Re: Enslaved by words

  • newinspiration2003
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4 11:54 AM
      Thanks for submitting this inspirational poem, Ahuta. So often I feel
      that words enslave us - keep us connected to the limited mind as
      opposed to the illumnined mind or the heart or the soul. I believe Sri
      Chinmoy's message in this poem is that it is only by our deeds that we
      can truly be freed of our spiritual bondage. Talk is cheap; soulful,
      dedicated action is difficult, yet extremely powerful. Sri Chinmoy is
      great example of this in his own life. He may at times speak very
      little, but his actions are so plentiful, so varied, so significant, so
      meaningful. His activities in so many fields from art to music to
      literature to athletics speak volumes and volumes of spiritual
      philosophy by means of their uniqueness, their selflessness, their
      inspirational effect, and their enlightening force. Even though Sri
      Chinmoy has written hundreds of books himself, it would take hundreds
      of thousands of books to begin to express the breadth and depth of his
      divinely inspired activities. May we all follow Sri Chinmoy's example
      and employ our deeds - not our words - as our means for spiritual
      progress and lasting happiness!

      _ from Atmatyagi