Gratitude

  • Natabara
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 1, 2003
      "To receive something with joy is to give ten things in return with gratitude."
      by Sri Chinmoy

      from Yoga and the Spiritual Life, p. 30

      A few links to good sites about Sri Chinmoy, and Sri Chinmoy's works:

      Sri Chinmoy Library - http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com

      Sri Chinmoy Poetry - http://www.srichinmoypoetry.com

      Sri Chinmoy Races - http://www.srichinmoyraces.org

      Sri Chinmoy Centre - http://www.srichinmoycentre.org

      Sri Chinmoy Music - http://www.srichinmoymusic.com

      Sri Chinmoy Art - http://www.srichinmoyart.com

      Radio Sri Chinmoy - http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org

      Sri Chinmoy TV - http://www.srichinmoy.tv

      Sri Chinmoy's main site: http://www.srichinmoy.org
    • Corradini
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 21, 2003
        I just returned home from my  trip to attend
        Sri Chinmoy's April activities. In evey way it has
        been so inspiring and uplifting, deep and
        beautiful. I could write a lot about it, but I
        think most of us were present themselves to
        witness these beautiful moments.

        What I would like to say is this:
        GRATITUDE
        GRATITUDE
        GRATITUDE

        Gratitude for giving me the chance of
        being present,
        Gratitude because you have created in me
        a small grain of receptivity,
        Gratitude because every time I see
        Sri Chinmoy it is an ever new experience.

        Nivedak
      • ckglotus
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 12, 2003
          I just want to take a moment to express again my gratitude to all of
          you, brothers and
          sisters, who are posting such inspiring and delightful messages. Itis
          really a great joy
          to be part of this wonderful galaxy of devotion-stars, part of this
          beautiful joy-flower,
          and it is especially so on a day like today,when I need to be
          inspired. I have spent the
          last hour or so looking through messages, and I am moved,
          smiling,repeating poems
          which I find inspiring, chanting a mantra, and enjoying these few
          moments
          immensely. The devotion and gratitude that I feel in the people who
          are posting
          messages inspires me to greater heights! It is all quite beautiful,
          like looking at a
          garden with most beautiful flowers. Thanks to all!
          Kamalakanta
        • heartflower27
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 13, 2003
            Yeah, verily! I second that motion! Thank-you, to everyone, for all
            the tremendous inspiration. Especially in the past couple of weeks or
            so: the output has been really cranked-up!

            Sir Isaac Newton introduced the world to the concept of gravity.
            Well, there's what I'd term "spiritual gravity" also in existence: if
            you're not consciously and continuously lifting yourself up, then the
            very nature of most of the rest of the world is to drag you down
            again. Truth be told, we can't do it all for ourselves: we all need
            some help. That's one reason why this Inspiration Group is so
            wonderful: we can all help and inspire each other!

            Thank God there's someone like Sri Chinmoy on this little earth-
            planet who constantly does so much for the betterment of humanity.
            For a glimpse into some of his work, check out

            http://www.srichinmoycentre.org/

            (if you haven't already done so!)

            Prashphutita

            --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, ckglotus
            <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > I just want to take a moment to express again my gratitude to all of
            > you, brothers and
            > sisters, who are posting such inspiring and delightful messages.
            Itis
            > really a great joy
            > to be part of this wonderful galaxy of devotion-stars, part of this
            > beautiful joy-flower,
            > and it is especially so on a day like today,when I need to be
            > inspired. I have spent the
            > last hour or so looking through messages, and I am moved,
            > smiling,repeating poems
            > which I find inspiring, chanting a mantra, and enjoying these few
            > moments
            > immensely. The devotion and gratitude that I feel in the people who
            > are posting
            > messages inspires me to greater heights! It is all quite beautiful,
            > like looking at a
            > garden with most beautiful flowers. Thanks to all!
            > Kamalakanta
          • dharmaja
            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 13, 2004
              Thank you Sunamita for the sanity reminder.
              Tomorrow is a good day for me to go to Ananda Fuara, to be immersed
              in the light, and to attempt once again to be properly grounded.
            • sunamitalim
              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 14, 2004
                Here's the Real Gratitude Offering -- A Tribute to Our Guru, An
                Avatar of The Highest. These selections are from "Dictionary of The
                Avatar." [http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/supreme-dictionaries%5d

                ESSENCE
                An Avatar's pure essence is God, the Absolute.
                God's sure substance is an Avatar
                Of the highest magnitude.

                HUMANITY'S DIVINITY
                An Avatar is not the monopoly of any individual.
                An Avatar's soul is for Divinity's Humanity
                And his heart is for Humanity's Divinity.

                NOTHING
                An Avatar's constant realisation is
                That there is nothing too great to achieve,
                And that nothing is too small to receive.

                PRACTICE
                An Avatar is God's daily practice of Infinite Compassion.

                ROAD
                To have an Avatar-Guru is to run on the shortest road to God.

                VOICE
                An Avatar is the divinely illumined Choice
                And supremely manifested Voice
                Of God.

                WILL
                God wills.
                An Avatar executes.
                Man either accepts or rejects.
                When he accepts, he becomes the light of life.
                When he rejects, he becomes the night of death.

                ASCENT
                An Avatar is God's compassionate descent and man's conscious ascent.

