Sri Chinmoy's Special Function on Friday

  • agrahaj
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 5, 2003
      We had a most wonderful programme yesterday at our Aspiration-Ground
      in New York. Sri Chinmoy met with several very special and
      celebrated individuals and honoured them. So many inspiring
      experiences I had personally and lessons I learned in seeing Sri
      Chinmoy encourage these luminaries.

      Sri Chinmoy lifted each one of the guests and presented them with
      the "Lifting Up the World With a Oneness-Heart Award". He honoured
      each person in their own unique way. Each person was profoundly
      moved and deeply touched. Sri Chinmoy can touch the hearts of so
      many, many totally different people.

      First was a very, very famous actor who has starred in many popular
      movies. He meditates and was extremely eager to meet Sri Chinmoy. He
      is in his early 50's and yet he was like a child! After he was
      lifted, Sri Chinmoy sat directly across from him and meditated with
      him for what felt was a long, long time.

      If I only came to earth for those minutes and only saw that, this
      life would still be the most fulfilling and most inspiring life I
      have ever lived! As well, if Sri Chinmoy only offered that one
      meditation to Mother Earth and nothing else, his contributions to
      humanity would be unimaginably good and great!

      I mean all this from the very depths of my heart. Watching and
      entering into the meditation carried me to a world of such beauty,
      purity, goodness, hope and love. Sri Chinmoy's face was filled with
      such radiant goodness.

      Afterwards, the actor said over and over and over that this time
      with Sri Chinmoy and all of us was the happiest day of his life! He
      is very, very eager to be with us again!

      Soon after that, a renowned pianist and also a renowned composer
      came and were lifted. Then Sri Chinmoy lifted an open-hearted
      chiropractor who had been very kind to Sri Chinmoy and gave him one
      treatment two days earlier.

      An extremely innovative and pioneering conductor of a major Untied
      State symphony orchestra came next. The conductor's parents were
      also lifted. The way in which Sri Chinmoy touched these three was so
      extraordinary. The smiles on all of their faces, the satisfaction in
      their hearts was magnificent.

      Then a very famous ballerina came to be lifted and honoured. She had
      worked very, very hard to succeed...and against countless odds! Such
      sweetness in her face and eyes.

      Finally, one of the most renowned artists in the world came and was
      lifted by Sri Chinmoy. He also meditates and has a spiritual
      teacher, whom Sri Chinmoy had met and honoured. He was profoundly
      moved. We also showed the video of when Sri Chinmoy honoured his
      spiritual teacher! This is the open-hearted and all-embracing
      oneness which Sri Chinmoy teaches us and which he puts into practice
      most vividly. The artist spoke to that very point and signed our
      guest book with a magnificent drawing!

      What a wonderful programme! After a very short break, Sri Chinmoy
      then had a wonderful meditation. He and our best singers practised
      many songs he has written in honour of Sri Aurobindo and the Mother.

      I offer my gratitude for these sacred moments.

      Yours sincerely,

      Agraha
    • newinspiration2003
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 5, 2003
        Thank you very much for these most captivating and uplifting lines.
        Looking forward to hearing and seeing more of it !

        Shashanka

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, "agrahaj"

      • nayak_lp
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 5, 2003
          Hi, Agraha,

          Thanks for your vivid description. I am very grateful that those
          present at the events with Sri Chinmoy are letting us share them.
          That is great! I felt like I was there.

          Yours,

          Nayak

          Links:

          Art: http://www.srichinmoyart.com
          Centre: http://www.srichinmoycentre.org
          Library: http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com
          Lifting Up the World: http://www.srichinmoyliftinguptheworld.com/
          Music: http://www.srichinmoymusic.com
          Peace Run: http://www.peacerun.com
          Poetry: http://www.srichinmoypoetry.com
          Races: http://www.srichinmoyraces.org
          Radio: http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org
          TV: http://www.srichinmoy.tv

          <agraha@b...> wrote:
> [...]
          Such
          > sweetness in her face and eyes.
          >
          > Finally, one of the most renowned artists in the world came and was
          > lifted by Sri Chinmoy. He also meditates and has a spiritual
          > teacher, whom Sri Chinmoy had met and honoured. He was profoundly
          > moved. We also showed the video of when Sri Chinmoy honoured his
          > spiritual teacher! This is the open-hearted and all-embracing
          > oneness which Sri Chinmoy teaches us and which he puts into
          practice
          > most vividly. The artist spoke to that very point and signed our
          > guest book with a magnificent drawing!
          >
          > What a wonderful programme! After a very short break, Sri Chinmoy
          > then had a wonderful meditation. He and our best singers practised
          > many songs he has written in honour of Sri Aurobindo and the
          Mother.

          > I offer my gratitude for these sacred moments.

        • John Gillespie
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 7, 2003
            Thank you very much for your very heart-felt description of this very
            significant meeting. For those of us who are currently on the other
            side of the world and unable to be there it was very inspiring to be
            able to read your words - perhaps almost as inspiring as being there!

            --
            John Paul

            "Harmony shall liberate the world from the web of complexities."
            -Sri Chinmoy

            ------------------
            A selection of sites related to Sri Chinmoy:

            More than 1000 of Sri Chinmoy's works online and searchable at this
            site:
            http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com

            A site dedicated to the poetry of Sri Chinmoy:
            http://www.srichinmoypoetry.com

            The homepage of the worlwide Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team:
            http://www.srichinmoyraces.org

            Information about the guiding philosophy of Sri Chinmoy's students and
            their activities:
            http://www.srichinmoycentre.org

            A site dedicated to the spiritual dimensions of music as the language
            of the soul:
            http://www.srichinmoymusic.com/

            The ever-glowing world of Sri Chinmoy's vast outpouring of artworks:
            http://www.srichinmoyart.com/

            Experience the meditative and soul-stirring power of Sri Chinmoy's
            music:
            http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/