Ten Thousand Flower-Flames anniversary

  • stueywc777
    Message 1 of 19 , Jul 4, 2004
      Saturday July 3 marked the anniversary of Sri Chinmoy's completion
      of Ten Thousand Flower-Flames. This was a series of aphorisms
      presented in 100 volumes containing 10,000 perfect entries - an epic
      of magnificent proportions. We celebrated it in the centre on Sunday
      evening with long readings from many of the volumes. And let it be
      known that after Sri Chinmoy completed this series, he finished
      another 27,000 aphorisms in his Twenty-Seven Thousand Aspiration-
      Plants, and is a long way toward reaching his new goal of 77,000 in
      his Seventy-Seven Thousand Service-Trees. He is our aspiration and
      inspiration when it comes to the ideal of self-transcendence.
    • goldenboat27
      Message 2 of 19 , Jul 5, 2004
        Long Flower-Flames readings? Yaaaaay Perth -- sorry, I'll stop this
        now...

        Here in Canberra, we'll be celebrating by reading Flower-Flames for
        27 hours -- that is, nine members of the Centre reading for three
        hours each. We're all "rostered" to read, so that at all times
        during that 27-hour period (starting 9pm Wednesday, finishing
        midnight Friday), there is someone reading Flower-Flames.

        We did something similar last year with the Aspiration-Plants
        anniversary. A total buzz!

        Mark

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, stueywc777
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Saturday July 3 marked the anniversary of Sri Chinmoy's completion
        > of Ten Thousand Flower-Flames. This was a series of aphorisms
        > presented in 100 volumes containing 10,000 perfect entries - an
        > epic of magnificent proportions. We celebrated it in the centre on
        > Sunday evening with long readings from many of the volumes. And
        > let it be known that after Sri Chinmoy completed this series, he
        > finished another 27,000 aphorisms in his Twenty-Seven Thousand
        > Aspiration-Plants, and is a long way toward reaching his new goal
        > of 77,000 in his Seventy-Seven Thousand Service-Trees. He is our
        > aspiration and inspiration when it comes to the ideal of
        > self-transcendence.
      • nayaknayaknayak
        Message 3 of 19 , Jul 6, 2004
          The Ten Thousand Flower-Flames odyssey was a part of our lives for a
          very long time. Regularly, the volumes would come out, and we would
          devour them. The voice of the beyond, for sure.

          When it ended, it was as if we all ended an ultramarathon. So
          memorable. So fruitful. You can open any of those books by Sri
          Chinmoy to a random page, and if you can live the truth of that one
          poem, you can realize God.

          So, I felt an empty space when that ended. Then, suddenly, Seventy-
          Seven Thousand Service-Trees came along. The empty space was not
          only filled, but expanded.

          I simply cannot believe, with my human perception, how one man can
          have a never-ending stream of unique and satisfying and brilliant
          poems. My faith accepts it 100%. It is a little window into the
          infinity of Creation.

          Yours,

          Nayak

          <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > Saturday July 3 marked the anniversary of Sri Chinmoy's completion
          > of Ten Thousand Flower-Flames. This was a series of aphorisms
          > presented in 100 volumes containing 10,000 perfect entries - an
          > epic of magnificent proportions. We celebrated it in the centre on
          > Sunday evening with long readings from many of the volumes. And
          > let it be known that after Sri Chinmoy completed this series, he
          > finished another 27,000 aphorisms in his Twenty-Seven Thousand
          > Aspiration-Plants, and is a long way toward reaching his new goal
          > of 77,000 in his Seventy-Seven Thousand Service-Trees. He is our
          > aspiration and inspiration when it comes to the ideal of
          > self-transcendence.
        • martanda_s
          Message 4 of 19 , Jul 9, 2004
            I agree, Nayak.

            The poems of the Seventy-Seven Thousand Service-Trees are windows
            into infinity. The author (Sri Chinmoy) must be in touch with a
            higher source of wisdom and creativity, and he proves it 77.000
            times! I was going to post something along those lines, and you
            formulated it for me. Thank you.

