Re: My approach to running

  • maleenendra13
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2004
      This is certainly a unique method of conquering the mental barrier
      of running. I think it's great!! If only I had access to such
      running assistants. Are you sure you're not just "horsing" around
      (poor joke!)

      I struck out this afternoon for a quick spin around the local
      college. It starts with about 1 mile totally uphill and then turns a
      corner to circumnavigate in a gentle downhill around the entire
      perimeter of the school.

      Stuart C and I were pacing against each other, and it was really fun
      - almost like a two mile race (but a little less intense). My watch
      has a really cool function where you can set a particular
      rate/minute beeping sound that essentially keeps the pace for you.
      It works very well and it a good indicator of how I'm feeling during
      the run.

      Running for me is also an enormous challenge, but extremely
      satisfying. I love it! To give the physical momentum and direction
      in a concentrated effort parallels the significance of the inner
      running and the outer running.

      I'm now looking forward to tomorrow's run with renewed vigour and
      enthusiasm!

      Let's reach the goal!
      Maleenendra

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, chahida77
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > Since running daily is one of the major challenges in my life, I
      > have been looking for some new inspiration to prevent my mind from
      > torturing me constantly while running. My parents own quite a few
      > different animals, and I have always been extremely fond of them.
      > That's why I got the idea: Why not take them with me on my runs? To
      > go jogging with our dog Nina is a really helpful thing. Having the
      > help of a dog's eagerness and enthusiasm is indeed inspiring – and
      > she is so grateful I am taking her along.
      >
      > Next I invited our goats! :-) but there was no way of convincing
      > them to join me, so it was the horses' turn next. They are not
      > really used to running this way, but they liked it a lot. You can
      > imagine that it is not so easy to keep pace with a horse and to hold
      > it back – but it absolutely serves its purpose, because I am so
      > engaged in taming and being fast enough that I totally forgot I am
      > actually running. The other side-effect is that now I can really
      > enjoy running alone IN PEACE! That is of course the most effective
      > way, because you can also get the spiritual benefit of consciously
      > getting in tune with the cosmic energy and your inner self.
      >
      > So now whenever I don't feel like running at all, I choose the
      > dog-and horse-support-solution...
      >
      > I hope everybody else is doing well with their running. I send you
      > lots of inspiration and heartful greetings from the beautiful city
      > of Salzburg,
      >
      > Chahida
    • bartikasumann
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 6, 2004
        Hi Chahida,

        may I borrow the horse to go running? Anyway, I just started the
        training for the marathon again, and I am happy to make some progress
        after such a long time off. But I really do need some more
        inspiration.

        By the way, did you visit

        http://www.cosmos-heart.com/

        already? It is really nice.