Re: My approach to running

  • anami2708
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2004
      Dear Chahida,

      Your story about dog- and horse-support while running makes me
      happily think of my similar experiences.

      Bringing a dog along for a run is quite common I guess; and for a
      long time I always borrowed dogs from friends, neighbours, and so
      on. The dogs always enjoyed these runs, and got used to it quite
      soon. But there are also dogs who are totally untrained, and they
      have to be trained to become better.

      The first horse-run I did was quite surprising for the horse. But I
      absolutely liked it, and it seemed that the horse also enjoyed
      running. Later, mostly at the end of our run, we had a proper, fast
      gallop without saddle. The horse, which I also borrowed from a
      friend, liked this kind of finish, because this horse (named Gea)
      also liked to run very fast. It always inspired me - the speed of a
      galloping horse, running freely and with ease and joy. You can feel
      it if the horse has joy while galloping; and you can feel its
      tremendous power. It was a great time....

      Unfortunately, I am still not able to do a proper run because of a
      bony spur (or skid?) on the sole of my heel which causes pain. Now I
      can walk without pain, but I do not really dare to start running
      again. What to do? Patience ! ?

      Greetings to all runners - it is so satisfying to run!!!
      Anami

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, chahida77
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > Since running daily is one of the major challenges in my life, I
      > have been looking for some new inspiration to prevent my mind from
      > torturing me constantly while running. My parents own quite a few
      > different animals, and I have always been extremely fond of them.
      > That's why I got the idea: Why not take them with me on my runs? To
      > go jogging with our dog Nina is a really helpful thing. Having the
      > help of a dog's eagerness and enthusiasm is indeed inspiring – and
      > she is so grateful I am taking her along.
      >
      > Next I invited our goats! :-) but there was no way of convincing
      > them to join me, so it was the horses' turn next. They are not
      > really used to running this way, but they liked it a lot. You can
      > imagine that it is not so easy to keep pace with a horse and to hold
      > it back – but it absolutely serves its purpose, because I am so
      > engaged in taming and being fast enough that I totally forgot I am
      > actually running. The other side-effect is that now I can really
      > enjoy running alone IN PEACE! That is of course the most effective
      > way, because you can also get the spiritual benefit of consciously
      > getting in tune with the cosmic energy and your inner self.
      >
      > So now whenever I don't feel like running at all, I choose the
      > dog-and horse-support-solution...
      >
      > I hope everybody else is doing well with their running. I send you
      > lots of inspiration and heartful greetings from the beautiful city
      > of Salzburg,
      >
      > Chahida
    • maleenendra13
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2004
        This is certainly a unique method of conquering the mental barrier
        of running. I think it's great!! If only I had access to such
        running assistants. Are you sure you're not just "horsing" around
        (poor joke!)

        I struck out this afternoon for a quick spin around the local
        college. It starts with about 1 mile totally uphill and then turns a
        corner to circumnavigate in a gentle downhill around the entire
        perimeter of the school.

        Stuart C and I were pacing against each other, and it was really fun
        - almost like a two mile race (but a little less intense). My watch
        has a really cool function where you can set a particular
        rate/minute beeping sound that essentially keeps the pace for you.
        It works very well and it a good indicator of how I'm feeling during
        the run.

        Running for me is also an enormous challenge, but extremely
        satisfying. I love it! To give the physical momentum and direction
        in a concentrated effort parallels the significance of the inner
        running and the outer running.

        I'm now looking forward to tomorrow's run with renewed vigour and
        enthusiasm!

        Let's reach the goal!
        Maleenendra

        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Since running daily is one of the major challenges in my life, I
        > have been looking for some new inspiration to prevent my mind from
        > torturing me constantly while running. My parents own quite a few
        > different animals, and I have always been extremely fond of them.
        > That's why I got the idea: Why not take them with me on my runs? To
        > go jogging with our dog Nina is a really helpful thing. Having the
        > help of a dog's eagerness and enthusiasm is indeed inspiring – and
        > she is so grateful I am taking her along.
        >
        > Next I invited our goats! :-) but there was no way of convincing
        > them to join me, so it was the horses' turn next. They are not
        > really used to running this way, but they liked it a lot. You can
        > imagine that it is not so easy to keep pace with a horse and to hold
        > it back – but it absolutely serves its purpose, because I am so
        > engaged in taming and being fast enough that I totally forgot I am
        > actually running. The other side-effect is that now I can really
        > enjoy running alone IN PEACE! That is of course the most effective
        > way, because you can also get the spiritual benefit of consciously
        > getting in tune with the cosmic energy and your inner self.
        >
        > So now whenever I don't feel like running at all, I choose the
        > dog-and horse-support-solution...
        >
        > I hope everybody else is doing well with their running. I send you
        > lots of inspiration and heartful greetings from the beautiful city
        > of Salzburg,
        >
        > Chahida
      • bartikasumann
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 6, 2004
          Hi Chahida,

          may I borrow the horse to go running? Anyway, I just started the
          training for the marathon again, and I am happy to make some progress
          after such a long time off. But I really do need some more
          inspiration.

          By the way, did you visit

          http://www.cosmos-heart.com/

          already? It is really nice.