Re: Sri Chinmoy's Special Function on Friday

  • nayak_lp
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 5, 2003
      Hi, Agraha,

      Thanks for your vivid description. I am very grateful that those
      present at the events with Sri Chinmoy are letting us share them.
      That is great! I felt like I was there.

      Yours,

      Nayak

      Links:

      Art: http://www.srichinmoyart.com
      Centre: http://www.srichinmoycentre.org
      Library: http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com
      Lifting Up the World: http://www.srichinmoyliftinguptheworld.com/
      Music: http://www.srichinmoymusic.com
      Peace Run: http://www.peacerun.com
      Poetry: http://www.srichinmoypoetry.com
      Races: http://www.srichinmoyraces.org
      Radio: http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org
      TV: http://www.srichinmoy.tv

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, "agrahaj"
      <agraha@b...> wrote:
      > We had a most wonderful programme yesterday at our Aspiration-
      Ground
      > in New York. Sri Chinmoy met with several very special and
      > celebrated individuals and honoured them. So many inspiring
      > experiences I had personally and lessons I learned in seeing Sri
      > Chinmoy encourage these luminaries.
      >
      > Sri Chinmoy lifted each one of the guests and presented them with
      > the "Lifting Up the World With a Oneness-Heart Award". He honoured
      > each person in their own unique way. Each person was profoundly
      > moved and deeply touched. Sri Chinmoy can touch the hearts of so
      > many, many totally different people.
      >
      > First was a very, very famous actor who has starred in many popular
      > movies. He meditates and was extremely eager to meet Sri Chinmoy.
      He
      > is in his early 50's and yet he was like a child! After he was
      > lifted, Sri Chinmoy sat directly across from him and meditated with
      > him for what felt was a long, long time.
      >
      > If I only came to earth for those minutes and only saw that, this
      > life would still be the most fulfilling and most inspiring life I
      > have ever lived! As well, if Sri Chinmoy only offered that one
      > meditation to Mother Earth and nothing else, his contributions to
      > humanity would be unimaginably good and great!
      >
      > I mean all this from the very depths of my heart. Watching and
      > entering into the meditation carried me to a world of such beauty,
      > purity, goodness, hope and love. Sri Chinmoy's face was filled with
      > such radiant goodness.
      >
      > Afterwards, the actor said over and over and over that this time
      > with Sri Chinmoy and all of us was the happiest day of his life! He
      > is very, very eager to be with us again!
      >
      > Soon after that, a renowned pianist and also a renowned composer
      > came and were lifted. Then Sri Chinmoy lifted an open-hearted
      > chiropractor who had been very kind to Sri Chinmoy and gave him one
      > treatment two days earlier.
      >
      > An extremely innovative and pioneering conductor of a major Untied
      > State symphony orchestra came next. The conductor's parents were
      > also lifted. The way in which Sri Chinmoy touched these three was
      so
      > extraordinary. The smiles on all of their faces, the satisfaction
      in
      > their hearts was magnificent.
      >
      > Then a very famous ballerina came to be lifted and honoured. She
      had
      > worked very, very hard to succeed...and against countless odds!
      Such
      > sweetness in her face and eyes.
      >
      > Finally, one of the most renowned artists in the world came and was
      > lifted by Sri Chinmoy. He also meditates and has a spiritual
      > teacher, whom Sri Chinmoy had met and honoured. He was profoundly
      > moved. We also showed the video of when Sri Chinmoy honoured his
      > spiritual teacher! This is the open-hearted and all-embracing
      > oneness which Sri Chinmoy teaches us and which he puts into
      practice
      > most vividly. The artist spoke to that very point and signed our
      > guest book with a magnificent drawing!
      >
      > What a wonderful programme! After a very short break, Sri Chinmoy
      > then had a wonderful meditation. He and our best singers practised
      > many songs he has written in honour of Sri Aurobindo and the
      Mother.

      > I offer my gratitude for these sacred moments.
      >
      > Yours sincerely,
      >
      > Agraha
    • John Gillespie
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 7, 2003
        Thank you very much for your very heart-felt description of this very
        significant meeting. For those of us who are currently on the other
        side of the world and unable to be there it was very inspiring to be
        able to read your words - perhaps almost as inspiring as being there!

        --
        John Paul

        "Harmony shall liberate the world from the web of complexities."
        -Sri Chinmoy

        ------------------
        A selection of sites related to Sri Chinmoy:

        More than 1000 of Sri Chinmoy's works online and searchable at this
        site:
        http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com

        A site dedicated to the poetry of Sri Chinmoy:
        http://www.srichinmoypoetry.com

        The homepage of the worlwide Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team:
        http://www.srichinmoyraces.org

        Information about the guiding philosophy of Sri Chinmoy's students and
        their activities:
        http://www.srichinmoycentre.org

        A site dedicated to the spiritual dimensions of music as the language
        of the soul:
        http://www.srichinmoymusic.com/

        The ever-glowing world of Sri Chinmoy's vast outpouring of artworks:
        http://www.srichinmoyart.com/

        Experience the meditative and soul-stirring power of Sri Chinmoy's
        music:
        http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/