            Martanda

            --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, nayaknayaknayak
            <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > The Ten Thousand Flower-Flames odyssey was a part of our lives for
            > a very long time. Regularly, the volumes would come out, and we
            > would devour them. The voice of the beyond, for sure.
            >
            > When it ended, it was as if we all ended an ultramarathon. So
            > memorable. So fruitful. You can open any of those books by Sri
            > Chinmoy to a random page, and if you can live the truth of that
            > one poem, you can realize God.
            >
            > So, I felt an empty space when that ended. Then, suddenly,
            > Seventy- Seven Thousand Service-Trees came along. The empty space
            > was not only filled, but expanded.
            >
            > I simply cannot believe, with my human perception, how one man can
            > have a never-ending stream of unique and satisfying and brilliant
            > poems. My faith accepts it 100%. It is a little window into the
            > infinity of Creation.
            >
            > Yours,
            >
            > Nayak
            >

            > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, stueywc777
            > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > > Saturday July 3 marked the anniversary of Sri Chinmoy's
            > > completion of Ten Thousand Flower-Flames. This was a series of
            > > aphorisms presented in 100 volumes containing 10,000 perfect
            > > entries - an epic of magnificent proportions. We celebrated it
            > > in the centre on Sunday evening with long readings from many of
            > > the volumes. And let it be known that after Sri Chinmoy
            > > completed this series, he finished another 27,000 aphorisms in
            > > his Twenty-Seven Thousand Aspiration-Plants, and is a long way
            > > toward reaching his new goal of 77,000 in his Seventy-Seven
            > > Thousand Service-Trees. He is our aspiration and inspiration
            > > when it comes to the ideal of self-transcendence.
          • martinfromzurich
            Message 5 of 19 , Aug 2, 2004
              120

              "If there is no love-foundation,
              There cannot be
              Any perfection-edifice."

              -Sri Chinmoy
            • martinfromzurich
              Message 6 of 19 , Aug 9, 2004
                173

                "Forgiveness-flower
                Is infinitely more beautiful
                Than anything else."

                -Sri Chinmoy
              • putrima21
                Message 7 of 19 , Sep 2, 2004
                  It is amazing, how time flies and how Sri Chinmoy always fulfills
                  and transcends his unimaginable promises! I remember how in 1998
                  after finishing 27,000 Aspiration-Plants, Sri Chinmoy announced that
                  his Inner Pilot commanded him to embark on a new journey and write
                  77,000 poems. We had no idea how long it would take. The poems are
                  published in volumes of 1000 poems. And the newest 39th volume that
                  just arrived marks the halfway point. In the middle of the latest
                  volume, poem 38,500 is printed on blue paper with drawings of birds
                  by Sri Chinmoy. This poem became a song during yesterday's meeting
                  and was beautifully performed by a women's singing group. Below is
                  poem no. 38,500:

                  "My Journey's Half!
                  You and I are
                  The silver tears
                  Of a God-crying heart
                  And
                  The gold smiles
                  Of a God-serving life."

                  Madal
                  C.K.G.
                  Chinmoy Kumar Ghose
                  Sri Chinmoy

                  This achievement is remarkable. I am so proud and inspired to be
                  patient and achieve goals in my life with Sri Chinmoy's guidance.

                  Putrima
                  Message 8 of 19 , Sep 2, 2004
                    Dear Putrima,

                    Thanks so much for sharing the halfway poem and song with us. The
                    Service-Tree poems are my current favorites, and I am so impressed
                    that the volume containing the halfway point is now published. I too
                    remember when this Service-Trees journey first began. I eagerly look
                    forward to receiving the book.

                    Sharani Robins
                    Rhode Island, USA

                    p.s. Thanks to all of you who have been sharing your marathon
                    stories. I was not in New York on that day of Celebrations, and I'm
                    drinking in all the eloquent depictions of your marathon experiences.

                    --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, putrima21
                    <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                    > It is amazing, how time flies and how Sri Chinmoy always fulfills
                    > and transcends his unimaginable promises! I remember how in 1998
                    > after finishing 27,000 Aspiration-Plants, Sri Chinmoy announced
                    > that his Inner Pilot commanded him to embark on a new journey and
                    > write 77,000 poems. We had no idea how long it would take. The
                    > poems are published in volumes of 1000 poems. And the newest 39th
                    > volume that just arrived marks the halfway point. In the middle of
                    > the latest volume, poem 38,500 is printed on blue paper with
                    > drawings of birds by Sri Chinmoy. This poem became a song during
                    > yesterday's meeting and was beautifully performed by a women's
                    > singing group. Below is poem no. 38,500:
                    >
                    > "My Journey's Half!
                    > You and I are
                    > The silver tears
                    > Of a God-crying heart
                    > And
                    > The gold smiles
                    > Of a God-serving life."
                    >
                    > Madal
                    > C.K.G.
                    > Chinmoy Kumar Ghose
                    > Sri Chinmoy
                    >
                    > This achievement is remarkable. I am so proud and inspired to be
                    > patient and achieve goals in my life with Sri Chinmoy's guidance.
                    >
                    > Putrima
                  • lalita_bileena
                    Message 9 of 19 , Apr 25 11:54 AM
                      [unofficial version]

                      Nr: 2,197

                      When I use God's Forgiveness
                      Inside my mind-jungle,
                      It is perishable.
                      When I use God's Forgiveness
                      Inside my Heart-garden,
                      It is imperishable.

