Re: help - Yuliya from Calgary

  • kamalika_gyorgyjakab
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 1, 2004
      Priviet Yulia,

      I am in a rush now, this e-mail is only to convey to you, that there
      are more people who suddenly left a big centre and found themselves
      in a place with not too many Sri Chinmoy students (at least there
      are some here)... In October last year I left a centre of over a
      hundred people and moved to a country where there are only two
      ladies.

      Anyway, Svetlana from Luxembourg is Russian - she is a heart of
      compassion and service incarnate; thanks to her my move into this
      new country was much, much easier.

      The other day I spoke to her about you, and she would like to write
      to you. Please send your address (not e-mail address, but postal
      address) and fax number (if you have any) in a message marked "NOT
      FOR POSTING." Send this to the Inspiration Group by going here:

      Our Assistant Moderator will kindly forward it to me. I will pass it
      on to Svetlana and she can contact you then.

      And keep your chin up, the time will come when you will be
      independent enough to buy yourself a ticket not to Edmonton, but to
      NY itself!

      Love,
      Kamalika
    • sarada1007
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 1, 2004
        Hello Yuliya (but you say your name like the English name 'Julia'?).
        I am trying to spell it correctly, though. We English are notorious
        for not trying to speak other languages, so this is my small
        contribution. Hello Palyati, as well. You two have given me a fine
        geography lesson. First I looked for Volgograd on the map and then
        Calgary. And then I looked at Alaska, but I didn't know where
        Palyati lived exactly.

        Very good, I am nicely informed now.

        Yuliya your story is quite amazing. Did I understand correctly, that
        you became a vegetarian and started running before you even found
        out about the Sri Chimmoy Centres? You have a very clever soul, a
        little forceful maybe, but very insightful. To fill in your
        application form on your 18th birthday, as well, that is really
        something special.

        I'm afraid I don't know anybody from Volgograd, and I suppose you
        need to get in touch with the centres somehow, don't you? If you
        have any old phone numbers from Russia, like the number of the
        restaurant for example, you can call them. They will give you
        information about the centres in Canada. We are quite a close-knit
        community and usually everybody knows everybody else, or knows of
        them at least.

        Well, I hope that helps you a little bit. Palyati also gives some
        very sound advice. The inner connection, if you can cultivate it, is
        really the most important thing. A true teacher can feed the soul
        from any distance.

        Bye for now...
        Sarada

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, palyati_007

      • heartflower27
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 1, 2004
          Hullo, Yuliya! Greetings from Melbourne, in The Land Down Under
          (Australia). Thank-you for sharing with all of us your amazing and
          inspiring life story. I came to Sri Chinmoy's path when I was 26
          years old, so you are very fortunate that you found your Master so
          early.

          I am very happy that you have already received so many helpful,
          caring responses from your sisters and brothers all over the world.
          Also, I am very pleased that you now feel better.

          There is an excerpt from the writings of Sri Chinmoy which I
          received many years ago, so I do not know its precise origin. On
          this printed sheet is also a very special picture of Sri Chinmoy,
          taken when he was in an extremely high consciousness.

          Since I was unable to get in to do a search at

          http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com

          I will now type up this message for you. I hope it will help you
          greatly. I have this message mounted in a little perspex frame above
          one of my desks at home, so that I can be reminded of it very often.

          "Whether you are meditating
          In your Master's physical presence
          Or somewhere else is unimportant.
          No matter where you are,
          If you think of your Master
          And meditate soulfully,
          You are bound to get his inner guidance.
          And this inner guidance,
          Which is his inner oneness with you,
          Will last forever and forever."

          -- Sri Chinmoy

          With kindest best wishes for you,

          Prashphutita

          PS Please keep posting messages for us; we all love to read them!

          <no_reply@y...> wrote:
> [...]
          > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > > > [From Julia]
          > > >
          > > > Hello to everybody! I am new here!
          > > >
          > > > My name is Julia and I am from Russia, Volgograd. Now I live
          > > > with my family in Calgary, Canada. I am a new disciple, but I
          > > > have a problem - I am alone here, there are no disciples in
          > > > Calgary, no center. I am trying to do my best anyway, but it is
          > > > very hard: I am jumping from complete isolation from the world
          > > > to complete openeness, trying to balance them both. I am 18.
          > > > There is a center in Edmonton, but another problem occurs - I
          > > > have no money to go there every week.
          > > >
          > > > I am completely lost and you are the only people who will know
          > > > it. I am missing Russian disciples so much, I am missing the
          > > > Russian center, I am missing Sri Chinmoy... Thank you, Supreme,
          > > > that I feel you are with me, anyway.
          > > >
          > > > Please, help me. Sometimes I feel that my inner child is crying

        • palyati_007
          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 3, 2004
            Hi Sarada,

            I live in Anchorage, Alaska.

