Poem

  • ahutanyc
    Message 1 of 28 , Mar 29, 2003
      The river flows toward the sea.
      I know not what urges the river-heart to flow.
      The sea has a magnetic pull.
      A insect offers its life to the flame,
      Oh how I wish to offer my Infinity's Life
      To the all-transforming Flame-Beauty.

      Source: Supreme Teach Me How to Surrender
      by Sry Chinmoy
      A few links to good sites about Sri Chinmoy, and Sri Chinmoy's works:

      Sri Chinmoy Library - http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com

      Sri Chinmoy Poetry - http://www.srichinmoypoetry.com

      Sri Chinmoy Races - http://www.srichinmoyraces.org

      Sri Chinmoy Centre - http://www.srichinmoycentre.org

      Sri Chinmoy Music - http://www.srichinmoymusic.com

      Sri Chinmoy Art - http://www.srichinmoyart.com

      Radio Sri Chinmoy - http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org

      Sri Chinmoy TV - http://www.srichinmoy.tv

      Sri Chinmoy's main site: http://www.srichinmoy.org
    • prachar_1
      Message 2 of 28 , Sep 20, 2003
        *************

        There is a universe, beyond our time and space,
        Beyond dimension, omni-free;
        A perfect perfection-protection-haven
        Of purity-sky and beauty-sea.

        Enlivened by the Avatar's Breath
        Dancing in nectar-ecstasy,
        Suffering vanished, error banished,
        Embracing all from each eternity.

        This universe, though seeming far,
        Is yet within our instant choice;
        For all our hearts are beckoned there
        The moment
        Each new Song of Yours takes voice.

        Prachar
        Message 3 of 28 , Jan 1, 2004
          "The New year comes
          To give you another
          opportunity
          To get rid of your old self."-Sri Chinmoy

          -Recently Vikramaditya (I hope I am spelling it right) put out a
          beautiful book with quotes by Sri chinmoy. It is called "The Wings of
          Gratitude" and contains meditations for each day of the year, as well
          as an incredible collection of talks on gratitude in the introduction
          of the book. This introduction is almost 14 pages long, and in the
          next few days I will be posting quotes from it, for I find it very
          inspiring and illumining, something to be shared. So here is the first
          one:

          "Gratitude is a living reality. What God has is infinite Compassion
          and our gift to God is an iota of gratitude to be placed at His Feet.
          Gratitude-power can never be surpassed. It is the only satisfaction we
          can offer God. This is not because God needs our gratitude but because
          He needs ample opportunity to enter into us in a more effective way,
          and gratitude increases our receptivity."-Sri Chinmoy
          Message 4 of 28 , Mar 3, 2004
            "No mind-emptiness,
            No heart-oneness,
            No God-Fulness."
            -Sri Chinmoy

            Joy to all!-Kamalakanta
          • andrey_ua27
            Message 5 of 28 , Mar 15, 2004
              My Happiness

              Yesterday
              My happiness
              Was my God-acceptance.

              Today
              My happines
              Is my life-transformation.

              Tomorrow
              My happiness
              Shall be my God-manifestation
              In the core of perfection.

              Sri Chinmoy

              You can read more at
              http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/sri-chinmoy-golden-boat/part15

              Andrey, Ukraine
            • kelmcmeikan
              Message 6 of 28 , Jul 1, 2004
                Hi everyone, Today I would like to share a poem by Sri Chinmoy that
                is very special to me......

                "I phoned God and asked him to do
                something about my impurity-life.
                He told me that he knows all about it and that he is
                definitely going to take care of it."

                -Sri Chinmoy
              • kelmcmeikan
                Message 7 of 28 , Jul 2, 2004
                  Another one of my favourite aphorism's by Sri Chinmoy:

                  "For a lazy person every day is a busy day."
                • japmki
                  Message 8 of 28 , Jul 18, 2004
                    Heard during the Joyday weekend in Sweden, a poem by Sri Chinmoy:

                    "Wild fantasies feed the mind.
                    Pure ecstasies feed the heart."

                    --

                    Jari
                  • japmki
                    Message 9 of 28 , Jul 23, 2004
                      "I measure my life's boundaries.
                      My Lord counts only my heart-garden-flowers."

                      --Sri Chinmoy
                    • adesh_widmer
                      Message 10 of 28 , Jul 23, 2004
                        "A oneness-heart-runner
                        Is never afraid of any distance
                        For he is always ready
                        To run along Eternity's Road
                        To realise, reveal
                        And manifest God"

                        -Sri Chinmoy

                        From 27'000 Aspiration Plants No. 221

                        A happy, joyful and refreshing weekend to all!

                        Adesh
                      • japmki
                        Message 11 of 28 , Jul 24, 2004
                          "If my life really desires to be a God-server,
                          then God's Heart will be my life's untiring supplier."

                          -- Sri Chinmoy
                        • asthaloy
                          Message 12 of 28 , Jul 24, 2004
                            I came from God with God to see the Feet of His descending Grace.
                            I shall go from man with man to see the Goal of his ascending face.

                            --Sri Chinmoy
                          • japmki
                            Message 13 of 28 , Jul 25, 2004
                              I prayerfully offer my Lord Supreme
                              the streaming tears of my heart.
                              My Lord Supreme blessingfully offers me
                              the beaming smiles of His Heart.