                      Nr: 2,195

                      God's Compassion knows only nearness,
                      Oneness and fulness,
                      And never aloofness.

                      Sri Chinmoy

                      [It is good for posters to share the reason they
                      choose a particular text. Why it inspires you?]
                    • lalita_bileena
                      Message 10 of 19 , Apr 28 11:51 AM
                        [Dearest lalita_bileena, would you mind sharing with us
                        why you are posting this text by Sri Chinmoy?
                        What inspired you? This would help all of us more]

                        [unofficial]

                        2,194.

                        God-realisation and God-manifestation
                        Have to be for God's Satisfaction,
                        And for nothing else.
                        This divine message has been told
                        And retold
                        Down through the centuries.

                        2,462.

                        I am determined to transform
                        My heart's pitiful tears
                        Into my life's blissful smiles.

                        Sri Chinmoy
                      • lalita_bileena
                        Message 11 of 19 , May 23, 2005
                          I like these short poems because
                          they give me aspiration.

                          2,644.
                          My God-obedience-heart
                          Tells me that the spiritual life and I
                          Need each other at every moment.

                          Sri Chinmoy

                          2,645.
                          The mind-train usually travels downhill
                          And arrives at
                          A nowhere-station.

                          Sri Chinmoy

                          [unofficial]
                        • lalita_bileena
                          Message 12 of 19 , May 24, 2005
                            2,575.
                            Try to prove
                            To your outer life
                            That you are not
                            An insincerity-mind.
                            God's Compassion-Eye
                            Will definitely support you.

                            Sri Chinmoy

                            [unofficial]
                          • lalita_bileena
                            Message 13 of 19 , Jun 11, 2005
                              (unofficial)

                              2,198.

                              Each time I become the possessor
                              Of a divine thought,
                              I immediately jump
                              Into the cosmic Beyond.

                              2,213.

                              A self-giver
                              Is God's
                              Own extended Hands.

                              Sri Chinmoy
                            • lalita_bileena
                              Message 14 of 19 , Jun 24, 2005
                                2,830.

                                God may one day come to me:
                                This was my old way
                                Of thinking.

                                2,831.

                                God has already come:
                                This is my new way
                                Of feeling.

                                Sri Chinmoy

                                [unofficial]
                              • lalita_bileena
                                Message 15 of 19 , Jun 28, 2005
                                  34,609
                                  I must always find myself
                                  Swimming in the sea
                                  Of God-oneness-heart.

                                  34,092
                                  No life-tree
                                  Can live
                                  Without hope.

                                  34,090
                                  A soulful God-server
                                  Does not know
                                  What tiredness is.

                                  Sri Chinmoy

                                  from the book
                                  Seventy-Seven Thousand Service-Trees
                                  Nr: 35

                                  [unofficial]
                                • lalita_bileena
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Aug 1, 2005
                                    23,313

                                    God feeds us with His Bliss
                                    Only inside
                                    Our devotion-heart-temple.

                                    23,664

                                    When we are insecure,
                                    We become expert
                                    In blaming God.

                                    23,671

                                    My Lord,
                                    May my devotion
                                    Increase
                                    With every breath.

                                    Sri Chinmoy

                                    from the book:
                                    Seventy-Seven Thousand Service-Trees
                                    # 24

                                    [quotes above are unofficial]
                                  • lalita_bileena
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Aug 3, 2005
                                      23,001

                                      The heart
                                      Is the most sacred reality
                                      In each human being.

                                      23,076

                                      Even God was excited to see
                                      The complete transformation
                                      Of my life.

                                      23,118

                                      I live on
                                      My Master's
                                      Self-giving smile.

                                      Sri Chinmoy

                                      from the Book:

                                      Message 18 of 19 , Aug 8, 2005
                                        23,002

                                        May I become
                                        A deep-rooted
                                        God-faith-flower.

                                        23,305

                                        We must take care of
                                        The physical body
                                        Because inside the body
                                        Is God's representative:
                                        The soul.

                                        23,527

                                        Sleeplessly we must keep
                                        Our spiritual life
                                        In God-Love-orbit.

                                        Sri Chinmoy

                                        from the book:
                                        Seventy-Seven Thousand Service-Trees
                                        # 24

                                        [quotes above are unofficial]
                                      • beverly_canada
                                        Message 19 of 19 , Aug 10, 2005
                                          Thank-you, Lalita_Bileena, for the many beautiful aphorisms which you have
                                          chosen. Beverly

                                          --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, lalita_bileena <