            Palyati

            <no_reply@y...> wrote:
> [...]
            > > > am accepted or not.
            > > >
            > > > It is sad for me to be 'alone" here with no center and
            > > > disciples, but I am so happy that it is absolutely not true -
            > > > because I have all of you! Oh, My Supreme, for the first time
            > > > in a long time after leaving the Russian center I am feeling
            > > > such fullness.
            > > >
            > > > Does anybody know somebody from Volgograd (Evfalia, Alya, Lena
            > > > Sudarevskaya, Vlad ("Aspiration Flight")...?
            > > >
            > > > Did anybody go to Macedonia?
            > > >
            > > > Where can I find out about upcoming events in Canada?
            > > >
            > > > Did anybody have an experience of being somewhere with no
            > > > center or disciples for a long time?
            > > >
            > > > Oh My Lord, I thank you so much that I am among disciples
            > > > anyway!
            > > >
            > > > :-)))))))
            > > >
            > > > Thank you,
            > > > with love and flowers in Guru's heart, Julia (Yuliya)

          • anubha2708
            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 30, 2005
              Once when attending a class given by someone in the Centre (I wish I
              could remember who that person was!) I remember hearing something
              that, years later, has remained with very powerfully.

              They were commenting on a eastern belief that went something like
              this:
              "The greatest Blessing is to have a human incarnation so we can make
              progress on earth,
              An even greater Blessing is to lead a spiritual life in this life,
              And the greatest of all possible Blessings is to have an Avatar to
              guide and carry you along the Way."

              Now, for years I have remembered this and a few weeks ago flicking
              through a book (that I dont even remember if it was Guru's) I saw the
              actual precise wording of this prayer or prose (whatever it should be
              called). Unfortunately I didn't pay enough attention to my great
              discovery at the time.

              Is there anybody out there in any corner of the cosmos that might
              know either - where I saw this or where I might be able to find it
              perhaps somewhere else?

              Love and gratitude
              Anubha, Australia :-)
            • beverly_canada
              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 1 4:24 PM
                Dear Anubha

                The line

                "To have an Avatar as one's Guru is to have the greatest
                blessing that man can ever have."

                appears in "The Summits Of God-Life: Samadhi And Siddhi" by
                Sri Chinmoy.

                The text in its entirety can be found at can be found

                http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/summits-god-life/84.html

                (One who wonders if she can ever be grateful enough) Beverly
                --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, anubha2708
                <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                > Once when attending a class given by someone in the Centre
                (I wish I
                > could remember who that person was!) I remember hearing
                something
                > that, years later, has remained with very powerfully.
                >
                > They were commenting on a eastern belief that went
                something like
                > this:
                > "The greatest Blessing is to have a human incarnation so we
                can make
                > progress on earth,
                > An even greater Blessing is to lead a spiritual life in this life,
                > And the greatest of all possible Blessings is to have an Avatar
                > guide and carry you along the Way."
                >
                > Now, for years I have remembered this and a few weeks ago
                flicking
                > through a book (that I dont even remember if it was Guru's) I
                saw the
                > actual precise wording of this prayer or prose (whatever it
                should be
                > called). Unfortunately I didn't pay enough attention to my great
                > discovery at the time.
                >
                > Is there anybody out there in any corner of the cosmos that
                might
                > know either - where I saw this or where I might be able to find it
                > perhaps somewhere else?
                >
                > Love and gratitude
                > Anubha, Australia :-)
              • durba_l
                Message 7 of 16 , Aug 3 9:10 PM
                  When I first started attending classes, I remembered at one
                  time I was habouring doubts about the relevance of having a
                  spiritual teacher in my life and the authenticity of what
                  people said about Sri Chinmoy.

                  I was born a Buddhist and even though I did not have any
                  Buddhist religious upbringing, I have a very strong love for
                  the Buddha. Once as a child, my mother took us to see a movie
                  about the life of the Buddha. The Buddha in the movie
                  captured my little heart and since then I always cherished
                  the idea that to be able to sit at the Buddha's feet is the
                  greatest blessing.

                  Hence, at this stage when I was poised on whether to become a
                  student of Sri Chinmoy, something in me came to the fore to
                  counter my initial doubt, "What if the Buddha is alive now
                  and people told you about him but you didn't believe them ?"
                  The thought of missing out the chance to see the Buddha was
                  unbearable, I had to see for myself, so I ask to be a student
                  of Sri Chinmoy. The rest was history ...

                  I found my sentiment echoed many years later in this
                  particular utterances of Sister Christine with regards to her
                  Guru, Swami Vivekananda, "Blessed is the country in which he
                  was born, blessed are they who lived on this earth at the
                  same time, and blessed, thrice blessed are the few who sat at
                  his feet..."

                  Sister Christine was one of the closest disciples of Swami
                  Vivekananda. Against all odds and in extremely trying
                  circumstances, she did Swami Vivekananda's work in India by
                  teaching to the women of India and helping them in as many
                  ways as she could. She is remembered as a woman of great
                  spiritual accomplishment and bravery.

                  I feel very very blessed, indeedÂ…