From Shankara: Divine Heros

  • srichinmoyinspiration
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 31, 2004
      [From Shankara*]

      Wow, what a day for divine heros. In the early hours of the morning
      Karteek completed swimming the English Channel. Is this his fifth or
      sixth time? He completes this amazing challenge so often I've lost
      count. Then later on the same day, my father calls me from New York
      to say that Asprihanal has just finished the 3100 Mile Race. And
      here I am worrying about how I'm going to manage the marathon in
      August. I guess I will just have to tap into a bit of their
      inspiration-dynamism-stamina.

      Thank you, you two divine heros, we are so proud of you.

      Shankara
      --------

      *Shankara, if you and Ongkar would like to post here, please join
      the Inspiration Group, set your member preferences per our custom,
      and post online (not by sending an email). You can get more details
      here:

      It seems that some people post, but do not read the messages
      addressed to them.

      Assistant Moderator
    • sumangali_m
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2004
        I would like to echo Shankara's message. I'm absolutely in awe of
        both of these achievements, and congratulate both divine heroes for
        their respective divine victories.

        I am very grateful to Karteek for posting his account of his sixth
        Channel crossing. He so eloquently conveyed many, many aspects of
        the challenge which I could never have even imagined. It was very
        humbling to read, and really put life into sharp relief. It's so
        easy to get stuck in one's own little world and caught up with
        things which are not important at all. This glowing account served
        to remind me of what really is important – the Supreme's Victory,
        and nothing else.

        I hope one of the runners of the 3100 mile race writes something of
        their experience at some point in the future. Like Shankara, I am
        also worrying about how I'm going to manage a marathon, and have
        spent most of this week recovering from what to me was a momentous
        training run of a mere 20 miles!

        It is thrilling though to think that the Supreme can manifest
        seemingly impossible victories, through whoever He chooses as
        instruments. Although I could never imagine being in this heroic
        league, I am very proud to be in the same spiritual organisation as
        Ashprihanal and Karteek, as well as those still running the 3100!

        Sumangali
        :oD

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, srichinmoyinspiration
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > [From Shankara*]
        >
        > Wow, what a day for divine heros. In the early hours of the morning
        > Karteek completed swimming the English Channel. Is this his fifth or
        > sixth time? He completes this amazing challenge so often I've lost
        > count. Then later on the same day, my father calls me from New York
        > to say that Asprihanal has just finished the 3100 Mile Race. And
        > here I am worrying about how I'm going to manage the marathon in
        > August. I guess I will just have to tap into a bit of their
        > inspiration-dynamism-stamina.
        >
        > Thank you, you two divine heros, we are so proud of you.
        >
        > Shankara
        > --------
        >

        > *Shankara, if you and Ongkar would like to post here, please join
        > the Inspiration Group, set your member preferences per our custom,
        > and post online (not by sending an email). You can get more details
        > here:

        > It seems that some people post, but do not read the messages
        > addressed to them.
        >
        > Assistant Moderator
      • sunamitalim
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2004
          Dear Sumangali, Shankara & Everyone,

          Righty-o! Here's a heroic affirmation for us all to believe in from
          Sri Chinmoy's book, "Pioneer-Runners" (Agni Press, 1998), page 86.

          Question: Is there a limit to any record?

          Sri Chinmoy: There is only one limit: how much God wants to reveal
          Himself through each individual. The only limit is God's Will. God
          waits and waits and waits. Then, if He sees that somebody is
          receptive or that somebody has worked very hard, He may do something
          through that individual.

          * * *

          Ultimately though, the divine bottomline is:

          "Your self-transcendence-goal
          Is not something
          That you have to achieve.
          It was already given to you long ago
          By your Beloved Supreme.
          You have only to believe it.
          You have only to receive it."
          ~ Sri Chinmoy (ibid, p. 98)

          Thanks for reminding us to--perceive, believe in, receive, and
          achieve--each in our own way!

          Sunamita

          --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sumangali_m

        • sumangali_m
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 3, 2004
            Thanks Sunamita
            This is great news for us mortals!
            Now where did I put that red cape...............?

            --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sunamitalim

          • morrisklein27
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 3, 2004
              I just want to extend my gratitude to Sunamita and others for
              posting unusual, out-of-print writings by Sri Chinmoy.

              A few months ago, harmonyvision posted some excerpts from Sri
              Chinmoy's "Japan" notebooks, extemporaneous poetry written by the
              Master while touring Japan. Those poems, rough, vital, clear-eyed
              and spontaneous, really impressed me.

              If anyone in this group has access to some old, out-of-print books
              or notebooks of Sri Chinmoy, please post excerpts for us.

              There are many voracious bookworms in this group who would love a
              good reading adventure.

              Yours,

              Morris