Re: Sri Chinmoy's Track and Field Enthusiasm

  • nayak_lp
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 23, 2003
      Thanks, Agraha, for the reminder of Sri Chinmoy's commitment to
      sports and fitness. Your message reminded me of another glowing
      event. Many years ago, he did a 7-mile meditative run in a number of
      the U.S. states. His students lined the streets where he ran, and
      there was a pinnacle of silence among them. This great master ran by
      with fierce concentration and determination, as we all meditated. It
      was a very high experience, and it took place right on the city
      streets, right out here in bustling reality. One of the inspiring
      aspects of the event is that all of us could feel that our spiritual
      life was a very public thing, not hidden, and that it was just as
      beautiful part of manifest reality as the flowers and the trees.

      Sri Chinmoy is an outer man and an inner man. He cultivates both and
      teaches that both are a gift from the Supreme.

      Thanks for the opportunity to remember this great event.

      Yours,

      Nayak

      Some nice links are at the end here.

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, "agrahaj"