Re: OT - Soccer

  • hiddetangerman
    Message 1 of 27 , Jul 1, 2004
      Hi Jaganta!

      Thanks for your kind message.

      As you know, it's game over for us Dutchies after yesterday night,
      but Portugal deserved to win. We were just lucky it was only 2-1.
      I'm not going to watch tonight's game. Partly because I've been
      having a slight EC-overdose and partly because the Czechs are going
      to win anyways.

      My prediction is they beat Portugal in the final 2-1. Baros will
      score the deciding goal in the second half of the overtime (am I
      still eligible for the soccer ball?).

      Unfortunately my running life has suffered a bit of a setback. I
      injured myself about 2 months ago and haven't recovered yet. I tore
      a muscle in my calf when stretching (be careful stretching!).

      I hope I'll still be able to run the marathon, but it's definitely
      not going to be anywhere near my desired goal time. Ah well, that's
      life. It's an opportunity to practice the immortal Olympic motto:
      participating is more important than winning!

      Take care and I'll see you in August.

      Hidde

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, jaganta94
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > Hi Champ,
      >
      > nice to meet you. I am sharing your spiritual insights about the
      > matches and this EC. I know you are an excellent soccer player but
      > you are concentrating now on running. I hope you will be the man of
      > the "impossible task," if you know what I mean... I believe in you!
      >
      > Compliments for your Dutch team. VanNistelrooy did one of the most
      > beatiful goals in this EC against Germany, didn't he?
      >
      > So what is your dream final? Do you believe in the flying Dutch or
      > in the Czech certainty journey, or could it be a joyful Portuguese
      > homerun or an incredible Greek Olympic miracle?
      >
      > with soccer joy Jaganta
      >
      > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, hiddetangerman
      > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > [From Hidde]
      > >
      > > As these exciting European Championships approach their final
      > > destination, I feel inclined to share a few spiritual insights
      > > that occured to me while watching the matches.
      > >
      > > It's so inspiring to see that each team is bringing to the fore
      > > the good, divine qualities of the country it represents. For
      > > instance, the enthusiasm and team-spirit of the Greeks, the
      > > determination and eagerness of the Portuguese, the optimism and
      > > kindness of the Danes and the sacrifice and oneness of the Czechs.
      > >
      > > Sri Chinmoy once said that the aspiration of his students can and
      > > does influence not only their near and dear ones, but also their
      > > country as a whole, in a very positive way.
      > >
      > > On that note, I couldn't help thinking of all those eager and
      > > hard- working Czech students of Sri Chinmoy, as I watched their
      > > national soccer team waltz over the Danes in yesterday's match.
      > > Such indomitable strength they showed!
      > >
      > > Everybody I've talked to feels that this European Cup is somehow
      > > very special, very extraordinary and very positive. Sri Chinmoy
      > > commented at the beginning of this year that the month of June
      > > would be very significant from the spiritual point of view. It
      > > certainly shows in this great event that brings so many people
      > > from so many different backgrounds together in a spirit of oneness
      > > and enthusiasm.
      > >

      > > I wish you all much soccer-joy for the remaining matches.
      > >
      > > Hup, Holland, Hup!!!
      > >

      > > Hidde
    • martinfromzurich
      Message 2 of 27 , Aug 5, 2004
        Hi Jaganta

        Now that you told us that you live in Sicily,
        I have your enthusiastic face clearly in front of me,
        and I have to admit that you might be the greatest
        soccer-fan of all Sri Chinmoy's students.
        Keep your enthusiasm, it inspires us a lot!