Re: great meditation teachers

  • alex_syberia
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2004
      Dear Nurari,

      I have received inspiration from your message. I would be
      extremely eager to find the song "Buddham saranam... ", but I cannot
      find the notes in any way. Unfortunately, it is not present on:

      http://www.srichinmoysongs.com

      If you could help me find it, I would be very happy. During a run, I
      frequently sing songs to myself, and it gives me inspiration and
      added force for a successful run.

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, nurarimerry
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > [From Nurari]
      >
      > Whilst running this morning I had an insight into how inspiration
      > from one great Teacher can grow into a connection with great
      > meditation Teachers from the past. I was timing myself for 2 miles
      > (I am not too technical, using my alarm clock!). I was singing to
      > myself the chant "Buddham saranam gacchami, Dhammam saranam
      > gacchami, Sangham saranam gacchami" [The Three Refuges], which Sri
      > Chinmoy has set to music. It is very rhythmic and kept me going. At
      > one point I felt a lightnesss and clarity enter into me. While going
      > home all the flowers seemed extra beautiful. At work later,
      > customers commented how peaceful it was in the cafe and I felt more
      > inspired than I have done for a while. I realised how meditating
      > with Sri Chinmoy has given me a closeness to the Lord Buddha, Sri
      > Krishna and other Teachers that I could never have dreamed of. It is
      > something completely unexpected and humbling that I am grateful for.
    • nurarimerry
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 2, 2004
        [From Nurari]

        Dear Alex

        I can fax you a copy. Can you contact me privately with a fax
        number? Or you could try reaching Tanima in New York who is a living
        encyclopedia of Sri Chinmoy's music!

        Nurari

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, alex_syberia