Optimism for The New Millennium

  • meghabhutijoy
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 19, 2004
      The New Millennium is alive and well, as evidenced by this
      inspiration group!

      There ws an excellent book of poetry about the New Millennium by
      Sri Chinmoy in 1999 called "The New Millennium." Here are a few
      poems from the book:

      I am ready, my heart is ready,
      My entire being is ready to sing of
      The supremely, gloriously rising dawn
      Of the 21st Century.

      In the 20th Century
      Spirituality has become
      Earth's heart-breaking sigh.

      In the 21st Century
      Spirituality will become
      Earth's Heaven-climbing smile.

      Twenty-first Century, Twenty-first Century, Twenty-first Century!
      You will utterly destroy the darkness-wall of ignorance-night.
      The delicate softness-touch of your new light
      Shall awaken the slumbering world.
      Your Infinity's immortal Satisfaction
      Heaven and earth shall together treasure and enjoy.

      I want to be a child
      Of the next century,
      When I will be a genuine self-giver
      for the full manifestation
      Of my Lord Beloved Supreme.

      The 20th Century has been
      A large quantity of the mind's
      Unfulfilled hopes.

      The 21st Century will undoubtedly be
      An unlimited quantity of the heart's
      Illumining and fulfilling hopes.

      -Sri Chinmoy

      If you can get a copy of this book and read it cover to cover, you
      will gain tremendous optimism about what is to come!

      Meghabhuti
    • doriscott20002000
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 20, 2004
        Thank you for the poems Meghabhuti, they are really very optimistic.

        May I add one more poem, that Sri Chinmoy also set to music?

        "Twenty-first Century, the new Millennium!
        No more the old sorrows and joys compendium.
        God's Heart, God's Eye,
        A new hope and a new promise.
        O run and dive and fly-
        Bliss, Infinity's Bliss!
        The world shall cheer the road
        With a God-surrender-song.
        Creator's silence-hearts,
        Creation's sound-lives throng."

        Doris

        In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, meghabhutijoy
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > The New Millennium is alive and well, as evidenced by this
        > inspiration group!
        >
        > There ws an excellent book of poetry about the New Millennium by
        > Sri Chinmoy in 1999 called "The New Millennium." Here are a few
        > poems from the book:
        >

        > I am ready, my heart is ready,
        > My entire being is ready to sing of
        > The supremely, gloriously rising dawn
        > Of the 21st Century.
        >
        > In the 20th Century
        > Spirituality has become
        > Earth's heart-breaking sigh.
        >
        > In the 21st Century
        > Spirituality will become
        > Earth's Heaven-climbing smile.
        >
        > Twenty-first Century, Twenty-first Century, Twenty-first Century!
        > You will utterly destroy the darkness-wall of ignorance-night.
        > The delicate softness-touch of your new light
        > Shall awaken the slumbering world.
        > Your Infinity's immortal Satisfaction
        > Heaven and earth shall together treasure and enjoy.
        >
        > I want to be a child
        > Of the next century,
        > When I will be a genuine self-giver
        > for the full manifestation
        > Of my Lord Beloved Supreme.
        >
        > The 20th Century has been
        > A large quantity of the mind's
        > Unfulfilled hopes.
        >
        > The 21st Century will undoubtedly be
        > An unlimited quantity of the heart's
        > Illumining and fulfilling hopes.
        >
        > -Sri Chinmoy
        >

        > If you can get a copy of this book and read it cover to cover, you
        > will gain tremendous optimism about what is to come!
        >

        > Meghabhuti
      • meghabhutijoy
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 20, 2004
          Doris,

          Thanks for adding that one-- it really is the best of all!

          Meghabhuti

          --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, doriscott20002000
          <no_reply@y...> wrote:

          > Thank you for the poems Meghabhuti, they are really very
          > optimistic.
          >
          > May I add one more poem, that Sri Chinmoy also set to music?
          >
          > "Twenty-first Century, the new Millennium!
          > No more the old sorrows and joys compendium.
          > God's Heart, God's Eye,
          > A new hope and a new promise.
          > O run and dive and fly-
          > Bliss, Infinity's Bliss!
          > The world shall cheer the road
          > With a God-surrender-song.
          > Creator's silence-hearts,
          > Creation's sound-lives throng."
          >

          > Doris
          >

          > In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, meghabhutijoy
          > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > > The New Millennium is alive and well, as evidenced by this
          > > inspiration group!
          > >
          > > There ws an excellent book of poetry about the New Millennium by
          > > Sri Chinmoy in 1999 called "The New Millennium." Here are a few
          > > poems from the book:
          > >

