Home alone

  • martanda_s
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 30, 2004
      A few years ago I lived alone in Bergen, a town on the west coast of
      Norway. I stayed there for about 15 months. Twice a week I usually
      dressed up and had "centre meditations." On these nights I felt a
      special presence - I always had good meditations. The meditations
      were more intense than the regular morning meditations. I think my
      meditation teacher worked some magic on these nights. When I
      meditate with others, I take the enhanced atmosphere for granted,
      but meditating alone I was more sensitive to the magic.

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, angel27loving
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > [From Julia]
      > .....Did anybody have an experience of being somewhere with no
      > center or disciples for a long time?
      >
      > Oh My Lord, I thank you so much that I am among disciples anyway!
      >
      > :-)))))))
      >
      > Thank you,
      > with love and flowers in Guru's heart, Julia (Yuliya)
    • palyati_007
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 30, 2004
        Dear Julia,

        Do not despair. Do not panic. You will be fine.

        I have experience in being alone and far away from centre
        activities. You are about 3 hours by car to the centre in Edmonton.
        I live in Alaska, 3 hours by plane to the nearest centre in Seattle
        and I've been on the path for 14 years. You can do this.

        Now is the time to concentrate on your meditation and establishing
        your inner oneness with your Guru. Read the books, phone the centre
        in Edmonton, ask Srutika to phone you. Think of the Supreme in your
        Guru instead of your situation. Consider that you are manifesting
        God in how you interact with others. Take every opportunity for self
        transformation. Always, always, keep the Supreme in your Guru in
        your mind and heart. Work very hard at keeping the inner connection.
        That's where progress is made.

        Remember you are in the best of care in Guru's heart. Keep happy and
        smiling. Perhaps one day you will have much greater opportunity to
        join in centre activities.

        Love,
        Palyati

        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
> [...]
        > here in Calgary, I was told that Guru had accepted me on February
        > 13th! So February 13th is my "soul's brithday," which I guess
        > makes me four and a half months old! :-)
        >
        > Now I am here, with all of you (Thank You, Supreme!). I have two
        > jobs, but I have to help my parents to pay all the bills that
        > come, so right now it is kind of difficult to save something. I
        > also have applied to the University of Calgary for East Asian
        > Studies, and in a week I will be notified if I am accepted or not.
        >
        > It is sad for me to be 'alone" here with no center and disciples,
        > but I am so happy that it is absolutely not true - because I have
        > all of you! Oh, My Supreme, for the first time in a long time
        > after leaving the Russian center I am feeling such fullness.
        >
        > Does anybody know somebody from Volgograd (Evfalia, Alya, Lena
        > Sudarevskaya, Vlad ("Aspiration Flight")...?
        >
        > Did anybody go to Macedonia?
        >
        > Where can I find out about upcoming events in Canada?
        >
        > Did anybody have an experience of being somewhere with no center
        > or disciples for a long time?
        >
        > Oh My Lord, I thank you so much that I am among disciples anyway!
        >
        > :-)))))))
        >
        > Thank you,
        > with love and flowers in Guru's heart, Julia (Yuliya)
        >
        > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sarada1007
        > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > > Dear Julia,
        > >
        > > Welcome! What's happening? Tell us all about your new life in
        > > Calgary. Where IS Calgary even? I'm so ignorant, I can always
        > > use a free geography lesson. Sounds like it's on the sea.
        > >
        > > By the way, you are really not alone. You have many new friends
        > > thinking of you now, I'm sure.
        > >
        > > So, here is an aphorism to cheer you up.
        > >
        > > My Supreme, My Supreme, My Supreme!
        > > If I can have God-closeness,
        > > God-faithfulness and God-devotedness,
        > > Then I have everything that I need.
        > > My Supreme, My Supreme, My Supreme!
        > >
        > > We all look forward to hearing from you very soon.
        > >
        > > With love, Sarada
        > >

        > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, angel27loving
        > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > > > [From Julia]
        > > >
        > > > Hello to everybody! I am new here!
        > > >
        > > > My name is Julia and I am from Russia, Volgograd. Now I live
        > > > with my family in Calgary, Canada. I am a new disciple, but I
        > > > have a problem - I am alone here, there are no disciples in
        > > > Calgary, no center. I am trying to do my best anyway, but it is
        > > > very hard: I am jumping from complete isolation from the world
        > > > to complete openeness, trying to balance them both. I am 18.
        > > > There is a center in Edmonton, but another problem occurs - I
        > > > have no money to go there every week.
        > > >
        > > > I am completely lost and you are the only people who will know
        > > > it. I am missing Russian disciples so much, I am missing the
        > > > Russian center, I am missing Sri Chinmoy... Thank you, Supreme,
        > > > that I feel you are with me, anyway.
        > > >
        > > > Please, help me. Sometimes I feel that my inner child is crying

      • kamalika_gyorgyjakab
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 1 9:29 AM
          Priviet Yulia,

          I am in a rush now, this e-mail is only to convey to you, that there
          are more people who suddenly left a big centre and found themselves
          in a place with not too many Sri Chinmoy students (at least there
          are some here)... In October last year I left a centre of over a
          hundred people and moved to a country where there are only two
          ladies.

