OT - How Many Dogs??

  • dharmaja
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 9, 2004
      How many dogs does it take to change a light bulb?

      Golden Retriever - The sun is shining, the day is young, we've got
      our whole lives ahead of us, and you're inside worrying about a
      burned out bulb?

      Border Collie - Just one. And then I'll replace any wiring that's
      not up to code.

      Dachshund - You know I can't reach that lamp!

      Lab - Oh, me, me!!!!! Pleeeeeeeeeze let me change the light bulb!
      Can I? Can I? Huh? Huh? Huh? Can I?

      German Shepherd - I'll change it as soon as I've led these people
      from the dark, checked to make sure I haven't missed any, and make
      just one more perimeter patrol to see that no one has tried to take
      advantage of the situation.

      Maltese - Let the Border Collie do it. You can feed me while he's
      busy.

      Jack Russell Terrier - I'll just pop it in while I'm bouncing off
      the walls and furniture.

      Poodle - Have the Border Collie do it. By the time he finishes
      rewiring the house, my nails will be dry.

      Doberman - While it's dark, I'm going to sleep on the couch.

      Boxer - Who cares? I can still play with my squeaky toys in the
      dark.

      Pointer - I see it, there it is. There it is, right there....

      Greyhound - It isn't moving. Who cares?

      Australian Shepherd - First, I'll put all the light bulbs in a
      little circle...

      Old English Sheep Dog - Light bulb? Sorry, but I don't see any
      light bulb.
    • sarah_inseattle
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2007
        Hi everybone,

        Yesterday, I accidently came across this humorous post from Dharmaja,
        posted Friday, July 9, 2004. It is message# 5008! Can you imagine?
        There are now 21,346 posts as I write this. Gratitude to Dharmaja
        for his early and always-entertaining participation on this site. It
        doesn't look like anybody ever replied to it. Better late than
        never! It is cute.

        Sarah
        Seattle

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, dharmaja
        <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > How many dogs does it take to change a light bulb?
        >
        > Golden Retriever - The sun is shining, the day is young, we've got
        > our whole lives ahead of us, and you're inside worrying about a
        > burned out bulb?
        >
        > Border Collie - Just one. And then I'll replace any wiring that's
        > not up to code.
        >
        > Dachshund - You know I can't reach that lamp!
        >
        > Lab - Oh, me, me!!!!! Pleeeeeeeeeze let me change the light bulb!
        > Can I? Can I? Huh? Huh? Huh? Can I?
        >
        > German Shepherd - I'll change it as soon as I've led these people
        > from the dark, checked to make sure I haven't missed any, and make
        > just one more perimeter patrol to see that no one has tried to take
        > advantage of the situation.
        >
        > Maltese - Let the Border Collie do it. You can feed me while he's
        > busy.
        >
        > Jack Russell Terrier - I'll just pop it in while I'm bouncing off
        > the walls and furniture.
        >
        > Poodle - Have the Border Collie do it. By the time he finishes
        > rewiring the house, my nails will be dry.
        >
        > Doberman - While it's dark, I'm going to sleep on the couch.
        >
        > Boxer - Who cares? I can still play with my squeaky toys in the
        > dark.
        >
        > Pointer - I see it, there it is. There it is, right there....
        >
        > Greyhound - It isn't moving. Who cares?
        >
        > Australian Shepherd - First, I'll put all the light bulbs in a
        > little circle...
        >
        > Old English Sheep Dog - Light bulb? Sorry, but I don't see any
        > light bulb.

      • vasanti_hd
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 2, 2007
          Hello Sarah,

          Thanks for "digging it up" - I have never heard such sweet and funny
          light-bulb-changing jokes! :))

          As a google-addict, here is something cute in return, maybe to be read out to Dharmaja (who of course may know it already):

          How To Photograph A Puppy

          Remove film from box and load camera.
          Remove film box from puppy's mouth and throw in trash.
          Remove puppy from trash and brush coffee grounds from muzzle.
          Choose a suitable background for photo.
          Mount camera on tripod and focus.
          Find puppy and take dirty sock from mouth.
          Place puppy in pre-focused spot and return to camera.
          Forget about spot and crawl after puppy on knees.
          Focus with one hand and fend off puppy with other hand.
          Get tissue and clean nose print from lens.
          Take flashcube from puppy's mouth and throw in trash.
          Put cat outside and put peroxide on the scratch on puppy's nose.
          Put magazines back on coffee table.
          Try to get puppy's attention by squeaking toy over your head...
          Replace your glasses and check camera for damage.
          Jump up in time to grab puppy and say, "No, outside! No, outside!"
          Call spouse to clean up the mess.
          Fix a drink.
          Sit back in Lazy Boy with drink, and resolve to teach puppy "sit"
          and "stay" the first thing in the morning.

          "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your
          face."
          -- Ben Williams

          Smilingly
          Vasanti
        • sarah_inseattle
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 3, 2007
            Hi Vasanti,

            Glad you enjoyed Dharmaja's light-bulb jokes. I had a Golden
            Retriever and I think it fits perfectly for her breed. But then, I
            think it fits perfectly for all the breeds!

            This quote:
            > "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your
            > face."
            > -- Ben Williams

            inspires me to quote a poem written by our own Chanakhya:

            He licks
            My face
            With such affection

            My smiling face