, 1998), page 86.

      Question: Is there a limit to any record?

      Sri Chinmoy: There is only one limit: how much God wants to reveal
      Himself through each individual. The only limit is God's Will. God
      waits and waits and waits. Then, if He sees that somebody is
      receptive or that somebody has worked very hard, He may do something
      through that individual.

      * * *

      Ultimately though, the divine bottomline is:

      "Your self-transcendence-goal
      Is not something
      That you have to achieve.
      It was already given to you long ago
      By your Beloved Supreme.
      You have only to believe it.
      You have only to receive it."
      ~ Sri Chinmoy (ibid, p. 98)

      Thanks for reminding us to--perceive, believe in, receive, and
      achieve--each in our own way!

      Sunamita

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sumangali_m
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > I would like to echo Shankara's message. I'm absolutely in awe of
      > both of these achievements, and congratulate both divine heroes
      > for their respective divine victories.
      >
      > I am very grateful to Karteek for posting his account of his sixth
      > Channel crossing. He so eloquently conveyed many, many aspects of
      > the challenge which I could never have even imagined. It was very
      > humbling to read, and really put life into sharp relief. It's so
      > easy to get stuck in one's own little world and caught up with
      > things which are not important at all. This glowing account served
      > to remind me of what really is important – the Supreme's Victory,
      > and nothing else.
      >
      > I hope one of the runners of the 3100 mile race writes something
      > of their experience at some point in the future. Like Shankara, I
      > am also worrying about how I'm going to manage a marathon, and
      > have spent most of this week recovering from what to me was a
      > momentous training run of a mere 20 miles!
      >
      > It is thrilling though to think that the Supreme can manifest
      > seemingly impossible victories, through whoever He chooses as
      > instruments. Although I could never imagine being in this heroic
      > league, I am very proud to be in the same spiritual organisation
      > as Ashprihanal and Karteek, as well as those still running the
      > 3100!
      >
      > Sumangali
      > :oD
      >

      > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com,
      srichinmoyinspiration
      > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > [From Shankara*]
      > >
      > > Wow, what a day for divine heros. In the early hours of the
      > > morning Karteek completed swimming the English Channel. Is this
      > > his fifth or sixth time? He completes this amazing challenge so
      > > often I've lost count. Then later on the same day, my father
      > > calls me from New York to say that Asprihanal has just finished
      > > the 3100 Mile Race. And here I am worrying about how I'm going
      > > to manage the marathon in August. I guess I will just have to
      > > tap into a bit of their inspiration-dynamism-stamina.
      > >
      > > Thank you, you two divine heros, we are so proud of you.
      > >
      > > Shankara
      > > --------
      > >

      > > *Shankara, if you and Ongkar would like to post here, please
      > > join the Inspiration Group, set your member preferences per our
      > > custom, and post online (not by sending an email). You can get
      > > more details here:

      > > It seems that some people post, but do not read the messages
      > > addressed to them.
      > >
      > > Assistant Moderator
    • sumangali_m
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3 12:08 AM
        Thanks Sunamita
        This is great news for us mortals!
        Now where did I put that red cape...............?

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sunamitalim

      • morrisklein27
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 3 10:04 PM
          I just want to extend my gratitude to Sunamita and others for
          posting unusual, out-of-print writings by Sri Chinmoy.

          A few months ago, harmonyvision posted some excerpts from Sri
          Chinmoy's "Japan" notebooks, extemporaneous poetry written by the
          Master while touring Japan. Those poems, rough, vital, clear-eyed
          and spontaneous, really impressed me.

          If anyone in this group has access to some old, out-of-print books
          or notebooks of Sri Chinmoy, please post excerpts for us.

          There are many voracious bookworms in this group who would love a
          good reading adventure.

          Yours,

          Morris