          Anyway, Svetlana from Luxembourg is Russian - she is a heart of
          compassion and service incarnate; thanks to her my move into this
          new country was much, much easier.

          The other day I spoke to her about you, and she would like to write
          to you. Please send your address (not e-mail address, but postal
          address) and fax number (if you have any) in a message marked "NOT
          FOR POSTING." Send this to the Inspiration Group by going here:

          Our Assistant Moderator will kindly forward it to me. I will pass it
          on to Svetlana and she can contact you then.

          And keep your chin up, the time will come when you will be
          independent enough to buy yourself a ticket not to Edmonton, but to
          NY itself!

          Love,
          Kamalika
        • sarada1007
          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 1 10:48 AM
            Hello Yuliya (but you say your name like the English name 'Julia'?).
            I am trying to spell it correctly, though. We English are notorious
            for not trying to speak other languages, so this is my small
            contribution. Hello Palyati, as well. You two have given me a fine
            geography lesson. First I looked for Volgograd on the map and then
            Calgary. And then I looked at Alaska, but I didn't know where
            Palyati lived exactly.

            Very good, I am nicely informed now.

            Yuliya your story is quite amazing. Did I understand correctly, that
            you became a vegetarian and started running before you even found
            out about the Sri Chimmoy Centres? You have a very clever soul, a
            little forceful maybe, but very insightful. To fill in your
            application form on your 18th birthday, as well, that is really
            something special.

            I'm afraid I don't know anybody from Volgograd, and I suppose you
            need to get in touch with the centres somehow, don't you? If you
            have any old phone numbers from Russia, like the number of the
            restaurant for example, you can call them. They will give you
            information about the centres in Canada. We are quite a close-knit
            community and usually everybody knows everybody else, or knows of
            them at least.

            Well, I hope that helps you a little bit. Palyati also gives some
            very sound advice. The inner connection, if you can cultivate it, is
            really the most important thing. A true teacher can feed the soul
            from any distance.

            Bye for now...
            Sarada

            --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, palyati_007

          • heartflower27
            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 1 9:27 PM
              Hullo, Yuliya! Greetings from Melbourne, in The Land Down Under
              (Australia). Thank-you for sharing with all of us your amazing and
              inspiring life story. I came to Sri Chinmoy's path when I was 26
              years old, so you are very fortunate that you found your Master so
              early.

              I am very happy that you have already received so many helpful,
              caring responses from your sisters and brothers all over the world.
              Also, I am very pleased that you now feel better.

              There is an excerpt from the writings of Sri Chinmoy which I
              received many years ago, so I do not know its precise origin. On
              this printed sheet is also a very special picture of Sri Chinmoy,
              taken when he was in an extremely high consciousness.

              Since I was unable to get in to do a search at

              http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com

              I will now type up this message for you. I hope it will help you
              greatly. I have this message mounted in a little perspex frame above
              one of my desks at home, so that I can be reminded of it very often.

              "Whether you are meditating
              In your Master's physical presence
              Or somewhere else is unimportant.
              No matter where you are,
              If you think of your Master
              And meditate soulfully,
              You are bound to get his inner guidance.
              And this inner guidance,
              Which is his inner oneness with you,
              Will last forever and forever."

              -- Sri Chinmoy

              With kindest best wishes for you,

              Prashphutita

              PS Please keep posting messages for us; we all love to read them!

              <no_reply@y...> wrote:
> [...]
              > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
              > > > [From Julia]
              > > >
              > > > Hello to everybody! I am new here!
              > > >
              > > > My name is Julia and I am from Russia, Volgograd. Now I live
              > > > with my family in Calgary, Canada. I am a new disciple, but I
              > > > have a problem - I am alone here, there are no disciples in
              > > > Calgary, no center. I am trying to do my best anyway, but it is
              > > > very hard: I am jumping from complete isolation from the world
              > > > to complete openeness, trying to balance them both. I am 18.
              > > > There is a center in Edmonton, but another problem occurs - I
              > > > have no money to go there every week.
              > > >
              > > > I am completely lost and you are the only people who will know
              > > > it. I am missing Russian disciples so much, I am missing the
              > > > Russian center, I am missing Sri Chinmoy... Thank you, Supreme,
              > > > that I feel you are with me, anyway.
              > > >
              > > > Please, help me. Sometimes I feel that my inner child is crying

            • palyati_007
              Message 6 of 16 , Jul 3 2:56 PM
                Hi Sarada,

                I live in Anchorage, Alaska.

