Sri Chinmoy's Achievements

  • Walter Dorn
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2003
      Every and every person who has studied with Sri Chinmoy will be able to
      make his or her own list of Sri Chinmoy's most significant areas of
      achievement. Here, I offer my first four, in the order in which I
      value them. More to come.

      1. Master of Meditation. Sri Chinmoy perfected meditation during his
      years of practice in India, meditating sometimes more than eight hours
      a day. For me, the degree of his achievement in meditation is readily
      apparent from the inner light that radiates from his many people,
      myself included, who have had visions, dreams and powerful meditations
      of our own involving Sri Chinmoy. These inner experiences only
      confirm, in a way that no outer experience can, the inner height and
      power of the meditation master.

      2. Spiritual Teacher. In addition to being inspiring and illuming Sri
      Chinmoy's teachings provide the most comprehensive, self-consistent and
      clear set of explanations about the experience that we call life, both
      inner and outer. I have had the good fortunate of studying in depth
      three of the world's great religions (Christianity, Hinduism and
      Buddhism), and have read the writings of many saints and sages from
      different ages. Earlier in my life, I trained to become a Christian
      minister, and I also studied under several other spiritual masters, but
      I have found in Sri Chinmoy's philosophy such a wide range and deep
      understanding of life that my seeming insatiable string of questions
      and my quest for understanding has been quenched. Now I realize that
      it is in the practice of these teachings that real satisfaction
      comes. Here, again, Sri Chinmoy is a perfect example.

      3. Prolific and Manifold Author. Sri Chinmoy's writings will be
      valued by generations and for incarnations to come. They are a life-
      boat to seekers trying to make sense of life and find peace within.
      Not only do these writings embody his teachings, they also contain
      inspiration for the spiritual seeker, including some of the most
      beautiful poems ever written. The book, My Flute, is filled with
      rhyming metered poetry that is as sublime as one can find. But
      spiritual philosophy and poetry form only a part, albeit the most
      important part for me, of his writings. He has also written hundreds
      of books of stories, many drawn from his own unique life.

      For an unprecedented selection of Sri Chinmoy's electronic writings
      see: www.srichinmoylibrary.com

      Other categories to be covered in subsequent e-mails are: sportsman
      extraordinaire, musician incomparable and artist fantastique.
    • agrahaj <agraha@bontempi.net>
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 13, 2003
        Dear Walter,

        Thank you for your extremely, extremely inspiring message. I look
        forward to seeing the areas you will be adding as well and also
        areas others will add. I would like to add one field to your list,
        Friend of Friends.

        Whenever I need help, encouragement, inspiration or upliftment, Sri
        Chinmoy is there for me--and I know he is there for all of us. He is
        so utterly selfless and self-giving and his oneness with humanity is
        so profound, that if anyone really needs help, he is there!

        Recently I had a very sore disappointment. I tried very, very hard
        to achieve something and did not succeed at all. The day before the
        final message of refusal came, Sri Chinmoy said to me that I must
        put into practice one of the great lessons of the Bhagavad Gita--
        that we are entitled to our actions, but we must surrender the
        fruits of our actions to the Supreme and then move onwards!

        What a friend Sri Chinmoy is I cannot express in words! Imagine Sri
        Chinmoy's love that he would realise the intense pain I would feel
        and give me a specific solution to go beyond that pain -- and all in
        advance of its happening!!!

        With all of Sri Chinmoy's friends, no matter what status the person
        has, his love is so healing, so perfect in the way it is offered to
        the person.

        I thank you once again, Walter, for your most inspiring posting.

        Agraha

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, "Walter Dorn"
        <Walter.Dorn@r...> wrote:

> [...]
        > boat to seekers trying to make sense of life and find peace
        within.
        > Not only do these writings embody his teachings, they also contain
        > inspiration for the spiritual seeker, including some of the most
        > beautiful poems ever written. The book, My Flute, is filled with
        > rhyming metered poetry that is as sublime as one can find. But
        > spiritual philosophy and poetry form only a part, albeit the most
        > important part for me, of his writings. He has also written
        hundreds
        > of books of stories, many drawn from his own unique life.
        >
        > For an unprecedented selection of Sri Chinmoy's electronic
        writings
        > see: www.srichinmoylibrary.com
        >
        > Other categories to be covered in subsequent e-mails are:
        sportsman
        > extraordinaire, musician incomparable and artist fantastique.
      • Anneshan Dorn
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 22, 2003

          Each and every person who has studied with Sri Chinmoy will be able to make his or her own list of Sri Chinmoy's most significant areas of achievement.  Here, I offer my top three, in the order in which I most value them, with more to come.

          1. Master of Meditation.  Sri Chinmoy perfected meditation during his many years of practice in India, meditating sometimes more than eight hours a day.  For me, the degree of his achievement in meditation is readily apparent from the inner light that radiates from his face and the peace that is felt in his presence.  In addition, many people, myself included, have had visions, dreams and powerful meditations of our own involving Sri Chinmoy.  These inner experiences confirm, in a way that no outer experience can, the inner height and power of the meditation master.

          2. Spiritual Teacher.  In addition to being inspiring and illuming, Sri Chinmoy's teachings provide the most comprehensive, self-consistent and clear set of explanations about the experience that we call life, both inner and outer.  It's priceless to have such a solid, deep and comprehensive foundation for living.  I have had the good fortunate of studying in depth three of the world's great religions (Christianity, Hinduism and Buddhism), and have read the writings of many saints and sages from different ages.  Earlier in my life, I trained to become a Christian minister, and I also studied under several other spiritual masters, but I have found in Sri Chinmoy's philosophy such a wide range and deep understanding of life that my seemingly endless string of questions and my insatiable quest for answers has been quenched.  Now I realize that it is in the practice of these teachings that real satisfaction comes.   Here, again, Sri Chinmoy is a perfect example.

          3. Prolific and Manifold Author.  Sri Chinmoy's writings will be valued by generations and for incarnations to come.  They are a life-boat to seekers trying to make sense of life and find peace within.  Hours and days can be spent reading and re-reading his diverse writings.  Not only do these writings embody his teachings, they also contain inspiration for the spiritual seeker, including some of the most beautiful poems ever written.  The book, My Flute, is filled with rhyming metered poetry that is as sublime as one can find.  But spiritual philosophy and poetry form only a part, albeit the most important part for me, of his writings.  He has also written hundreds of books of stories, many drawn from his own unique life.

          Experience the beauty of Sri Chinmoy's writings for yourself by delving into the wonderful resource to be found at site: www.srichinmoylibrary.com . It allows you to search on just about any subject you can imagine.

          Other categories of Sri Chinmoy's achievements to be covered in subsequent e-mails are: sportsman extraordinaire, musician incomparable and artist fantastique.

          Anneshan