          > > I am ready, my heart is ready,
          > > My entire being is ready to sing of
          > > The supremely, gloriously rising dawn
          > > Of the 21st Century.
          > >
          > > In the 20th Century
          > > Spirituality has become
          > > Earth's heart-breaking sigh.
          > >
          > > In the 21st Century
          > > Spirituality will become
          > > Earth's Heaven-climbing smile.
          > >
          > > Twenty-first Century, Twenty-first Century, Twenty-first Century!
          > > You will utterly destroy the darkness-wall of ignorance-night.
          > > The delicate softness-touch of your new light
          > > Shall awaken the slumbering world.
          > > Your Infinity's immortal Satisfaction
          > > Heaven and earth shall together treasure and enjoy.
          > >
          > > I want to be a child
          > > Of the next century,
          > > When I will be a genuine self-giver
          > > for the full manifestation
          > > Of my Lord Beloved Supreme.
          > >
          > > The 20th Century has been
          > > A large quantity of the mind's
          > > Unfulfilled hopes.
          > >
          > > The 21st Century will undoubtedly be
          > > An unlimited quantity of the heart's
          > > Illumining and fulfilling hopes.
          > >
          > > -Sri Chinmoy
          > >

          > > If you can get a copy of this book and read it cover to cover,
          > > you will gain tremendous optimism about what is to come!
          > >

          > > Meghabhuti
        • martanda_oslo
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 1, 2004
            Sri Chinmoy has another very powerful poem about the new Millennium,
            I cannot find it now, but it starts out something like:

            "The philosopy for the new Millennium:
            Do not see faults in others,
            Do not see faults in yourself..."

            Does anyone have the whole poem? I have it somewhere. It is such a
            powerful and positive poem.

            The world is probably progressing slowly and steadily, although
            sometimes it looks like things are getting worse.

            Look at all the progress that has been made over the last 200 years,
            the last 50 years! the last 10 years! - in medicine and humanitarian
            aid and cooperation in the world!

            I read a book a few years ago where they suggested a 10 day positive
            thinking diet - to only think positive thoughts for ten days. The
            writer was so entusiastic that I jumped on the diet. It was an
            illumining project. I "killed" all negativity at its bud, and tried
            to change problems into opportunities. When there was an obstacle I
            looked for solutions not for excuses. I really managed to focus on
            the positive in the world for 10 days. And now I know it is possible
            to stay positive in most situations.

            Martanda

            > In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, meghabhutijoy
            > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > > The New Millennium is alive and well, as evidenced by this
            > > inspiration group!
            > >
            > > There ws an excellent book of poetry about the New Millennium by
            > > Sri Chinmoy in 1999 called "The New Millennium." Here are a few
            > > poems from the book:
            > >

            > > I am ready, my heart is ready,
            > > My entire being is ready to sing of
            > > The supremely, gloriously rising dawn
            > > Of the 21st Century.
            > >
            > > In the 20th Century
            > > Spirituality has become
            > > Earth's heart-breaking sigh.
            > >
            > > In the 21st Century
            > > Spirituality will become
            > > Earth's Heaven-climbing smile.
            > >
            > > Twenty-first Century, Twenty-first Century, Twenty-first Century!
            > > You will utterly destroy the darkness-wall of ignorance-night.
            > > The delicate softness-touch of your new light
            > > Shall awaken the slumbering world.
            > > Your Infinity's immortal Satisfaction
            > > Heaven and earth shall together treasure and enjoy.
            > >
            > > I want to be a child
            > > Of the next century,
            > > When I will be a genuine self-giver
            > > for the full manifestation
            > > Of my Lord Beloved Supreme.
            > >
            > > The 20th Century has been
            > > A large quantity of the mind's
            > > Unfulfilled hopes.
            > >
            > > The 21st Century will undoubtedly be
            > > An unlimited quantity of the heart's
            > > Illumining and fulfilling hopes.
            > >
            > > -Sri Chinmoy
            > >

            > > If you can get a copy of this book and read it cover to cover,
            > > you will gain tremendous optimism about what is to come!
            > >

            > Meghabhuti
          • swoopy2003
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 1, 2004
              Dear Martanda,

              The poem from Sri Chinmoy you mentioned goes like this:

              The Philosophy for the New Millennium will be:

              do not see faults in anybody's life;
              do not see faults in your own life.

              Only force yourself to see all the good things you have done,
              all the good things you are planning to do and all the good things
              that others have done.

              In the next millennium, the goal of philosophy will be only to see
              the light in oneself and the light in others.

              Then only will you be able to expedite the arrival of world-peace
              and world-oneness.

              ----------

              I think i wrote it down right but I am not 100% sure (didn't copy it
              from a book). And yes I find it very powerful too.

              :-)

              --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, martanda_oslo

            • dharmaja
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 7, 2004
                Dear Martanda,

                Wow, what a blast, what an excellent idea. I desperately need this.
                My mind has a tendency to be critical. I alway try to catch the
                criticism-rogue, now I am inspired by your post to re-invigorate my
                effort. Thank you, Martanda.

                Dharmaja Acterman
                San Diego, California