                              -- Sri Chinmoy
                            • cheerfulmoon2000
                              Message 14 of 28 , Jul 25, 2004
                                "Not only the person
                                Who answers,
                                But also those who ask
                                God-hungry questions
                                Are awakened and wise."

                                Sri Chinmoy

                                (Greetings from Cologne)
                                HELMUT
                              • asthaloy
                                Message 15 of 28 , Jul 25, 2004
                                  A surrendered soul is God's dearest possession.
                                  A transformed life is God's highest achievement.

                                  -Sri Chinmoy

                                  Have a nice day!
                                  -Asthaloy
                                • japmki
                                  Message 16 of 28 , Jul 26, 2004
                                    "I love God. There may be an iota of truth.
                                    God loves me. Indeed, this is the bloom of truth
                                    and this is the blossom of truth."

                                    -- Sri Chinmoy
                                  • japmki
                                    Message 17 of 28 , Jul 27, 2004
                                      "Only inside the heart of silence
                                      God gives us His Nectar-flooded Smile."

                                      -- Sri Chinmoy
                                    • japmki
                                      Message 18 of 28 , Jul 29, 2004
                                        "Our heart-aspirations, our life-dedications
                                        are very carefully examined by God Himself
                                        before He allows us to live in
                                        His Infinity's Heart-Home."

                                        - Sri Chinmoy
                                      • japmki
                                        Message 19 of 28 , Jul 30, 2004
                                          "Today, Heaven is beckoning my climbing heart-flames."

                                          -Sri Chinmoy
                                        • japmki
                                          Message 20 of 28 , Jul 31, 2004
                                            "Only the silence-power of the heart
                                            can conquer all the negativities of the mind."

                                            - Sri Chinmoy
                                          • japmki
                                            Message 21 of 28 , Aug 2 9:54 AM
                                              "Love what you do for God.
                                              You will love infinitely more."

                                              - Sri Chinmoy
                                            • gratitudeflow
                                              Message 22 of 28 , Aug 5 11:37 PM
                                                [From Nada]

                                                "My Absolute Lord Supreme,
                                                May my mind today and everyday
                                                Love You only.
                                                May my life today and everyday
                                                Serve You only.
                                                May I today and everyday
                                                Place my success-joy and my progress-peace
                                                At Your Compassion-Feet."

                                                - Sri Chinmoy

                                                Have a nice and prosperous day!
                                              • japmki
                                                Message 23 of 28 , Aug 7 7:59 AM
                                                  "May each good thought be
                                                  the ruler of my mind."

                                                  -Sri Chinmoy
                                                • doriscott20002000
                                                  Message 24 of 28 , Aug 8 12:24 PM
                                                    "May each thought of mine
                                                    Comes from the sunshine
                                                    Of my heart's love."

                                                    -Sri Chinmoy

                                                    In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, japmki
                                                    <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                                                    > "May each good thought be
                                                    > the ruler of my mind."
                                                    >
                                                    > -Sri Chinmoy
                                                  • doriscott20002000
                                                    Message 25 of 28 , Aug 8 12:33 PM
                                                      "From sunrise to sunrise
                                                      I have only one prayer-
                                                      God's Supreme Victory
                                                      Here on earth."

                                                      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                                                      > "May each good thought be
                                                      > the ruler of my mind."
                                                      >
                                                      > -Sri Chinmoy
                                                    • Sergy_Karov
                                                      Message 26 of 28 , Sep 15, 2004
                                                        23,448.

                                                        "Why do you think of those
                                                        Who are standing in your way?
                                                        Think only of the One
                                                        Who is your Friend,
                                                        Your Father,
                                                        Your Mother,
                                                        Your Everything
                                                        For all Eternity.
                                                        And that is the Supreme."

                                                        -Sri Chinmoy
                                                        from "Twenty-Seven Thousand Aspiration-Plants"

                                                        [unofficial version]

                                                        Sergey K.
                                                        Zurich
                                                      • t_borissova
                                                        Message 27 of 28 , Feb 8, 2005
                                                          [From Tanya]

                                                          When we do our poetic attempts, the words come usually from our
                                                          minds; sometimes they come from the hearts; at times they come
                                                          directly from our souls. But when I read Sri Chinmoy's aphorisms I
                                                          see it's not merely poetry, it is the highest truth and wisdom.

                                                          Here's a short, simple poem totally inspired by the wisdom-light of
                                                          Sri Chinmoy:

                                                          Do not be afraid
                                                          to mention God's name.

                                                          Do not tolerate
                                                          the ignorance play.

                                                          Do not hesitate
                                                          to live for God's sake.

                                                          In oneness-heart Tanya

                                                          [Thank you very much, Tanya. I remind you again that we have some
                                                          customs designed to help keep your online experience pleasant and
                                                          hassle-free. To post in the Inspiration Group, please set your
                                                          member preferences to hide your email address. Please post directly
                                                          on the Yahoo Sri Chinmoy Inspiration site (not by sending an email
                                                          from your mail account). You can use this shortcut link to message
                                                          #9286 for more details. Otherwise, I shall be forced (as the
                                                          popular song goes) to "Blame it on the Borissova." :-) -Assistant
                                                          Moderator]

                                                          http://tinyurl.com/2z72h/9286
                                                        • beverly_canada
                                                          Message 28 of 28 , Feb 10, 2005
                                                            Hello Tanya!
                                                            It is good to see another posting by you. I particularly like the
                                                            last line in your poem, "Do not hesitate to live for God's sake. "

                                                            Beverly

                                                            --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, t_borissova