Re: Divine Heros

  • sumangali_m
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2004
      I would like to echo Shankara's message. I'm absolutely in awe of
      both of these achievements, and congratulate both divine heroes for
      their respective divine victories.

      I am very grateful to Karteek for posting his account of his sixth
      Channel crossing. He so eloquently conveyed many, many aspects of
      the challenge which I could never have even imagined. It was very
      humbling to read, and really put life into sharp relief. It's so
      easy to get stuck in one's own little world and caught up with
      things which are not important at all. This glowing account served
      to remind me of what really is important – the Supreme's Victory,
      and nothing else.

      I hope one of the runners of the 3100 mile race writes something of
      their experience at some point in the future. Like Shankara, I am
      also worrying about how I'm going to manage a marathon, and have
      spent most of this week recovering from what to me was a momentous
      training run of a mere 20 miles!

      It is thrilling though to think that the Supreme can manifest
      seemingly impossible victories, through whoever He chooses as
      instruments. Although I could never imagine being in this heroic
      league, I am very proud to be in the same spiritual organisation as
      Ashprihanal and Karteek, as well as those still running the 3100!

      Sumangali
      :oD

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, srichinmoyinspiration
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > [From Shankara*]
      >
      > Wow, what a day for divine heros. In the early hours of the morning
      > Karteek completed swimming the English Channel. Is this his fifth or
      > sixth time? He completes this amazing challenge so often I've lost
      > count. Then later on the same day, my father calls me from New York
      > to say that Asprihanal has just finished the 3100 Mile Race. And
      > here I am worrying about how I'm going to manage the marathon in
      > August. I guess I will just have to tap into a bit of their
      > inspiration-dynamism-stamina.
      >
      > Thank you, you two divine heros, we are so proud of you.
      >
      > Shankara
      > --------
      >

      > *Shankara, if you and Ongkar would like to post here, please join
      > the Inspiration Group, set your member preferences per our custom,
      > and post online (not by sending an email). You can get more details
      > here:

      > It seems that some people post, but do not read the messages
      > addressed to them.
      >
      > Assistant Moderator
    • sunamitalim
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2004
        Dear Sumangali, Shankara & Everyone,

        Righty-o! Here's a heroic affirmation for us all to believe in from
        Sri Chinmoy's book, "Pioneer-Runners" (Agni Press, 1998), page 86.

        Question: Is there a limit to any record?

        Sri Chinmoy: There is only one limit: how much God wants to reveal
        Himself through each individual. The only limit is God's Will. God
        waits and waits and waits. Then, if He sees that somebody is
        receptive or that somebody has worked very hard, He may do something
        through that individual.

        * * *

        Ultimately though, the divine bottomline is:

        "Your self-transcendence-goal
        Is not something
        That you have to achieve.
        It was already given to you long ago
        By your Beloved Supreme.
        You have only to believe it.
        You have only to receive it."
        ~ Sri Chinmoy (ibid, p. 98)

        Thanks for reminding us to--perceive, believe in, receive, and
        achieve--each in our own way!

        Sunamita

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sumangali_m

      • sumangali_m
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 3, 2004
          Thanks Sunamita
          This is great news for us mortals!
          Now where did I put that red cape...............?

          --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sunamitalim

        • morrisklein27
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 3, 2004
            I just want to extend my gratitude to Sunamita and others for
            posting unusual, out-of-print writings by Sri Chinmoy.

            A few months ago, harmonyvision posted some excerpts from Sri
            Chinmoy's "Japan" notebooks, extemporaneous poetry written by the
            Master while touring Japan. Those poems, rough, vital, clear-eyed
            and spontaneous, really impressed me.

            If anyone in this group has access to some old, out-of-print books
            or notebooks of Sri Chinmoy, please post excerpts for us.

            There are many voracious bookworms in this group who would love a
            good reading adventure.

            Yours,

            Morris