                Thank you Dharmaja & Everyone,
                Sunamita

                --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, dharmaja
                <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                > Thank you Sunamita for the sanity reminder.
                > Tomorrow is a good day for me to go to Ananda Fuara, to be immersed
                > in the light, and to attempt once again to be properly grounded.
              • hapaivi
                Message 7 of 15 , Apr 1, 2004
                  Hi,

                  I became Sri Chinmoy's student 28 years ago. I wasn't an active
                  member of a center for very long, but even so Sri Chinmoy has always
                  been in my heart and with me every step of my life, helping me
                  whenever the going got tough. I couldn't imagine my life without
                  him.

                  Ever since I got connected to the Internet, I've wanted to hear more
                  about Guru. I was overjoyed to find this site. This is a simple
                  letter to express my deep gratitude to those who are spending their
                  time to provide the rest of us with this service.

                  Best regards

                  Paivi
                • goldenshore27
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 14, 2004
                    For this message I would like to offer my heart's bountiful love and
                    gratitude to my wonderful disciple-family. You are all beautiful
                    flowers in our master's aspiration-garden. Each of us is so unique
                    and special, with a divine role to play. We are indeed fortunate to
                    have Sri Chinmoy as our loving teacher who is with us inwardly 24
                    hours each day, guiding us with his love and wisdom.

                    I feel so fortunate to be part of this spiritual community where
                    everyone's voice is equally important and valued. This is the true
                    nature of a spiritual democracy, where each of us is able to use our
                    God-given freedom to express our deepest concerns and feelings. It
                    is especially significant for women and minorities who are often
                    kept in the background in many other organizations.

                    I would also like to send a big round of applause to those brave
                    disciples who are running 3,100 miles in honor of our master. It
                    truly is an amazing testament to your faith, and I take my hat off
                    to all of you. I wish you all Godspeed.

                    God Bless,
                    love, Franny :o)
                  • abadnego2000
                    Message 9 of 15 , Oct 1, 2004
                      Everything comes back to gratitude. The best of times and the worst
                      of times are all connected by gratitude. We are so happy and
                      grateful when things are going well. And when things aren't going so
                      well, we can be grateful for what we are compared to what we were.
                      And we can always be thankful for chocolate too! I am so grateful
                      for the blessings I have recieved from Sri Chinmoy.

                      David -Montreal
                    • anna_s_oz
                      Message 10 of 15 , Aug 11 1:43 AM
                        I know this has been said many times before, but thank you all for
                        the wonderful and inspiring postings on this site.

                        I have spent the last week sick with the flu and am still recovering.
                        During this time I have felt many times that my life is crashing in
                        around me, and I have struggled with the most basic of things, the
                        most important one of these being meditation.

                        So it is so wonderful to be reminded about how special our lives on
                        this path are. I may not be about to run a 3100 mile race, but at
                        least I try to grow into my soul's light at least some of the time.
                        For this priveledge I must be thankful from the depths of my heart.

                        "My Absolute Lord Supreme,
                        My gratitude-heart is the only place
                        Where I can see
                        Your Compassion-Feet."
                        Sri Chinmoy, from "Secrets From My Soul"
                      • brook9497
                        Message 11 of 15 , Oct 27, 2006
                          "My Lord Supreme told me
                          This morning
                          That my gratitude-heart
                          Has nullified the distance
                          Between my earth and His Heaven"

                          Excerpt from Twenty-Seven Thousand Aspiration-Plants, Part 22 by Sri
                          Chinmoy.

                          [unofficial]
                        • anitabusic
                          Message 12 of 15 , Jan 16, 2007
                            Dear all,

                            I would just like to extend my heartfelt gratitude to all who have
                            helped with the start-up of a new Centre here in Split. We are growing
                            in number, and are having a great time together - singing and learning
                            new songs, reading spiritual texts both in English and in Croatian,
                            watching spiritual videos, running on a beautiful hill with lots of
                            trees that is surrounded by the sea. The air is healing, the sun is
                            smiling, and our hearts are full of joy.

                            We just came back from a Concert of Sri Chinmoy's and are feeling full
                            of light and hope for a better life. It is so good to be in the
                            vicinity of a real spiritual Master, even for a little while, for they
                            inspire us to bring to the fore our very best qualities, and transform
                            the not so good ones :))

                            Deeply grateful,

                            Anita
                          • beverly_canada
                            Message 13 of 15 , Feb 15, 2007
                              Gratitude
                              *********

                              In the life of aspiration and dedication

                              The gratitude-deer always runs the fastest,

                              Always achieves the most,

                              Always becomes the perfection-satisfaction

                              Of the highest

                              And

                              Most fulfilling and fulfilled

                              Supreme in us.

                              Gratitude is not a human achievement.

                              Gratitude is a divine treasure

                              Granted to us

                              By the inner Pilot within us,

                              The Absolute Supreme.

                              Sri Chinmoy
                              http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/life-progress-joy-drum/11.html
                              Message 14 of 15 , Mar 5, 2007
                                "May my inner name
                                And my outer name
                                Be the same:
                                Gratitude."
                                -Sri Chinmoy
                              • melinda_geelong
                                Message 15 of 15 , Jun 4, 2008
                                  Gratitude to all dear friends who post on this amazing and immortal site.
                                  Gratitude for your concern for each other, love for each other and all of humanity and for
                                  the individuality you bring to the site.
                                  Gratitude for your off-beat sense of humour, your compassion and your ever amazing and
                                  increasing depth of knowledge.
                                  Gratitiude for your persistence, your vulnerability and your honesty.
                                  Gratitude to those who live near and far for insights into other aspects of our world and
                                  for beautiful evocative and heart warming images of both our inner and outer worlds.
                                  Gratitude to you all

                                  Melinda