                Palyati

                <no_reply@y...> wrote:
> [...]
                > > > am accepted or not.
                > > >
                > > > It is sad for me to be 'alone" here with no center and
                > > > disciples, but I am so happy that it is absolutely not true -
                > > > because I have all of you! Oh, My Supreme, for the first time
                > > > in a long time after leaving the Russian center I am feeling
                > > > such fullness.
                > > >
                > > > Does anybody know somebody from Volgograd (Evfalia, Alya, Lena
                > > > Sudarevskaya, Vlad ("Aspiration Flight")...?
                > > >
                > > > Did anybody go to Macedonia?
                > > >
                > > > Where can I find out about upcoming events in Canada?
                > > >
                > > > Did anybody have an experience of being somewhere with no
                > > > center or disciples for a long time?
                > > >
                > > > Oh My Lord, I thank you so much that I am among disciples
                > > > anyway!
                > > >
                > > > :-)))))))
                > > >
                > > > Thank you,
                > > > with love and flowers in Guru's heart, Julia (Yuliya)

              • anubha2708
                Message 7 of 16 , Jul 30 11:59 PM
                  Once when attending a class given by someone in the Centre (I wish I
                  could remember who that person was!) I remember hearing something
                  that, years later, has remained with very powerfully.

                  They were commenting on a eastern belief that went something like
                  this:
                  "The greatest Blessing is to have a human incarnation so we can make
                  progress on earth,
                  An even greater Blessing is to lead a spiritual life in this life,
                  And the greatest of all possible Blessings is to have an Avatar to
                  guide and carry you along the Way."

                  Now, for years I have remembered this and a few weeks ago flicking
                  through a book (that I dont even remember if it was Guru's) I saw the
                  actual precise wording of this prayer or prose (whatever it should be
                  called). Unfortunately I didn't pay enough attention to my great
                  discovery at the time.

                  Is there anybody out there in any corner of the cosmos that might
                  know either - where I saw this or where I might be able to find it
                  perhaps somewhere else?

                  Love and gratitude
                  Anubha, Australia :-)
                • beverly_canada
                  Message 8 of 16 , Aug 1, 2005
                    Dear Anubha

                    The line

                    "To have an Avatar as one's Guru is to have the greatest
                    blessing that man can ever have."

                    appears in "The Summits Of God-Life: Samadhi And Siddhi" by
                    Sri Chinmoy.

                    The text in its entirety can be found at can be found

                    http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/summits-god-life/84.html

                    (One who wonders if she can ever be grateful enough) Beverly
                    --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, anubha2708
                    <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                    > Once when attending a class given by someone in the Centre
                    (I wish I
                    > could remember who that person was!) I remember hearing
                    something
                    > that, years later, has remained with very powerfully.
                    >
                    > They were commenting on a eastern belief that went
                    something like
                    > this:
                    > "The greatest Blessing is to have a human incarnation so we
                    can make
                    > progress on earth,
                    > An even greater Blessing is to lead a spiritual life in this life,
                    > And the greatest of all possible Blessings is to have an Avatar
                    > guide and carry you along the Way."
                    >
                    > Now, for years I have remembered this and a few weeks ago
                    flicking
                    > through a book (that I dont even remember if it was Guru's) I
                    saw the
                    > actual precise wording of this prayer or prose (whatever it
                    should be
                    > called). Unfortunately I didn't pay enough attention to my great
                    > discovery at the time.
                    >
                    > Is there anybody out there in any corner of the cosmos that
                    might
                    > know either - where I saw this or where I might be able to find it
                    > perhaps somewhere else?
                    >
                    > Love and gratitude
                    > Anubha, Australia :-)
                  • durba_l
                    Message 9 of 16 , Aug 3, 2005
                      When I first started attending classes, I remembered at one
                      time I was habouring doubts about the relevance of having a
                      spiritual teacher in my life and the authenticity of what
                      people said about Sri Chinmoy.

                      I was born a Buddhist and even though I did not have any
                      Buddhist religious upbringing, I have a very strong love for
                      the Buddha. Once as a child, my mother took us to see a movie
                      about the life of the Buddha. The Buddha in the movie
                      captured my little heart and since then I always cherished
                      the idea that to be able to sit at the Buddha's feet is the
                      greatest blessing.

                      Hence, at this stage when I was poised on whether to become a
                      student of Sri Chinmoy, something in me came to the fore to
                      counter my initial doubt, "What if the Buddha is alive now
                      and people told you about him but you didn't believe them ?"
                      The thought of missing out the chance to see the Buddha was
                      unbearable, I had to see for myself, so I ask to be a student
                      of Sri Chinmoy. The rest was history ...

                      I found my sentiment echoed many years later in this
                      particular utterances of Sister Christine with regards to her
                      Guru, Swami Vivekananda, "Blessed is the country in which he
                      was born, blessed are they who lived on this earth at the
                      same time, and blessed, thrice blessed are the few who sat at
                      his feet..."

                      Sister Christine was one of the closest disciples of Swami
                      Vivekananda. Against all odds and in extremely trying
                      circumstances, she did Swami Vivekananda's work in India by
                      teaching to the women of India and helping them in as many
                      ways as she could. She is remembered as a woman of great
                      spiritual accomplishment and bravery.

                      I feel very very blessed, indeedÂ…