Meditation in motion

  • nayak_ltp
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2003
      A very unique form of meditation we do on our path from time to
      time. As Sri Chinmoy drives a small electric three-wheeled scooter
      or a mini-golf cart, we meditate. Tonight, as Sri Chinmoy drove
      around the perimeter of a large auditorium, several hundred of his
      students meditated. What is so beautiful about this meditation is
      that it is very dynamic, yet it is meditation indeed. It enormously
      helps my mind to have some motion to focus on, and yet that focus
      draws in tremendous stillness and a feeling of inner peace. Plus, we
      love seeing our teacher up close, and every two or three minutes he
      cruises by, looking very high. Motion outside and stillness inside.

      If you have never seen it, the only comparison I can think of is
      meditating on a bird coasting on an updraft, or meditating on the
      ocean with its surface wavy turmoil and its hidden, quiet vastness.

      Nayak